Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Pelikan Hannover, Germany [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Pelikan Hannover, Germany [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any recent updates? Staying here this Saturday on a 65 Euro Weekend Getaway Includes Wifi And 3pm Guaranteed Late Check Out rate.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just reporting back. I got upgraded in advance to a club level room, and saw this in the app a day in advance. Only had a quick one night weekend stay for a rate of 65 euro.

Check-In
Checkin was friendly, the associate was nice and pointed out some of the things in Hanover, and gave me advice on the public transport system. She told me she got a extra large room for me, per my stay preferences, so I got excited! She did not inform me about lounge hours, breakfast and hotel facilities, so I had to go back to the front desk later and ask again.

Room
I was hoping I got upgraded to a suite, as it was not clear at reception. (I should have asked...) And as the hotel was deserted on this weekend stay, literally hardly saw any other guests during the time we were in the hotel. Alas, we just got upgraded to a "club" room, which was quite small for a club room I thought. The room seemed recently refurbished and looked nice, be it small. It featured a SweetSleeper bed, (but not the whole ensemble), a generous desk and a chair. The room seemed to be recently renovated, the bathroom however was not, and was not really what I expect of a modern Sheraton, it was really tiny, and old looking, but very clean. While a nice room, I did not feel like I was staying in a Sheraton at all. A theme that keeps coming back during the stay. Not that it was a bad room, but not a Sheraton room, this can be good or bad, depending your feelings of the brand.

Club Lounge
Like stated in previews comments, the Club Lounge is in a partioned off area in the restaurant. Which is not very convenient, every time you want to go there you have to walk through the restaurant. and Each time a member of staff came to ask what I was doing in the closed restaurant, while the club lounge is open all day. The offerings in the club lounge during the day are almost existent, a few fruits, and some soda's. No juices and more importantly no coffee or tea at all. We did not make it in time for evening canopies, or for breakfast, so I cannot comment on that.

Check-Out
Check-out was fine, quick and I was out of there in a minute. During the weekend it is no problem to park your car in the Pelikan Viertel for free. Saved 17 euro in Sheraton Parking costs this way.

Verdict

All in all it was a ok hotel stay, it is not one of my favourite hotels in Germany, but I would not hesitate to go back there. It does not remind me much of the Sheraton brand, but is a solid 4 star business hotel. The small room was fine for a one night stay but for a longer stay it would be rather cramped. The hotel is based in the previous Pelikan factory, which does give it charm, but also makes it feel rather impersonal and industrial.

Bathroom
Not a lot of counter space at all, and a tiny shower. There was only one of each of the bathroom amenities, incl only one soap bar.

Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
I agree that the Sheraton Pelikan does not feel like a real Sheraton, the rooms are a bit more upscale than the average Sheraton in Germany, the rooms are very modern and the suites have a very nice set-up.

The Club Lounge is special and they should have told you that you can order almost anything on weekends, just tell the staff what you like to have.

There is an evening service from Monday-Thursday, which is solid. The breakfast is served in the main restaurant and it is pretty good.

What I do not like is the gym, it is located in the same building, but not part of the hotel and does not open soon enough on some days, especially Sunday.

Easy access from the tram (Exit Pelikanstraße) and only 4-5 stops from Central Station.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
I also like this hotel pretty much - the location is quiet and not much around; but the hotel itself has a nice flair... bf is good. And a lot of good points were already mentioned re the lounge.

Just try to avoid the 4XX rooms at the roof. The layout is some kind of awkward... I really had issues watching tv out of my bed (as it is on the floor)
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:03 pm

During a recent stay:

Is it normal for Club Lounges in Starwood not to have alcoholic beverages? Admittedly not a frequent guest of other lounges, but in the few I've been in there has been free beer and wine, if not a limited selection of spirits.

Lounge generally feels more like an afterthought. The food selections were OK but limited, and the space, while clean and decently furnished, feels like a back room.

Re club rooms (cannot speak to others): there is an issue with noise and smoke from other rooms coming in. I've stayed all around the world and for a high-end hotel, my room had some of the worst soundproofing I've experienced. And smoke should not be coming into my non-smoking room when the door and windows are closed.

It's a nice hotel...the spaces are clean and tastefully decorated, functional, etc. But at the end of the day, you want a room where you don't hear and smell your neighbors.
Old May 11, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Any recent experiences with Platinum Breakfast benefit (Wiki in "Platinum Breakfast thread" is empty on this property) ?
Old May 11, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by geilux
Any recent experiences with Platinum Breakfast benefit (Wiki in "Platinum Breakfast thread" is empty on this property) ?
As the lounge is closed in the morning you will receive regular bf service in the restaurant.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
I've been staying in the hotel on and off again for some time now. Suite upgrades are seldom under the week but do happen (issue is mostly that there are too many plats). On the weekends, the hit rate is far higher.

Just last weekend I stayed there and had an anniversary with my wife. I called ahead two days before my arrival and asked for an upgrade, which was promptly granted. I also got a nice assortment of fruits plus a personal letter from the front desk.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:43 am

Has anybody been recently in Hannover? Will stay in the Hotel next week and would like to know if Club Lounge service has changed / improved. Is the Lounge opened during weekends?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:10 am
Original Poster

The Club Lounge is open on weekends as well. Daytime: drinks are available and hot drinks upon request at no charge. 7PM-9:30PM hot and cold items as well as salads are on display. Wines as well. Hope this helps. Sometimes you need to check with Restaurant service next door, but they are happy service the Lounge, since no specific lounge attendant is present. For all benefits just ask the front desk upon arrival again.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:11 am

Finally I stayed in the Sheraton Hannover Pelikan; actually quite okay but nothing exciting. I didn`t like the corridors and the bathrooms looked like from a hospital. However you have a tram Station direct in front of the Hotel and the Club Lounge is quite nice as well (but maybe a little bit dark inside).

If you want to see more; feel free ...
Old May 5, 2019, 11:03 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I recently stayed here on a trip with MrsWT73. I posted about it in the Flyer Talk Trip Report forum.

It was a pretty reasonable stay. Platinum breakfast was in the restaurant with a full buffet and sparkling wine on the weekend only.

We were upgraded to a large suite with a SNA (expiring - so I burned it here). All in all, I would stay again over the Courtyard Hanover which didn't look to appealing and very dated from the outside on a walk-by.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.