Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Closed Jan 2022] Sheraton Roma (Rome) , Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Closed Jan 2022] Sheraton Roma (Rome) , Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
May be this is a local " local law "... but their normal rooms are very small so may be even true...

BTW: no more pizza in the evening in the lounge?

And is the main building renovation done, are the rooms also renovated now???

And for the rest: Same procedure as every time...
Yes there was pizza, but it was pretty lousy.
I don't think the renovations are done, but didn't see any evidence of any in progress either other than a sign in the elevator saying they are investing 10 million euro for it.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:21 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
Yes there was pizza, but it was pretty lousy.
I don't think the renovations are done, but didn't see any evidence of any in progress either other than a sign in the elevator saying they are investing 10 million euro for it.
Lousy like everytime and most the time cold...

When we stayed there the last time - roundabout one year ago - the lobby was nearly not existing. Only the bar - zone was " untouched ", the reception, the concierge and the bell captain were located on a small desk on the side of the bar and a bodyguard was needed ( not to be killed ) for checking in as a platinum because there were roundabout another 100 guest trying checking in at midnight.

What about the rooms? Espacially the the bathrooms, renovated or not?!
Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Has anyone used this hotel as a pre-cruise hotel (I see a lot of post-cruisers.)? Trying to figure out the best way to get to Port Civitavecchia without paying a fortune.

Mike
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by mikeef
Has anyone used this hotel as a pre-cruise hotel (I see a lot of post-cruisers.)? Trying to figure out the best way to get to Port Civitavecchia without paying a fortune.

Mike
I would say by train.

Hotel ---> Roma Termini by shuttle and taxi or shuttle and train

Roma Termini ---> Civitavecchia by train

http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/inde...0080a3e90aRCRD
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
I would say by train.

Hotel ---> Roma Termini by shuttle and taxi or shuttle and train

Roma Termini ---> Civitavecchia by train

http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/inde...0080a3e90aRCRD
Looks easy enough, thanks!

Mike
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
any updates regarding this property?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jammanxc
any updates regarding this property?
My wife and I are at the hotel this evening, on the tail end of a trip. We stayed at Hotel Eden - couldn't get c&p nights for the full week ... anyway, as for Roma, the people have been great, but don't let ANYONE, including google maps, fool you about the walk from the train station to the hotel. Don't do it, especially not at night and particularly not with luggage, and ESPECIALLY not with any family. It has dark and poorly paved/ narrow sidewalks on the street leading to the fwy underpass (parking lot) where you need to scramble past off ramp traffic to cross. If you're a single man traveling on your own, it wouldn't be too intimidating, but even then ... unless you're making the treck during the day, get a cab or shuttle.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:32 am

Is there a link for shuttle service schedule between FCO and Sheraton Roma? My flight arrives at 20:00.

Alternatively, how much is a taxi from the airport to the hotel?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigRedBears
Is there a link for shuttle service schedule between FCO and Sheraton Roma? My flight arrives at 20:00.

Alternatively, how much is a taxi from the airport to the hotel?
We're staying there Tuesday night (6/26) pre-cruise. Here's the info that the concierge sent me on that topic:

Transportation to/ from Fiumicino (Leonardo da Vinci) International Airport:

Hotel shuttle bus:
The Sheraton Roma operates a bus service to/from Fiumicino International Airport at the fee of € 5,00 per person each way will 30 min. depend on traffic as per the following timetable:

Departures from the Hotel to the Airport
07.00 - 08.30 - 10.00 - 13.30 - 15.15 - 16.45 - 18.15
Bus stops at Terminals T1, T2, T3 and T5

Departures from the Airport to the Hotel
07.45 - 09.15 - 10.45 - 14.15 - 16.00 - 17.30 – 19.00

The departure location is in “Polo Bus” area – a short walk from Terminal 3 Arrivals. After exiting arrivals terminal, please turn right and follow “Polo Bus” signs. Look for bus stop number 13.

