FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Los Angeles area
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:22 pm
SS255

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Reading the reviews in here, it seems roughly evenly split between W West Bevery Hills, Marriott Beverly Hills and the SLS... for the nights I'm interested in, the latter are virtually identical in price. Platinum so I'll get Lounge (Marriott) or Restaurant Breakfast (SLS) access. This would be just for one night between visiting Universal and going to the airport and we'll be staying at the Universal Sheraton the night before to avoid traffic in the morning - then in the evening go to "to be decided" restaurant, spend most of the next day hopefully around the location (hence the appeal of beverly hills) and then head to the airport for a late afternoon/evening flight.

That said, SLS or Marriott? Late evening drinks at the Marriott lounge sounds appealing, but I REALLY don't know the area around the two hotels to decide what's better for local strolling and window shopping/relaxing.
I live near both hotels. The SLS is in walking distance to a number of restaurants, but is on a very busy street that IMO is much less pedestrian-friendly and far more congested than the BH Marriott. The BH Marriott is in walking distance to a lot of restaurants, as well. For what you are looking for, I think that the Marriott would be the better choice, but not by a wide margin. But, if you want to be able to walk to the Beverly Center mall vs. the shops in Beverly Hills, stay at the SLS.