Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Pelikan Hannover, Germany [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Pelikan Hannover, Germany [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2009, 5:22 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
My experience was more like aussiechris. Nice suite, great team with very efficient and nice service. Yes the club lounge is closed on Sundays but that is the case at quite a few hotels.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I'm 2nd time in this hotel. Firt time as last year as a Gold member with a normal room as booked. Today I'm here as Platinum and was upgrated to a suite. Well hornestly this is in generel not my preffered place. The stayle in the room is strange to me. They tried to makeitmodern btut the bathroom in the suite is big but only white. Nothing to feel really good.

It is all there an nothign to coplain but notto feel like at home. Sorry Hannover.

The stuff is really friendly. The lounge is quite small but very nice. Everything to drink is there and will be served. Food quality was so lala. But this happen if you try to heat them for hours. Missing was some bread and not dishes where available. I took them from outside.

The "standard" price for this hotel in the week is 139,- € no breakfast included or 129,- € prepaid. For Hannover in this location and no breakfast it is too expensive. Sorry m8s!

I agree to the former ppl. Hannover does not participate on the Q4 2009 and Q1 2010 actions. No extra points or anything else.

On check in I was asked to get the 500 points. Like in all may stays.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Stay here regularly

Hi everyone,

I am staying quite regularly in the Sheraton Hannover and would like to share my two cents about the hotel.

There are actually two highlights in my opinion: The "Physical Park", which is a full featured really large fitness club adjacent to the hotel which you, as a hotel guest, can use for free. Since I stay here regularly, this is a big plus for me.

The second highlight is the breakfast. Fresh orange juice, good selection of the usual stuff and several Smoothies you can mix and match as you like and eggs cooked to order.

The club lounge is small, but the drinks are there and you can order beer and wine quite quickly during the week. The food is mediocre most times in the lounge, the few couple of times I ordered something from the restaurant it was a lot better.

This year they will start to remodel the rooms. They will make one floor each year, and I had the chance to test a sample of the new rooms. They are quite nice and way better than the current ones. They will start with the SPG floor this year.

Also, the architecture of the building is nice. It is the former factory of Pelikan fountain pens. Therefore the ceiling in all floors is very high, providing a special atmosphere. This somehow makes up for the smallness of the rooms for me.

Tipp: try some cocktails in the adjacent bar. They are the best in town, as locals keep telling me.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The club lounge should be open during weekends now. Got an e-mail from the hotel saying that the club lounge is open from 8AM till 10:30PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, HH Gold, LH Senator
Just to mention it.
No breakfast for Plat - not in the lounge and not for free at the restaurant.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by nidecker
Just to mention it.
No breakfast for Plat - not in the lounge and not for free at the restaurant.
breakfast is not a benefit of being platinum unless your rate includes it. It's been said time and time again. If you do get breakfast comped, the hotel is feeling charitable.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
Originally Posted by justspg
breakfast is not a benefit of being platinum unless your rate includes it. It's been said time and time again. If you do get breakfast comped, the hotel is feeling charitable.
Correct, but if there is breakfast served in the lounge, plats have access to it. On the hotel website it says "the Club Lounge offers complimentary breakfast, afternoon hors d’oeuvres and a variety of beverage options."
Old Nov 24, 2011, 3:42 pm

6 month ago I was given breakfast but only allowed to seat in the lounge and only to take some parts of the buffet offically (continetal breakfast), nobody controlled it of course.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:45 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, HH Gold, LH Senator
Dear justspg,

the Sheraton Hannover is one of the few Sheraton´s with lounge but without lounge breakfast for Plat.

Both Sheraton in Munich (Arabella and Westpark) offer lounge breakfast, same to Westin Grand Munich.

What´s most annoying in Hannover that they handle this guest by guest and day by day different .
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Have an upcoming weekend stay and received brilliant upfront recognition. I have booked two rooms (BRG) and asked if I could upgrade the 2nd room to Club level using points (1st room assumed Plat Club access). Hotel replied that weekend occupancy is low and they are happy to upgrade room 1 to suite and room 2 to Club on complimentary basis, both including free lounge access including breakfast.

Will post stay experience, it always thrills me when hotels go out of their way even prior to the stay - makes me look forward to it even more !
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:57 am

ArabellaSheraton Pelikan Hannover, Germany [Master thread]

Great stay, everything delivered as promised, exceeding expectations. While the hotel is not brand new, the style is really special and makes a unique experience.

Lounge was not really operating on the weekend (though accessible) but they were happy to cater drinks and provided complimentary full buffet breakfast. Overall great experience and Plat treatment.

For the soccer fans, Hannover 96 uses this hotel prior to their home games...
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by banzani
Great stay, everything delivered as promised, exceeding expectations. While the hotel is not brand new, the style is really special and makes a unique experience.

Lounge was not really operating on the weekend (though accessible) but they were happy to cater drinks and provided complimentary full buffet breakfast. Overall great experience and Plat treatment.

For the soccer fans, Hannover 96 uses this hotel prior to their home games...
Artexon posted in July that the hotel would be remodelling rooms. Any sign of that?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:23 am

ArabellaSheraton Pelikan Hannover, Germany [Master thread]

Did not see anything supporting that, but of course I only saw our room. The rooms are still oK, just not brand new nor super stylish.
Old May 21, 2012, 6:07 am

Do they have happy hour in the lounge during the weekend? I don't really get the rules at this hotel...

Booked 3 nights in June - 69 EUR per night, so a great value.

Last edited by skrosvik; May 22, 2012 at 1:25 pm
Old Jun 26, 2012, 3:56 am

Stayed here for the weekend, Friday till Monday...paid 69 EUR per night.

The hotel it self is beautiful and in a nice and historical building. It is located a little far outside the centre, for my taste - but it was always easy to hail a cab and the fare was about 10 EUR.

Was greeted by a wonderful woman upon check-in, was upgraded to a one-bedroom suite on the 1st floor. The suite was newly renovated and very nice. High ceilings and windows. The suite was large, but there was no divider between the bedroom and the living room.

The club lounge is located below the lobby area, it is attached to the main restaurant (5th Avenue). Unfortunately, some of the hotel staff have a big of an attitude, which is not good! My friend and I was sitting in the club lounge ALONE, then the waiter came into the lounge and asked me why I had changed the channel on the tv in the lounge. I said why not, and then he repeated the question. I told him very clearly that I am a guest, and if I want to change the channel then it should be up to me, he is working, and not in a position to watch tv in the lounge. That really set the standard with this grumpy waiter for the rest of our stay.

The lounge is okey, it was open daily till late evening (even during the weekends). The happy hour had complimentary beer and wine, no self service - so you have to call the restaurant every time you want a refill. Also when it comes to coffee. Soft drinks and juices were self service from a fridge. The food was plentiful as well - toast, ham, cheese, tomato soup, empanadas, grilled vegetables, cakes, etc, etc. A buffet that really made a full dinner.

We also tried to food in the restaurant, it was nice and not that expensive.

I was able to choose 500 points as my plat amenity and was still able to choose to have my breakfast in the club lounge OR the main restaurant. The receptionist said it was the same, but she did recommend the restaurant breakfast. I did not try the breakfast, cause we overslept every day.

The hotel have a nice bar as well...called Harry's New York Bar or something, it is very popular with the locals as well. A nice place.

Would not hesitate to go back here, even though it was a bit out of the way and some service and attitude problems among the staff.

A nice hotel and a great value!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.