Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WasKnown
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Dec 2016: 3 exceptional stays with Aman-like service and true luxury

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ue-luxury-1716

As of September 2021:

Breakfast is served as in-room dining
Spa is closed (seemingly permanently?)
Gym is open
Bar is open weekends until 11 PM
Print Wikipost

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:24 pm

Thanks for the parking tip, I might just do valet the first day, then park at SFMOMA the next two days then
Old Sep 19, 2020, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
This has been our favorite staycation hotel for the last few years to use up any left over 50k certificates. Our most recent stay was in Feb 2020. Booked last minute on a Friday afternoon for a Saturday night stay. Given that our next cert will expire in March 2021 I started checking the prices on this hotel and noticed that an October overnight stay now requires 85,000 points. Yikes!!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 19, 2021, 4:13 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Any recent stays here? Is the gym open right now?
Old May 22, 2021, 6:39 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Just pinging again to see if there are any recent stays here? Will be Ambassador status by the time I visit and will be with my SO. Worth burning all of my SNAs to make it memorable (I'd have to split up my reservation to do so)? I see now that the only upgrade available is the Executive Premier which seems to just be an upgraded base room.

How has this hotel fared during COVID lately?
Old May 22, 2021, 6:51 pm

Programs: Yes
WasKnown PM sent
WasKnown likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 5:03 am

Programs: UA 1P, SPG
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Just pinging again to see if there are any recent stays here? Will be Ambassador status by the time I visit and will be with my SO. Worth burning all of my SNAs to make it memorable (I'd have to split up my reservation to do so)? I see now that the only upgrade available is the Executive Premier which seems to just be an upgraded base room.

How has this hotel fared during COVID lately?
I’ve got a stay as well in the next couple of weeks and curious about the current situation
Old Jul 1, 2021, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Peetyrd
I’ve got a stay as well in the next couple of weeks and curious about the current situation
Can you post here how it goes? TPG wrote an article on it where it seems like a few things are still closed. My stay is next month and I’ll update here as well.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 6:44 pm

Can you post here how it goes? TPG wrote an article on it where it seems like a few things are still closed. My stay is next month and I’ll update here as well.
Just finished a one-night stay a few days ago. $150+tax upcharge to Astor Suite. Via app chat, said highest complimentary upgrade possible was Large room (what the SNA would book into). Gym open, pool closed. Lobby bar open thu-sun. Nice service.

here’s the current breakfast offering:

WasKnown likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by jchu7
Just finished a one-night stay a few days ago. $150+tax upcharge to Astor Suite. Via app chat, said highest complimentary upgrade possible was Large room (what the SNA would book into). Gym open, pool closed. Lobby bar open thu-sun. Nice service.

here’s the current breakfast offering:

Thanks! Was the tip included? Any option for room service breakfast?
Old Jul 15, 2021, 2:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Always good when a programme’s flagship brand outright declares that they don’t follow the loyalty program’s minimum requirements.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Always good when a programme’s flagship brand outright declares that they don’t follow the loyalty program’s minimum requirements.
Word has clearly gotten out to owners and GMs that Marriott won't enforce program rules concerning upgrade policies.

At least they're still providing a real elite breakfast. That still places them in the current upper tier of Marriott properties in terms of honoring benefits.
SPN Lifer and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:13 pm

Thanks! Was the tip included? Any option for room service breakfast?
Whoops! This was only available as room service. Ordered one additional dish, so there was a check to be signed (which I’d imagine is usually the case anyway?) with option to tip. Good quality.

Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by jchu7
Whoops! This was only available as room service. Ordered one additional dish, so there was a check to be signed (which I’d imagine is usually the case anyway?) with option to tip. Good quality.

Nice, thx man. Did they upgrade you to the Grand Luxe upon request or should I pop SNAs?

Are they serving the SF blood Mary currently?
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:30 pm

Nice, thx man. Did they upgrade you to the Grand Luxe upon request or should I pop SNAs?

Are they serving the SF blood Mary currently?
Ended up sticking with my original 2 queen deluxe. I’m sure you could save your SNA by asking prior to check-in though. Quite responsive via app chat!

I did save the all-day menu somewhere.. stand by
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
Any recent trip reports? I have been pre-upgraded to an Executive Premier room, but am wondering what my chances are for a further upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.