Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WasKnown
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Dec 2016: 3 exceptional stays with Aman-like service and true luxury

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ue-luxury-1716

As of September 2021:

Breakfast is served as in-room dining
Spa is closed (seemingly permanently?)
Gym is open
Bar is open weekends until 11 PM
Print Wikipost

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2023, 11:23 am

Are the "Executive Premier" rooms people referring to the same as "Premier Room, 1 King Bed, Non Smoking (Floor-to-Ceiling Window Views)" in the Amex travel site?

I only have Amex Plat (i.e. Gold) and FHR. Many posts suggest the "Executive Premier" -> Astor Suite upgrade is Plat Elite level only?

Wondering if there is any pathway for me to get an Astor Suite upgrade.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 7:13 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BR787
This hotel no longer upgrades more than one category for any status. Hell, as an Ambassador I was given the room I originally booked even though the app showed an upgrade and I was on a FHR rate.

I feel a lot of other things have taken a step down post-renovation at this hotel including service level.

While the Ritz Carlton is older and in a different neighborhood, at least the service level and elite treatment meets a certain standard.
When would this policy have gone into place? I received an upgrade to an Astor Suite from base room a few months ago. Last year we booked the Astor suite cash and they upgraded us to the Metropolitan Suite.

Originally Posted by SilverGGA
Are the "Executive Premier" rooms people referring to the same as "Premier Room, 1 King Bed, Non Smoking (Floor-to-Ceiling Window Views)" in the Amex travel site?

I only have Amex Plat (i.e. Gold) and FHR. Many posts suggest the "Executive Premier" -> Astor Suite upgrade is Plat Elite level only?

That sounds like the Executive Premier. Those are the rooms located in the part of the building with floor to ceiling windows.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium & LT Gold
Originally Posted by gasongasoff
I guess you and I are both on the V.U.P. list.
Out of curiosity, did you get the version of the exec premier where the bathtub opens up into the bedroom through double doors or where the bathtub was against the wall in a separate bathroom?
Very late reply, but I got the one where the bathtub opens up into the bedroom through double doors
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by WasKnown
When would this policy have gone into place? I received an upgrade to an Astor Suite from base room a few months ago. Last year we booked the Astor suite cash and they upgraded us to the Metropolitan Suite.
Impressive. Do you think base->Astor is only available to Ambassadors like yourself? Do you remember which day of the week you stayed? This property seems to have lower occupancy on sat and sun based on their rates.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by SilverGGA

Many yrs ago I got an Astor upgrade from either a Grand Deluxe or an Exec Premier on an Amex FHR rezzie. This was likely during the Starwood days, pre-Covid obviously. All other times when booking a basic room with FHR and without elite status, I simply got a 1 category (ie better view or a grand deluxe). More recently with Bonvoy Plat/Titanium, they seem to do their best to get me into an exec premier.

Let us know what happens if you end up staying.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 6:05 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gasongasoff
Impressive. Do you think base->Astor is only available to Ambassadors like yourself? Do you remember which day of the week you stayed? This property seems to have lower occupancy on sat and sun based on their rates.
I've been to this hotel many times on both long and short stays covering pretty much every day of the week. My first time here, I was upgraded from base room to Astor as a Titanium. However, that was a while ago so I'm not sure how relevant the data point is.

One New Year's Eve, I booked the Astor Suite and they upgraded me to the Metropolitan Suite. I honestly found the elite treatment to be excellent but have not been here for a few months. Sadly this is one of the best options for SF currently and it seems like they really know it.
gasongasoff likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 7:35 pm

Just got back from an overnight stay over labor day weekend booked through Amex FHR concierge. Told them we were celebrating a birthday when booking.

Booked a Deluxe Room and was upgraded to a Superior Room. Basically the same room, but on a higher floor. In general we enjoyed our stay, the staff was very courteous and accommodating. Here are my observations/takeaways.
  • the brought some macaroons up to the room for the birthday - a nice gesture
  • bottled water readily available. Two in the room to begin, and they add more when they turndown your room in the evening. Gym also had fridge stocked with bottled water.
  • a lot of requests are taken care of by the butler service. For example, we wanted some ice but couldn't find it. Turns out you request it via the butler service and they bring it to you.
  • this was our first time using a butler service so we weren't used to the service. When you request things, the default is for them to come into your room and set it up (ex. we asked for toothbrushes & lotion and they asked if they could come in and set up in the bathroom)
  • we had a $100 f&b credit via FHR plus another $100 f&b credit as part of an FHR promotion. Daily breakfast credit was $90 ($45 per person).
  • we had breakfast and brunch in Astra (the hotel restaurant) to spend the f&b credit - it was generally pretty empty. food was good but pretty pricey.
Some things that weren't great (these are not major problems, just things to watch out for)
  • the fridge in the room was stocked with drinks but was not cold - we took out the drinks during our stay to store our food from dinner the night before but it did not keep it cold
  • the sink faucets & showerhead leaked. the sink is also quite shallow
  • they charged us for valet parking twice even though we were only there for one night ($89x2). they took this off when I brought it to their attention but watch your folio to make sure you don't get any extra charges
  • the $90 breakfast credit only applies to breakfast. We spent $75 for breakfast and $220 for lunch, assuming the $90 breakfast credit would also apply to brunch, but it didn't. No huge deal, but make sure you don't make the same mistake
Overall we enjoyed our stay.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Is the SPA area open again here?
Old Feb 21, 2024, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
Does anyone know what the breakfast offering currently is for a Marriott Platinum?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by rani
Does anyone know what the breakfast offering currently is for a Marriott Platinum?
Unless it's changed, it's breakfast for 2 at the Astra restaurant attached to the lobby. There's a special Bonvoy Breakfast menu. It's pretty darn good. Unfortunately, they stopped doing in-room dining for the platinum breakfast.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA PP, DL DM, UA SL, CX GO, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold
Upgrade policy?

What's the latest people have experienced for complimentary upgrades? Are suite night upgrades usable here?
Old Feb 25, 2024, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by thouartgerrard
What's the latest people have experienced for complimentary upgrades?
The policy as referenced in quite a few posts is not to upgrade past the Grand Deluxe room, though there have been exceptions.
Originally Posted by thouartgerrard
Are suite night upgrades usable here?
Make a (cancelable) booking and check it out.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 5:32 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Room 1214(?) - Astor Suite base level suite. True suite with a separated bedroom. Living room was great and felt like an apartment.
Ambassadors occasionally get upgraded to the Executive King (corner room with floor to ceiling windows), but 99% of upgrades are to the Grand Deluxe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.