Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Nashville, TN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Nashville, TN

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by navatwal
Any trips or recent feedback on JW, Renaissance or Noelle?
We stayed at the JW in November and were very happy with it. It’s a bit spendy, but everything is still nice and new. The executive lounge had a decent selection of food and we enjoyed our breakfasts and happy hour snacks there.
It was our first trip to Nashville, but we thought the location worked well. Only a short walk to many restaurants and night clubs and easy to get an Uber to go further out (eg, Opryland)
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by osubeavers01

We stayed at the JW in November and were very happy with it. It’s a bit spendy, but everything is still nice and new. The executive lounge had a decent selection of food and we enjoyed our breakfasts and happy hour snacks there.
It was our first trip to Nashville, but we thought the location worked well. Only a short walk to many restaurants and night clubs and easy to get an Uber to go further out (eg, Opryland)
Well if you look at lots of tripadvisor reviews and the Marriott website survey reviews, they aren't that great. Lots of service breakdowns and maintenance issues. And I'm sorry but during the week the JW is selling on avg close to $480-$500 or more a night. That to me is absurd. If the reviews were mostly stellar it might, might be more tempting to give it a shot but at that ridiculous price point I can't justify spending $1500+ for 3 nights at a JW. Especially one that is getting lots of mixed reviews.
NJKen likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Nashville Sheraton or AC

I have a category 5 travel package. The Sheraton is going up from a cat 5 to a cat 6. The AC is only 2 weeks old and is a cat. 5. Any Marriott hotel recommendations for Nashville?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I stayed at the JW Marriott two weeks ago. I was offered an upgrade but the room was not ready so I took a high floor corner king. The club lounge was decent. The location was good. Service was acceptable. Overall, I would go back if my business was nearby.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Crazy Marriott Bonvoy prices for Nashville Memorial Weekend

I've stayed in Nashville quite a bit and know weekends are pricey but $379 for the Westin was the cheapest (for a prepay rate and standard rate of $407) of any downtown property. The regular rate at the JW is $412. I opted for the Sheraton for 35,000 points per night.

What in the heck is going on in Nashville that weekend (other than the wedding I'm going to )? Do I need to book something out near Vanderbilt to stay away from huge event downtown? I googled the dates and nothing large came up.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Interesting article on Marriott brand hotels in Nashville.

Nashville has the highest revenue $ per room for Marriott in the US.

Marriott has an additional 28 properties in the pipeline for Nashville.

Article might be behind a paywall, so I am copying it here.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...hoo&yptr=yahoo

By Adam Sichko – Senior Reporter, Nashville Business Journal
5 hours agoTom Onken didn't set out to become a Nashville booster. But in his career and his personal life, he could hardly be more bullish.

Onken is the chief franchise officer for Marriott International Inc. (Nasdaq: MAR), one of the world's largest hotel companies. Nashville's flourishing tourism scene, its convention activity and surging demand from business travel have triggered a stampede among hotel brands and developers. The ensuing record jolt of rooms is putting new pressure on hotels, and at least slowing the growth in what they can charge for a room. But Marriott and others don't seem to be backing off — in fact, they're angling to put more high-priced luxury hotels in the area.

"We probably have more hotels in the pipeline here than any other market in the U.S.," Onken said. Within Marriott, Nashville generated the highest revenue per available room (a common performance metric in the hospitality industry) in the U.S. for the past three years, Onken said.

Marriott has 53 hotels in the region today. Nearly half have opened in the past five years. Marriott has 28 more hotels in the works.

Here's how Onken sees it: "The airport continues to set records. You have Amazon and all the other office moves happening here. Tourism won't wane here. Broadway is a phenomenal experience for middle America, and so many people don't even have to fly to get here."

Onken and his family used to live in Orlando — until 2016, when they moved to Franklin. The idea to move came when Onken was chatting with counterparts at Nashville-based Ryman Hospitality Properties Inc. (NYSE: RHP) while working on a project in Washington, D.C. At the time, Onken and his wife were looking for another home in Orlando. Onken said the conversation made him realize his family didn't have to stay put, and might be happier elsewhere"The Ryman guys raved about Nashville. They said they'd quit if they ever had to move," Onken said.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:51 am

I'm in nashville quite a bit (both in the city and further south down into brentwood/franklin/cool springs) and Nashville hotels are ridiculously expensive compared to other similar markets. 28 more properties would be very welcome.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I need to spend one night this weekend at the Nashville Airport RI. I noticed the description mentions "Complimentary self-parking in gated outdoor parking lot."

I am driving a 2019 MSport BMW with a camcorder, so do I need to find a different location? Spouse and puppy in tow.

Other nearby choices are Sheraton Music City and the TownPlace Suites.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:36 pm

Not sure what your issue is. They are all in the same area. They all have outside parking. None of them have secure garages. The RI has a security fence on Elm Hill and one entrance on a side road. There doesn’t appear to be a gate on Google Street View. Town Place has no gate or fence and is right on the road. Sheraton Music City is off the road a ways but open parking.

are you afraid of the weather?

Surely you aren’t planning on keeping the camcorder in the car right?

