Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 21, 14, 3:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lcpteck
Wiki Link
SPG Instant Awards
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 11, 19, 4:07 pm

Can anyone provide some insight on getting to the hotel? What does a taxi from PVG cost roughly? I arrive at 11:35PM on a Monday. Can I still take metro line 2 at this time? Basically I'm curious about Metro speed and cost compared to taxi speed and cost at that late hour.

Thanks
Old Mar 11, 19, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by omghaxcode View Post
Can anyone provide some insight on getting to the hotel? What does a taxi from PVG cost roughly? I arrive at 11:35PM on a Monday. Can I still take metro line 2 at this time? Basically I'm curious about Metro speed and cost compared to taxi speed and cost at that late hour.

Thanks
Taxi should cost less than CNY 200 and take less than an hour. Subway is not an option at that time of day.
Old Mar 11, 19, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by tth6133 View Post
Taxi should cost less than CNY 200 and take less than an hour. Subway is not an option at that time of day.
I think my taxi was 220 CNY in January. Language wasn't a big issue, this is a well known hotel.

I echo most of what Antonio8069 said below. I was very satisfied with my stay and all interactions with the staff. The lounge team noticed the expression on my face when I asked if they just had Pepsi; a few minutes later bringing me a bottle of Coke.

Annoying but not unsafe, was the constant solicitation for sex as I walked Nanjing Street and even into the lobby of the LeM. Those ladies are persistent and I know that despite hotel staff looking out, they will appear in the elevator area if they see an opportunity.
Old Mar 12, 19, 12:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Fairmont PLAT, Priority Pass
People's Square

By Metro, take Line 2 to People's Square. Allow one hour. 7 RMB.
When the announcer says you have reached the terminal statilon, you need to change to another Line 2 train. I changed twice - same platform. All announcements are made in English.
Old Mar 12, 19, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antonio8069 View Post
By Metro, take Line 2 to People's Square. Allow one hour. 7 RMB.
When the announcer says you have reached the terminal statilon, you need to change to another Line 2 train. I changed twice - same platform. All announcements are made in English.
Since his flight arrives after the metro closes, taxi makes the most sense. There is also a late night bus that I tried once. It wasn't horrible, but I'm not sure I would try it again.