Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
PLATINUM BENEFITS (CORRECT AS OF OCT 3, 2015)

• Complimentary buffet breakfast in Prompt (4th Floor 6:30am-10:30am).
  • Complimentary selected drinks and food throughout the day according to opening hours at PSI & Podium (4th Floor 5:30pm-8pm) (max 2 persons). The menu will be provided in the bar.
  • Complimentary shoes shining services (2 pairs) or pressing for suit (2 pieces).
  • 30% discount enjoyment in our restaurants.
  • 50% discount on overnight parking.
  • 20% discount Business Service & Facilities.

SHUTTLE BUS SCHEDULE
Hotel - Hong Kong MTR Station (PICKUP @ BASEMENT L2, DROPOFF @ GROUND FLOOR
0700 - 0730
0800 - 0830
0900 - 0930
1100 - 1130
1200 - 1230
1300 - 1330
1400 - 1430
1500 - 1530
1600 - 1630
1700 - 1730
1800 - 1830
1900 - 1930
2100 - 2130
2200 - 2230
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:36 pm

The hotel has its own shuttle from the Airport Express Central Station running every hour. There is a big parking bay just outside the ticketing/platform area and each hotel that has a shuttle has a dedicated spot with a timetable posted.
If I remember correctly (from about 2 months ago) the charge was $HK75 each way.

If you are a bit more adventurous you can catch an Airbus (I think its the A10) for $HK48 to somewhere close to Cyberport (eg Aberdeen or Kennedy Town) and jump in a cab for the rest of the journey (less than $US10). I did this not having a clue where I was going just following along on a map and jumping off the Airbus when I thought I was close enough - I enjoyed the adventure. Just double check the Airbus number as I can't clearly remember but it went Airport -Central-Aberdeen- South island or South Shore (something like that)

And the hotel was great for a platinum

Edit: The hotel shuttle from the Airport Express station costs $HK29
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...ropertyID=1826

Last edited by 3544quebec; Apr 5, 2011 at 6:16 pm
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Can you help explain this a bit? I've never been to Hong Kong... I've only been to Asia a couple times. Where is this shuttle? Is it a le meridien shuttle? Is it similar to a taxi? Do I need cash? Where do I go in the airport terminal?
Thanks! A bit nervous for my first trip out there.
Several ways to get to the hotel.

1. There is a direct airport-hotel shuttle managed by a private company. Skyexpress has a website where you can make the booking. It's goes to other hotels also.
2. You could also take the HK AirportExpress train to HK station. The hotel shuttle is directly across the exit. On the left of the taxi line. You would need a coupon to get on the shuttle, just inform the driver you will purchase the coupon upon arrival at the hotel.

Refer attached link :
http://meremalearoundtheworld.blogsp...en%20Cyberport
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
It is indeed but this is probably the least useful limo option given the location of the W.
As a first trip to HKG I would recommend the OP take a taxi from the airport to the property. This will cost a little more than a train and taxi/shuttle combo but not massively so and will bee a lot more convenient.
That said this is not a property I would choose for a first trip to HKG.
If I remember correctly, taxi from HKIA to Le Meridien Cyberport would be about HKD 350-450 depending on traffic.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:39 pm

Somewhat off-topic to the thread... if you had just one night at the Le Meridien, and you were there primarily for a stopover, where would you go eat? I'm not looking to go to a super pricey place, but just a good place. Anyone have a favorite? THANKS!
Nothing much in the area of Cyberport. Quite really a dead area. Take the hotel shuttle to Central/IFC. Lots of dining options at IFC mall or opposite at Central.

PM me if you want more details. I'm now based in HK.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by meremale
Several ways to get to the hotel.

1. There is a direct airport-hotel shuttle managed by a private company. Skyexpress has a website where you can make the booking. It's goes to other hotels also.
The Skyexpress website doesn't seem to function any more nor did it 2 months ago when I was searching. The ground transportation information desk at HKG didn't have any info on a private shuttle to Cyberport at that time. I may not have gone to the correct desk.Do you have another link for Skyexpress?
Old Apr 12, 2011, 3:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Silver
Okay. So I'm confused. So it will be more. then i think i'd like to take the train. Can someone lay it out for an HKG noob for me? Something like...

1) make sure you have $X in cash / they take credit card
2) walk to this part of the airport - look for this
3) buy this certain type of ticket
4) get on train
5) get off at stop Z
6) look for a cab - that should cost Y

something like that?
Someone else laid it out, but in details:
- get off plane
- go through immigration
- go to Airport Express train, buy round trip ticket to central (no cash needed, you can use a credit card)
- exit at Central (aka Hong Kong aka 3rd - last - stop)
- exit through turnstyles, veer left to "shuttle" area. LeMeridien bus stops there every 30 minutes
- Get on bus (they'll charge your room the 20 HKD for the trip if you'd like - no cash needed)
- When bus stops at hotel, get off, check in, relax

Having said all that, I'd recommend going to town for the evening to get to experience Hong Kong a bit. If nothing else take the shuttle out to Central, wander around for a few hours, then head back to the hotel.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 4:06 am

Programs: *G, SPG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by TriNorm
Someone else laid it out, but in details:
- get off plane
- go through immigration
- go to Airport Express train, buy round trip ticket to central (no cash needed, you can use a credit card)
- exit at Central (aka Hong Kong aka 3rd - last - stop)
- exit through turnstyles, veer left to "shuttle" area. LeMeridien bus stops there every 30 minutes
- Get on bus (they'll charge your room the 20 HKD for the trip if you'd like - no cash needed)
- When bus stops at hotel, get off, check in, relax

Having said all that, I'd recommend going to town for the evening to get to experience Hong Kong a bit. If nothing else take the shuttle out to Central, wander around for a few hours, then head back to the hotel.
Ditto that.. I rather enjoy the quiet of this hotel rather than the W and Sheraton after a long day of work. The pool and breakfast are really good too!
Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
For those interested, I just finished up a nice one night stay @ the hotel and wrote a report up here.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I suppose there is no lounge in this hotel, but does platinum guests still get complimentary drinks at the bar (like some people mentioned previously)? Is this at a daily basis?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Last time I was there, yes, it's on a daily basis. Not off the regular drink list but a fairly extensive "special" list. With free buffet breakfast in the hotel resto, I'm not sure a lounge is needed. I certainly prefer the bennies at the Meridien over the crappy (regular Club) lounge over at the Sheraton.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:14 pm

Thanks, sounds great! Is this good for a guest as well, or only for the platinum member?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by skrosvik
Thanks, sounds great! Is this good for a guest as well, or only for the platinum member?
Anyone booked in a Deluxe Seaview or above.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:32 pm

Well, we are two persons staying in the room.

So, as a platinum member, I am entitled to complimentary drinks at the bar regardless which room I book?

But if I book a suite then my "room mate" will also be entitled to complimentary drinks?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Well, we are two persons staying in the room.

So, as a platinum member, I am entitled to complimentary drinks at the bar regardless which room I book?

But if I book a suite then my "room mate" will also be entitled to complimentary drinks?
The room occupants are entitled to the benefits of the room rate. If you get an upgrade or benefit as a Plat then this extends to a companion sharing your room with you.

Isn't this SPG 101 stuff?

The free drinks at the bar are during a defined time period (from memory 6pm to 9pm but I may be wrong). I think there was potentially free soft drinks etc. during the day but have never found where I could get this.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
In one case, the hotel was "sold out" so I wasn't allocated a Deluxe Sea View room. However, they still extended those benefits (meaning free breakie, lounge drinks, etc) to me, as a Plat member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.