For departures from the Airport, service is on a seat availability basis. For departures from the Hotel, a reservation ticket must be requested from the Bell Captain, we are not be able to reserve in advance.

Taxi:
The average fare for a taxi ride from Fiumicino Airport to the hotel is € 30,00/35,00. After having exited the arrival hall at Fiumicino, you will find the taxi stands.
You may be approached by illegal taxi drivers at the airport. If you need a taxi, please look for the official white taxis that have a license identification number on the door and show a taxi meter.

Private pick up at 75.00 euro for two persons. Waiting time after the first 45 minutes: 25.00 euro every 30 min delay.
Night service extra charge, from 08.00 pm to 07.00 am: 20%.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:36 am

Thanks for the schedule!
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

We stayed at this hotel last year and had a late arrival into FCO. Used these guys on the recommendation here and the driver was courteous and prompt. Total cost was 45 euros, then.

http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/
Old Sep 8, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
We stayed at the Sheraton Roma post cruise.

From train station "Roma Termini" we took the metro (line B, blue, direction towards "Laurentia") and arrived at "EUR Magliana" after 8 stops. Then we took bus 771 (I think 31 and 780 are possible too). It's one bus stop only to the hotel, but you have to use the bus stop across the street from the metro station for the correct direction. Bus then stops right in front of the hotel.

I can confirm that it's absolutely not recommended to walk from the metro station with luggage, especially if you don't know the way. We walked from the hotel to the metro station during the day and it's ok if you're careful with the cars/traffic along the road (the hotel hands you a map too).

Good experience with breakfast buffet downstairs (was included in rate) and with the lounge (with terrace), where you also check in and out as a platinum. Very friendly and helpful staff at the lounge. Room was a bit dated, but no major complaint here. Convenient shuttle bus services to the airport and to the city.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by slippahs
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

We stayed at this hotel last year and had a late arrival into FCO. Used these guys on the recommendation here and the driver was courteous and prompt. Total cost was 45 euros, then.

http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/

Seconded. If you're going to Rome and paying for a cruise, is 45 Euro gonna break the bank for a total civil experience versus buses/subway/trains?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:37 am

Any good restaurant recommendations near the hotel?

There are 6 of us arriving FCO Sat. evening at 7:30p, so after the last shuttle. Are there any public transit options from FCO to the hotel that will work? We have minimal luggage and enjoy adventure.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:40 am
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by the-ca-goat
Any good restaurant recommendations near the hotel?

There are 6 of us arriving FCO Sat. evening at 7:30p, so after the last shuttle. Are there any public transit options from FCO to the hotel that will work? We have minimal luggage and enjoy adventure.
Hi. Regarding getting from FCO to the Sheraton with public transit - I haven't read this thread but I'm assuming this info is already posted above - but I'll share what I see when looking at the map.

You could take the FR1 from FCO to the Villa Bonelli stop and there you'd be 3 km from the hotel, or a 4 min ride. At least according to google maps. I haven't looked at the bus map yet to see if there's a bus route between that stop and the hotel.

And if you're unfamiliar with FCO, and Italian trains, there's no better resource than our own RinR. See these 3 articles below, and from them you'll see additional links with ever more useful information:

Arriving in Rome – Fiumicino (FCO)!
The Train Station at the Rome Airport (FCO)
The FR1 Metropolitan Train To and From the Fiumicino (FCO)

And here's the Train/Metro Map from ATAC (it's a PDF)

In terms of finding a good restaurant I've tweeted to two of the top Rome "foodies", Katie Parla and "Tavole Romane" and I'm waiting to hear back.

In the meantime check out this post from our Italy forum where you'll find links to their blogs, and Katie has a terrific app as well:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/italy...-eat-rome.html

I already received preliminary replies from both of them, Katie asking if the hotel was near the B metro - which it is, and "Tavole Romane" asking if you'd be willing to take a short cab ride - and I said yes, if it meant a good meal...

Last edited by sk3; Oct 12, 2012 at 11:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.