Do do you think someone is going to steal your car?
Old May 9, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Not sure what your issue is. They are all in the same area. They all have outside parking. None of them have secure garages. The RI has a security fence on Elm Hill and one entrance on a side road. There doesn’t appear to be a gate on Google Street View. Town Place has no gate or fence and is right on the road. Sheraton Music City is off the road a ways but open parking.

are you afraid of the weather?

Surely you aren’t planning on keeping the camcorder in the car right?

Do do you think someone is going to steal your car?
I should have been more precise and say I have a BV dash cam that stays on when driving on the open road or parked for several reasons.

I have family in the south part of the Nashville Metro (my father was born to the north west of the city) and have flown in and out of BNA, but do not know the hotels in that area. I have seen the word 'gated' be used as something of a warning and was seeking advice for those who know the city best.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:44 pm

I don’t think you are going to see an appreciable difference between the hotels. The airport area is relatively safe. The biggest issue is obviously the rifling through cars for guns. Both TownPlace and RI are right on Elm Hill Pike. It’s a busy road and it’s a busy area. The RI has a gate on the Elm Hill frontage which probably adds to its security in that you aren’t parking right on the road,

sheraton Music City is off the street a ways and probably the most secure. I think they charge for parking as well.

Like most hotels, you wouldn’t leave valuables in the car, etc. But the area is not known as a high crime area, just an area with a lot of hotels.
Xeno likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS Peon
We have are going to the Nashville area for 5 nights over the 4th of July, and I still haven't decided on the best place for us to stay. Our main reason for the trip is to visit a sick friend (i.e. probably won't be going out and doing things in Nashville as much as most visitors) in Murfreesboro, but we'll likely want to at least go get a few drinks one night in Nashville. I'll also be booking with points and have a bit over 100k available (200k if necessary) along with 2 35k FN certs. I'm Titanium Elite, though I don't think I'll be getting much for that in the hotels I've been looking at.

I've been mainly looking at any of the 25k hotels closest to the airport, favoring ones with complimentary airport shuttles or free parking, or the Fairfield, Courtyard, or Residence Inn in Murfreesboro, which are 17.5k each.

It seems like the Murfreesboro options are about 15-20 minutes from our friend and 40 minutes from the city, and the airport options are around 30-40 minutes from our friend and 15 minutes to the city. I'll be renting a car, but would probably want to Uber in and out of the city based on parking being tough from what I've read, and wanting to drink some safely.

Are there any favorites/obvious choices among these options? Or should I consider something in a slightly different area? There are some in Smyrna or Lebanon that might not be bad either, but I'm not really sure.

Sorry if this doesn't really fit here since none are really right in Nashville, but seemed close enough to ask for suggestions anyway!
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by emag_eh7
We have are going to the Nashville area for 5 nights over the 4th of July, and I still haven't decided on the best place for us to stay. Our main reason for the trip is to visit a sick friend (i.e. probably won't be going out and doing things in Nashville as much as most visitors) in Murfreesboro, but we'll likely want to at least go get a few drinks one night in Nashville. I'll also be booking with points and have a bit over 100k available (200k if necessary) along with 2 35k FN certs. I'm Titanium Elite, though I don't think I'll be getting much for that in the hotels I've been looking at.

I've been mainly looking at any of the 25k hotels closest to the airport, favoring ones with complimentary airport shuttles or free parking, or the Fairfield, Courtyard, or Residence Inn in Murfreesboro, which are 17.5k each.

It seems like the Murfreesboro options are about 15-20 minutes from our friend and 40 minutes from the city, and the airport options are around 30-40 minutes from our friend and 15 minutes to the city. I'll be renting a car, but would probably want to Uber in and out of the city based on parking being tough from what I've read, and wanting to drink some safely.

Are there any favorites/obvious choices among these options? Or should I consider something in a slightly different area? There are some in Smyrna or Lebanon that might not be bad either, but I'm not really sure.

Sorry if this doesn't really fit here since none are really right in Nashville, but seemed close enough to ask for suggestions anyway!
Don't forget, if you book your whole stay with points your 5th night will be free. I have not stayed at either property but, if paying with all points, it looks like the RI is a better value (breakfast), if paying with a combination of certs and cash the CY ($10 pp/pd for food) would be better since you get 10 points per $ instead of 5 that you get from RI's.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Stayed at the Four Points in Brentwood. They have live music, which is actually pretty good! Also got a $1 breakfast rate which is worth it for the buffet (average), but lets you double dip with the points bonus.

Hotel itself is nice enough, not the newest or oldest, but in good shape. Location is in a business district, so nothing to write home about unless you're in the area for a reason. It's not the closest to downtown, but closer to Franklin.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Stayed at the Four Points in Brentwood. They have live music, which is actually pretty good! Also got a $1 breakfast rate which is worth it for the buffet (average), but lets you double dip with the points bonus.

I stay at the Four Points in Brentwood once a year to visit a local. The plat breakfast amenity is now just the cold buffet and there is an upcharge of around $6 for the hot items. The hotel is fine for what it is, but I hate to see the gradual diminishing of member benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.