Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Starwood Properties in Seychelles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Properties in Seychelles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Just completed a 5 night stay at LM Fisherman's Cove. Overall a middling stay. The positives were the staff - very proactive, engaging, friendly, customer-oriented. They definitely tried their best!

The property itself is in dire need of an update. Who knows if that's in the cards, gauging by how things happen in the Seychelles, I'm guessing it'll be awhile, if ever. The worst part for us was probably the food. Overpriced and completely tasteless for the most part, although looking at reviews of other places in the Seychelles, this seems to be a common theme. Thankfully we found a pretty good Indian restaurant at a nearby hotel that we went to a few times.

Some good redemptions to be had here though - certainly not going to balk at a deluxe oceanview suite for 58K points for 5 nights!

Also for anyone staying here - you can book your r/t airport transfer through the hotel - but one of the drivers they use is incredibly obnoxious and very pushy about trying to get you to do an extended tour of Mahe with him. Not my cup of tea at all.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Just completed a 5 night stay at LM Fisherman's Cove. Overall a middling stay. The positives were the staff - very proactive, engaging, friendly, customer-oriented. They definitely tried their best!

The property itself is in dire need of an update. Who knows if that's in the cards, gauging by how things happen in the Seychelles, I'm guessing it'll be awhile, if ever. The worst part for us was probably the food. Overpriced and completely tasteless for the most part, although looking at reviews of other places in the Seychelles, this seems to be a common theme. Thankfully we found a pretty good Indian restaurant at a nearby hotel that we went to a few times.

Some good redemptions to be had here though - certainly not going to balk at a deluxe oceanview suite for 58K points for 5 nights!

Also for anyone staying here - you can book your r/t airport transfer through the hotel - but one of the drivers they use is incredibly obnoxious and very pushy about trying to get you to do an extended tour of Mahe with him. Not my cup of tea at all.
Good to know. We are headed there in November, and I'm currently negotiating an upgraded room for my family (wife and two kids). How did you get the 58K for the deluxe oceanview suite?

Also, what is the name of the Indian restaurant you found...we're going to want to hit that place up! :-)
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:22 am

Also, what is the name of the Indian restaurant you found...we're going to want to hit that place up! :-)
I'm sure its MAHEK (Coral Strand restaurant). I would recommend it too, best food in the Beau Vallon.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Good to know. We are headed there in November, and I'm currently negotiating an upgraded room for my family (wife and two kids). How did you get the 58K for the deluxe oceanview suite?

Got lucky I guess? Randomly called and asked about any higher category rooms available for redemption and it was - so we grabbed it right away. At over 500 euros/night otherwise, this was one of our best redemptions. I believe the only higher category room available was the executive suite which was 120k points for 5 nights.

Originally Posted by thomasito
I'm sure its MAHEK (Coral Strand restaurant). I would recommend it too, best food in the Beau Vallon.
Yup! Certainly not the best Indian food ever, but far better than really anything else available in the area.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:22 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red

i cant understand why anyone would want to stay on the main island! Hope you are only using the spg option as a short stopover as there are so many amazing hotels on the other islands like Constance just look at options on trip advisor. If you are coming all the way from NA for a stunning beach experience you will be disappointed, you need to find other hotel options. Also bear in mind November is rainy season (I believe but not sure)
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by fdem

i cant understand why anyone would want to stay on the main island! Hope you are only using the spg option as a short stopover as there are so many amazing hotels on the other islands like Constance just look at options on trip advisor. If you are coming all the way from NA for a stunning beach experience you will be disappointed, you need to find other hotel options. Also bear in mind November is rainy season (I believe but not sure)
Believe me - when we have $1500/night to drop, we'll return and stay on Praslin or one of the other islands. Otherwise, hotels like the LM are perfectly adequate for a relaxing holiday (especially when bookable with points!).
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Believe me - when we have $1500/night to drop, we'll return and stay on Praslin or one of the other islands. Otherwise, hotels like the LM are perfectly adequate for a relaxing holiday (especially when bookable with points!).
EXACTLY!
We're using the LM as our home base and will day trip to the other islands. Having 6 people with us, the other resorts aren't in the budget...not sure why people "can't understand" that.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:11 am

EXACTLY!
not sure why people "can't understand" that.
Haha - I mean this is flyertalk after all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.