Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Los Angeles area

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Los Angeles area

Old Apr 3, 19, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Smiley90 View Post
Reading the reviews in here, it seems roughly evenly split between W West Bevery Hills, Marriott Beverly Hills and the SLS... for the nights I'm interested in, the latter are virtually identical in price. Platinum so I'll get Lounge (Marriott) or Restaurant Breakfast (SLS) access. This would be just for one night between visiting Universal and going to the airport and we'll be staying at the Universal Sheraton the night before to avoid traffic in the morning - then in the evening go to "to be decided" restaurant, spend most of the next day hopefully around the location (hence the appeal of beverly hills) and then head to the airport for a late afternoon/evening flight.

That said, SLS or Marriott? Late evening drinks at the Marriott lounge sounds appealing, but I REALLY don't know the area around the two hotels to decide what's better for local strolling and window shopping/relaxing.
I live near both hotels. The SLS is in walking distance to a number of restaurants, but is on a very busy street that IMO is much less pedestrian-friendly and far more congested than the BH Marriott. The BH Marriott is in walking distance to a lot of restaurants, as well. For what you are looking for, I think that the Marriott would be the better choice, but not by a wide margin. But, if you want to be able to walk to the Beverly Center mall vs. the shops in Beverly Hills, stay at the SLS.
Old May 5, 19, 6:11 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
I need to stay 3 nights in the Pasadena area. I've stayed at the Courtyard on Fair Oaks and found the property dated. The Sheraton in Pasadena seems to be undergoing renovations and reports on TripAdvisor make me wary. I did call them and they said they would be done with those by end of May. Any recommendations on other Marriott properties in the area or the Sheraton itself?
Old May 5, 19, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by legionnaire View Post
I need to stay 3 nights in the Pasadena area. I've stayed at the Courtyard on Fair Oaks and found the property dated. The Sheraton in Pasadena seems to be undergoing renovations and reports on TripAdvisor make me wary. I did call them and they said they would be done with those by end of May. Any recommendations on other Marriott properties in the area or the Sheraton itself?
Not sure if this helps, but I had a stay in 10/2018 and it was overall pleasant. There was no construction going on at the time, but from my recollection, the rooms seemed somewhat recently remodeled. Is the construction in the lobby or other area? My standard room was smallish but perhaps the suites are much bigger. I did not used the lounge so I am unable to comment.
In my opinion, the best feature of this hotel is the location as it is adjacent to the convention and walking distance to restaurants, shops, nightlife, etc.
Old May 6, 19, 1:35 pm

i've stayed at the Westin Pasadena a couple of times and enjoyed it very much. I've also stayed at the Sheraton Pasadena when the price difference made it difficult to justify the Westin. It is a typical Sheraton.
Old May 6, 19, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Ti
I stayed at the Sheraton Pasadena about a month ago. Everything I saw was newly renovated and it was a nice stay. Lounge was decent. Felt more like a Westin than a traditional Sheraton. Have also stayed at the Westin a few years back and I think the renovated Sheraton is very comparable but with a newer feel.
Old May 20, 19, 6:06 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA GLD
LA Hotel recommendations for a first time visit

First time visit, looking for neighborhood and hotel recommendations. Budget is $200ish/night with slight flexibility.
Old May 20, 19, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
I see you're from New York. What would you tell a first time visitor who asked you the same about your city? Most likely you'd say, "Come on, man! That's way too vague for me to be able to answer!"

There are far too many variables at play, so we'll need more info to give any kind of decent answer. How many people in your party? Are they family or friends? Will you have a car? Do you want beach access, downtown central, walking distance to nice restaurants, museums, performing arts, theme parks??? Los Angeles is an incredibly diverse and geographically spread-out place. You'll have to give us more to work with.
Old May 20, 19, 7:24 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, ICH Gold, *A Gold
Here now and there is some construction right at the front entrance. Room is much nicer than the rooms I've had over the last three years. Wifi sucks and soundproofing is poor.

Last edited by CO-PLAT; May 21, 19 at 9:54 pm