Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

All Marriotts print boarding passes for free?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2006, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

This was posted in an e-newsletter I receive? Is it true? If so, good to know. If not, I'll let the person who posted it know...

"I learned that every Marriott has a policy of printing the Web-based boarding passes for passengers. Simply go to the front desk and ask to use their computer and printer. You'll avoid the high fee charged by their outsourced business center."

Cheers.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 9:35 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I don't know about all Marriotts, but the DFW North Courtyard said they would print your boarding passes for you with no charge. When I asked at the front desk, they thought that while most any Marriott would do this, they didn't think a lot of them would do it for free.

BTW, I stayed at the Downtown Dallas Hyatt last weekend, and they had signs posted everywhere about their print services for boarding passes. For only $10 they would print out your boarding passes.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:04 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
What some smart company should do is create a kiosk that would print boarding passes, it would just be a computer (with the internet browser set to only allow access to the pages needed to print boarding passes) and a laser printer ... shouldn't cost more than a couple thousand for everything and you could sell it to hotels, convention centers, rental car companies, or any other business trying to attract business travelers on the road ...
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:05 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
On a related note, I *love* how Northwest has the option now to have the boarding passes faxed to you ... BRILLIANT!
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Beckles
On a related note, I *love* how Northwest has the option now to have the boarding passes faxed to you ... BRILLIANT!
As saavy as this feature is, Continental had it before Northwest did.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:31 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
What some smart company should do is create a kiosk that would print boarding passes, it would just be a computer (with the internet browser set to only allow access to the pages needed to print boarding passes) and a laser printer ... shouldn't cost more than a couple thousand for everything and you could sell it to hotels, convention centers, rental car companies, or any other business trying to attract business travelers on the road ...
Great idea; Hilton and Starwood have already done it.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060413/20060413005352.html?.v=1

http://www.kioskmarketplace.com/news...e.htm?id=17466
Old Apr 21, 2006, 3:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
The Minneapolis Marriott City Center recently put in a computer in the lobby and one outside the c-lounge, both for the purpose of printing boarding passes. Great idea!
Old Apr 21, 2006, 5:18 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

You mean like the SpeedCheck common-use kiosks at LAS and around L.V. that have been around since 2003?
Old Apr 21, 2006, 9:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Southwest & Airtran

I have found that for these airlines (and probably others), you can simply checkin in online from your laptop (skip the printing) in your room and reprint your boarding pass at the airport.

For these specific airlines, it can allow you to get an A boarding pass or select your seat 24 hours in advance in the case of Airtan.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
If I don't have access to another computer, I usually ask in the Concierge Lounge if they can print my boarding passes for me. I can't recall anyone ever saying no.

Bruce
Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Marriott SLC Downtown put in a self-service checkin station in the lobby about 6 months ago.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slippahs
As saavy as this feature is, Continental had it before Northwest did.
I did exchange some emails with one of the VPs at NW a few months ago & they're in the process of rolling out the ability to do fax-back BPs from your wireless devices. Can't wait til I can check in with NW on my Blackberry!
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:32 am

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news06...ttHotels.shtml

Marriott International has begun rolling out dedicated lobby computer stations with printers so guests can check in to their airline flights and print out their boarding passes before they leave for the airport. The new service will be available at all Marriott Hotels & Resorts and Renaissance Hotels & Resorts in the United States and Canada. Installation has been completed at 32 hotels already and will be available at nearly 150 more within the next two weeks. The company is targeting September for the new check-in service to be offered at every U.S. and Canadian hotel, more than 400 in total
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Yeah what he said!
Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I stayed at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, FL, last week. It's a truly impressive hotel, new and spectacular. Their business center has a sign that boarding passes can be printed for $7! I found someplace else where I did it for free.

It's really obnoxious when you're spending hundreds of dollars a night at a hotel and they feel the need to squeeze another few dollars out of you for a service that costs them next to nothing. Marriott is going the opposite direction, and it's a good move. Another reason why Marriott is my first choice every time.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.