Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Nashville, TN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold

Does anyone have any info on this location. I am plat and will be staying for the weekend in late April (running the CMM marathon!!!) and will be with my childern. Any spin on the C-lounge and breakfast on the weekend and upgrage sucsess would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 5:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Northern Miles
Does anyone have any info on this location. I am plat and will be staying for the weekend in late April (running the CMM marathon!!!) and will be with my childern. Any spin on the C-lounge and breakfast on the weekend and upgrage sucsess would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
I have not stayed on the weekend...I can tell you that the corner rooms even if you have to settle for a non concierge floor room are akin to a suite...double the size of the regular room, large marble bathromms...I travel here fairly regualrly and I will say it is one of my favorite spots...not over the top but very very comfortable...a tip, if you are driving, use the self park deck across the street...valet is $19.67 a day...on a weekend you should easily score a corner room...concierge lounge during the week is nothing special...continental breakfast etc.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Also have stayed here severals times. To add to comments above, the location is great, in the heart of nashville. great place to walk around and take in the culture/feel of the city.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by IrieDame
I have not stayed on the weekend...I can tell you that the corner rooms even if you have to settle for a non concierge floor room are akin to a suite...double the size of the regular room, large marble bathromms...I travel here fairly regualrly and I will say it is one of my favorite spots...not over the top but very very comfortable...a tip, if you are driving, use the self park deck across the street...valet is $19.67 a day...on a weekend you should easily score a corner room...concierge lounge during the week is nothing special...continental breakfast etc.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IrieDame
Thanks for the info. Is the self serve parking across the street with the hotel? And what is the charge? I am looking forward to the weekend.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Believe the charge for parking across the street is $5 or $6. It helps to park on the 4th floor as there is a catwalk going across the street directly into the hotel. Also I have a slightly better opinion of the concierge lounge selections in the evening then IrieDame but the lounge would only be available to you on Sun night as I believe it is closed during the weekend. As you are platninum you can easily score breakfast coupons for you and your kids by just asking.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 7:44 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Kind of OT, but as a new MR Plat, how do I get breakfast coupons? If the lounge is closed, as I travel on weekends frequently, do I get free bfast? How about on award stays? Thanks for the help.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 7:47 pm

Just go eat breakfast at pancake pantry instead.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 9:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy TE(LT), DL DM(Retired) 1MM, AA EXP
BNA is home to me (for now at least). You might want to check out the Vanderbilt University Marriott. It will be very close to the start of the CMM and is in an upscale portion of the city. In this area you will be surronded by more locals than tourists - just depends on what you are looking for.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 6:12 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Kind of OT, but as a new MR Plat, how do I get breakfast coupons? If the lounge is closed, as I travel on weekends frequently, do I get free bfast? How about on award stays? Thanks for the help.
Simply ask (politely) for a voucher when you check in. Sometimes they will and sometimes they won't. Weekend breakfast is not a guaranteed amenity, but it is nice when they give it.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 6:19 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by HawkSE
BNA is home to me (for now at least). You might want to check out the Vanderbilt University Marriott. It will be very close to the start of the CMM and is in an upscale portion of the city. In this area you will be surronded by more locals than tourists - just depends on what you are looking for.
I stayed a this property a couple of times last year found it pretty good - especially at our corporate rate . In addition to being surrounded by locals, you will be surrounded by some pretty good dining choices - and the hotel restaurant isn't half bad.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 5:24 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by keeton
I stayed a this property a couple of times last year found it pretty good - especially at our corporate rate . In addition to being surrounded by locals, you will be surrounded by some pretty good dining choices - and the hotel restaurant isn't half bad.
Will I live used to live there until I decided to move out to a rural area, you are right, it is a good choice.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 2:05 pm

Programs: USAirways-CP Marriott-Platinum Premier Hilton-Gold
I have stayed at the Renaissance Nashville a number of times and have found it convienent when I want to go out in Nashville, everything is walking distance. However, I prefer the Vanderbilt Marriott if I am not going out. It is a very nice facility, and the staff is the best I have encountered at any Marriott. I spent alot of time there a year or so ago, and felt right at home and welcome. It is also right next to a PF changs, Flemings, and a Borders bookstore.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 3:09 pm

Programs: US1, HHDiamond, MR Lifetime Plat, Nat'l Exec, Avis 1st, Priority Plat
One of the benefits of the Renaissance Nashville is the Bridge Bar - if Brad is working you will be served the best martini you've ever had (if you like them well shaken)! Also, easy walk to the honky-tonks (try Roberts Western World - home of BR549). And for breakfast it's a 20 minute drive west down 100 (I think - whatever Broadway turns into) to the Loveless Cafe. Great biscuits and smoked bacon/sausage/ham.

Vandy Marriott is also nice, but my vote is for the Renny! Have fun whichever you decide.

Last edited by orfflyer; May 7, 2008 at 5:00 pm
Old Apr 2, 2006, 3:30 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Highway 100 runs off of West End Av, but it is not called West End by that point. It is HWY 70 S or Memphis-Bristol HWY or Harding Pike. Memphis-Bristol Hwy is an offical secondary name, it shows in maps and in the Metropolitan Police system, however, it is not a common use name, and many people will not know what you are talking about. There are few signs that actually have that name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.