Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WasKnown
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Dec 2016: 3 exceptional stays with Aman-like service and true luxury

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ue-luxury-1716

As of September 2021:

Breakfast is served as in-room dining
Spa is closed (seemingly permanently?)
Gym is open
Bar is open weekends until 11 PM
Print Wikipost

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jmr50
I also had to laugh a little bit as the OP complained about unhealthy food in one paragraph, and the lack of cake in the next.
LOL. Agreed.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:50 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, VS Red, BA Blue
Deluxe room vs Superior room

I got the same rate in September for both a deluxe and superior room. The descriptions for both rooms are identical, so what's the difference and is there a better chance for a platinum upgrade with one room over another?

Thanks

Last edited by tagv12; Feb 11, 2010 at 10:57 am
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by tagv12
I got the same rate in September for both a deluxe and superior room. The descriptions for both rooms are identical, so what's the difference and is there a better chance for a platinum upgrade with one room over another?

Thanks
Sorry to bump this so soon, but I need to make my reservation.

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:12 am
Suspended

I didn't notice if you were Platinum or not...but, its irrelevant...why not just call SPG and ask the rep the difference in room types? One must be better...ask for the differences (size, separate tub/shower, whatever else). If no one responded in this forum, that's what I would do (I might even do it first).

That would take all of about three minutes...better than waiting for a response in this forum, no?
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP

Thanks!
According to the hotel website:

Superior rooms are on floors 5-8 and Deluxe are on 6-18. The website indicates that Deluxe is a higher room category so unless you're insistant on being on the fifth floor, it seems like the Deluxe is the way to go.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
I didn't notice if you were Platinum or not...but, its irrelevant...why not just call SPG and ask the rep the difference in room types? One must be better...ask for the differences (size, separate tub/shower, whatever else). If no one responded in this forum, that's what I would do (I might even do it first).

That would take all of about three minutes...better than waiting for a response in this forum, no?
And then come back and share!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:24 am

ok...calling SPG would probably get you nowhere as the OP stated that the description online is the same for both superior and deluxe....

So I called the hotel for you, spoke with front-desk as to the difference between a superior and deluxe. Size-wise it is similar. The only "possible" difference is the location of the room within the hotel, floor-wise, and the type of view you will get. Amenity-wise, all the same.

Since it is the same price...book the deluxe...

(and before someone makes a comment on me having too much time on my hands, yes, it is pretty slow at work )
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by myperks
ok...calling SPG would probably get you nowhere as the OP stated that the description online is the same for both superior and deluxe....
Not completely accurate. One poster said that the online description mentioned that room sizes were similar and that: "Superior rooms are on floors 5-8 and Deluxe are on 6-18." If the online website noted this differentiation, the phone reps might also, no?
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Not completely accurate. One poster said that the online description mentioned that room sizes were similar and that: "Superior rooms are on floors 5-8 and Deluxe are on 6-18." If the online website noted this differentiation, the phone reps might also, no?
I assumed the OP was referring to the rate box description...(in which that is what a SPG agent will see as well)...but apparently not...

The description in the rate box does not say floor numbers but it does say the following:
Superior - low floor
Deluxe - city view (which i'm assuming a higher floor?)

anyways...
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by myperks

So I called the hotel for you, spoke with front-desk as to the difference between a superior and deluxe. Size-wise it is similar. The only "possible" difference is the location of the room within the hotel, floor-wise, and the type of view you will get. Amenity-wise, all the same.

Since it is the same price...book the deluxe...

(and before someone makes a comment on me having too much time on my hands, yes, it is pretty slow at work )

Thanks everyone! myperks you have the winning post ^
Old Feb 16, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA GS // SPG Plat // Hyatt Diamond
thanks for the thorough review. i live in sf and am looking to treat missus chontz to a nice weekend staycation. this might fit the bill.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 1:03 am

last week I stayed at the St. Regis SF for the first time. i also felt it is not St. Regis. more like Royal Meridian. as a platinum i got upgraded to executive premier room on 19 floor. the room is nice a spacious with a very nice views of SF. westin market st. is about 2 min walk from the St. regis. the Palace hotel about 6 min. walk and the Westin at union Sq is about 8-10 min walk.

the pool at this hotel is fantastic, open 24 hr. not crowded at all. the fitness center is open 24 hr as well and very well equipped.

next time in SF i will try the Westin at Union Sq.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by KSA_USA
next time in SF i will try the Westin at Union Sq.
The Westin St. Francis (Union Sq.) is, in my opinion, one of the worst Westins in any major city in the country. Service is lousy, and the hotel is worn and tired. Even the new rooms there are old and run down. I would take the Westin Market St. in a second over the St. Francis.

(though neither is remotely close to the St. Regis -- for quality of rooms, food, public spaces and service, it is in a different league from both of these)
Old May 6, 2010, 1:15 am

Programs: AA EXP 5MM, DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CHM, National VIP
Staying at St. Regis SFO now - have stayed here many times before and think the rooms are the best of any Starwood in SFO. Checked in and told I was upgraded to Exec Premier room. I had checked online a few minutes earlier and saw that Astor and Metropolitan suites were available for sale. Although Metropolitan suites are not "standard" suites and they don't have to upgrade Plats to those, I have been assigned those before.
Told the clerk that I saw suites available online and asked if I could be upgraded to one of those. Oddly, he asked "what kind of suites did you see?" rather than just checking to see what was available. Punched away and said he could put me in an Astor suite.
Very nice..much better than a standard room, but they make you work for it. No Plat Amenity (candy bar) - guess because I didn't get the room they preblocked for me.
Old May 6, 2010, 2:48 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DFWFlier
Staying at St. Regis SFO now - have stayed here many times before and think the rooms are the best of any Starwood in SFO. Checked in and told I was upgraded to Exec Premier room. I had checked online a few minutes earlier and saw that Astor and Metropolitan suites were available for sale. Although Metropolitan suites are not "standard" suites and they don't have to upgrade Plats to those, I have been assigned those before.
Told the clerk that I saw suites available online and asked if I could be upgraded to one of those. Oddly, he asked "what kind of suites did you see?" rather than just checking to see what was available. Punched away and said he could put me in an Astor suite.
Very nice..much better than a standard room, but they make you work for it. No Plat Amenity (candy bar) - guess because I didn't get the room they preblocked for me.
What do you mean no platinum amenity?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.