Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khkchan
SPG INSTANT AWARDS - as of Feb 2018
Private Airport Transfer (one way to or from airport) - 3375 points (car) / 4500 points (van)
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Bag - 1125 points
Le Meridien Phuket Polo Shirt - 1500 points
Half Board Lunch / Dinner - 1800 / 2650 points/person (excluding special / festive events)
Buffet Breakfast Adult / Child - 1875 / 1125 points/person/meal
Spa Kids Pass - 2625 points/child/day (child 12 years and below)
One SPG Beverage at Tonson Bar - 1875 points for 2 drinks
One Mini-Cup of Ice Cream - 750 points (available at Tonson bar)
Two-hour Thai Cooking Class - 5250 points / person
60 Minute Massage at Le Spa with a choice of Swedish massage / sport massage / oriental massage - 6000 points
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
gonna stay there in the end of this month, just wanna know about standard suite upgrade for plat member.

does anybody stay here recently?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
gonna stay there in the end of this month, just wanna know about standard suite upgrade for plat member.

does anybody stay here recently?
What about reading before posting???? There are tons of answers to your questions in this thread. FT is not a moderated google!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
What about reading before posting???? There are tons of answers to your questions in this thread. FT is not a moderated google!
thank you and sorry for bothering you with my question.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
?
Most common upgrade is the Jr Suite.

During low season you may even get a full suite, and during peak season you may even be downgraded i.e. the worst possible room.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 7:53 am

thanks, mr.mario33
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, SPG-Plat, UAL 1K, CO Plat, Marriott Silver
Totally agree

They downgraded me even though I booked into a pool view and it took several phone calls and complaining including showing my confirmation to get it fixed. Didn't get anything from the property yet, but will follow-up with them. I was told it was SPG's fault, which is ridic given I have the e-mail confirmation from booking, which has nothing to do with my status.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:11 pm

Now staying here for only one night (before heading to westin siray bay and naka island)

at first, as a spg platinum member, they upgraded me from deluxe garden view room to deluxe pool view room but then changed to oceanfront deluxe suite (which is newly-renovated and very good condition) later because i had to wait for my room until 4.30pm (they also gave me one complimentary welcome drink at tonsai restaurant.)

overall service is nothing special for me but is acceptable.

breakfast at portofino restaurant (for platinum member only) is great. the waitresses did their job perfectly.

the beach is my most favorite spot here, i enjoyed smimming in the sea very much, this is the main reason for me to stay at this property

finally this is a good stay for me, i'll be back for sure (but not in peak season).
Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I was going to stay here but the number of negative comments of late is concerning. I also noticed on the SPG page that they have lots of positive reviews for which they respond to but also a number of 1 star negative reviews that they don't address at all. Luckily there are lots of hotels to choose from in Phuket.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by baillee1
Just stayed here for 7 nights. They're getting into busy season so no suite upgrades. The great thing about this resort is its private beach and close proximity to both Patong and Karon. As a platinum customer you get a free beach bag, breakfast in the Italian restaurant (great service especially from Esther who's a fellow Canadian) and a drink every day.
In my platinum welcome letter, no mention of free drinks but they do mention:
complimentary breakfast
complimentary internet
complimentary fruit basket
complimentary beach bag
choice of Platinum amenity

Maybe the fruit basket is replacing the drink? Anyone go recently and get the drink offer?

High season, and since I used cash and points, I get the lowest tier room (deluxe garden).
Old Feb 18, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I've confirmed that the free drink amenity at the bar is no longer offered.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
I've confirmed that the free drink amenity at the bar is no longer offered.
suspect that all that champagne we dutifully drank every night of our stay seems to have made them change their policy.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
No portofino breakfast. Zoo choice at the two restaurants that are open

This is TOUR GROUP central. I was greeted by "present your passport and voucher to the fd". Guess people like me who book direct with spg are not the norm
Tired rooms with lots of need for renovation but it seems to be a money making machine for them. Loud music every night at expensive buffet dinners. Really not my style!
Definitely no free drinks for platinum
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:11 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I miss the Le Royal Meridien Phuket Yacht Club!!!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
No portofino breakfast. Zoo choice at the two restaurants that are open

This is TOUR GROUP central. I was greeted by "present your passport and voucher to the fd". Guess people like me who book direct with spg are not the norm
Tired rooms with lots of need for renovation but it seems to be a money making machine for them. Loud music every night at expensive buffet dinners. Really not my style!
Definitely no free drinks for platinum
I guess this was a breakfast downgrade? In February, breakfast at Portofino on my cash and points stay was great.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Yes definitely a downgrade this stay has erased all my good memories from the past and makes sure I will not stay again, though I'm sure they'll not miss me give the roaring business in tour groups.
Sigh I guess I should focus on how good it probably is for the stock value -hah

Seriously I gave up my boycott of Phuket (because of the taxi mafia in large part), but this just makes it easier to not return! Too many other places to enjoy where,imdont feel like a piece of cattle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.