Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
Hotel Website: JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort and Spa

Daily resort fee of USD 30 added to rate includes self-parking, mini-golf, spa fitness center, golf bag storage and more

resort fee (regularly $30; includes self-parking) for Silver is $25, Gold is $20 and for Platinum it's $15

Report in Jan 2014 that the Japanese restaurant offers an early-bird special from Sunday to Thursday until 6PM, which can save substantially on meal costs there.
Print Wikipost

Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Does anyone here have information about the Governor's Suite at this property? It was listed as a option for Suite Night Awards but there were no photos on the property website and a Google search on the Governor's Suite drew a blank. I called the property and was told that this suite does have a Signature View (though not listed in the description) and is renovated and is not listed on their website because they are in the process of renaming their suites due to renovation. He told me that all suites except for the Griffin Suite have Signature Views. Based my phone conversation, I selected Governor's Suite, Vice Presidential Suite, Executive Suite, and Signature Suite for my SNA and was assigned the Governor's Suite a few hours after making the selection.

When doing a search my dates, I noticed that Executive Suite and Signature Suite are still available for booking. Should I switch to either of these suites or keep the Governor's Suite? Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Christmas week stay 2019

We arrived about noon on Christmas Day. I had booked a Griffin Suite and asked for a pool view. The pool view wasn’t available but a high room (7th floor) was available for early check in. After traveling all day from PHL, I took the suite that was available instead of waiting until 4pm for a view. Since it was a high floor, we did have a nice view from the balcony out to the front of the resort. I did hear some noise at various times from the miniature golf course on our side of the hotel. We had a beautiful balcony but didn’t sit outside much, it was too cold.

As far as I know, the renovations are finished. We didn't experience any work being done. the property was beautifully decorated for the holiday. They even had a snow making machine in the boat area during the evenings.
I booked the Griffin Suite with $100 resort credit. It is good for all restaurants except Fisherman’s Landing. We had great sushi in the bar/lounge area on 3 different nights. Bethany was our server and she remembered us each night.
We did the regular buffet breakfast one morning and it was very good. We also did the Sunday champagne breakfast for $45. Very, very good. Our server kept my mimosa filled! We made a reservation for 11 but went early and they seated us within 10 minutes. On our last morning we had a few dollars left to use from the $100 a night credit, so we ordered off the regular menu for breakfast.
We also ate at Fisherman’s Landing one night, food was fine but there was a large family that was watching college football and they were very obnoxious. We ate and left.
Starbucks was very busy all the time. Live music in the bar area on Friday and Saturday nights was a nice addition.
I had to ask about our credit before checking out, not too sure if it would have been automatically subtracted from the bill. Since I was proactive, it was all handled successfully.

We golfed on the Palms course one day, it was a challenging course and kept in great condition. All in all, we throughly enjoyed the area and the hotel.

Nighttime boat ride

Lobby decorations

Sunday Cahmpagne Buffet

Golf view
Old Aug 31, 2020, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Any COVID-era stays?
Old Feb 11, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Any feedback on this property, pools, tub etc. Titanium / Plat breakfast ?

I used SNA to book into a signature suite not sure how desirable this suite is
Old Mar 7, 2021, 7:20 am

Had a 3/21 stay as a platinum.

Platinum breakfast is any entree from the menu, coffee, and juice. It is available at the restaurant or as in room dining. 18% gratuity is included, but the $5 in room dining charge is not.

Suite upgrades cleared 5 days out. Was given the room that upgrade cleared into.

Resort fee is $38 and was told they no longer discount it with status.

Slow during the week, busy on the weekends. Same number of pool chairs as prepandemic, many chair groups not 6 feet apart. There are a few activities on Saturday and Sunday, less than before. Boats are not operating.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Any idea if they're giving Plats complimentary access to the spa pool/complex as in pre-COVID times?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SNA Suite Selection

Both Signature Suite and Executive Suite are listed under SNA selection. Which one is better? Griffin Suite looks like a junior suite while Governor's Suite and Vice Presidential Suite are no longer listed under SNA.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Just had a 1 night stay as a Plat. with points and 4pm late checkout given when asked.

No suite upgrade, only upgrade to a better view room (pool/lake view). $33.00 resort fee + $3.63 tax (RESORTTX) + $0.99 (RSRTTBID) not sure what the hell that is. These fees are getting more and more annoying. Parking included in the resort fee, it's a long walk from the parking lot to the check-in. Upon check-in, a page of the on-going event for the day was given to me. That's where I scan the QR code to book the boat ride. The boat ride was very nice at night time, reservation is a must, we were lucky enough to be the only family on the ride. I also notice there was a $30/kid package. I was tempted to buy the kid package but decided not to since we're only staying for one night. The $30 packages include some art and craft stuff, treasure hunt and more.

Room was renovated, it was nice and clean. Bed is very comfortable. Only 2 complaints on the room. First, I can heard every door closed from the outside. It's very loud. Second, the shower is very nice but the water seep through the glass door and it's very wet outside after shower. I mean 1/4 of the bathroom is wet after shower.

I felt that everyone was well trained especially the 2 servers at breakfast restaurant. Plat. Breakfast is anything on the menu. If you want the full buffet, $10 upgrade with Plat benefit. 18% gratuity automatically added. 2 adult + 2 kids with full buffet came out to be $55.33. Our server was well trained, well worth the 18% gratuity! The buffet was good. Don't mind paying $10 for the upgrade at all.

Pool was not too crowded when I was there. Since I have the 4pm checkout, we went to the pool again the next morning and we almost had the whole pool ourselves. No one was swimming, only sun bathing.

All in all, I will visit this property again!

Oh, My total for one night stay was $92.95 + points.
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
California's JW Marriott Desert Springs Reveals Major Renovation

David
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 9:56 pm

What is the difference between rooms in the main building versus Springs building/Outer Wing?

Both are bookable for the same amount of points.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by chachi22
What is the difference between rooms in the main building versus Springs building/Outer Wing?

Both are bookable for the same amount of points.
How far you have to walk/float to get back to the main building.

David
Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Any updates on titanium members being given access to the spa pool, like pre-covid times? They took this benefit away for a while but not sure if it ever came back.
soartoday likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Can anyone interpret this PLT/Titanium elite breakfast amenity receipt? I couldn't really figure out if gratuity was really included or not? The receipt just looks odd to me as it's presented. The $10 upgrade fee is for 1 upgrade to full buffet.

Old Oct 14, 2022, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by araknis
Can anyone interpret this PLT/Titanium elite breakfast amenity receipt? I couldn't really figure out if gratuity was really included or not? The receipt just looks odd to me as it's presented. The $10 upgrade fee is for 1 upgrade to full buffet.

it is basically breakfast for you and 1 other person comp'ed so if I had to guess, you'd only be on the hook for the $10 upgrade unless you had 3 people there, then they would charge you the kid's meal plus the $10 upgrade
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by araknis
Were you given complimentary access to the spa pool, like pre-covid times?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.