Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Hat tip to TerryK for letting us know exec lounge open. "It is open. Not so impressive lounge with standard continental breakfast. Evening spread is wine and cheese only."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Etoile, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2023, 7:48 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Originally Posted by redpalmetto
Had a weekend stay here over the past few days. I was upgraded to an 8th floor club room as a Titanium. Room was fine - albeit quite small - but par for the Parisian course! Rather uncomfortable chair and small desk. Room had shower over bath and separate toilet room (which was tiny). Exec lounge open over the weekend, usual drinks selection and "cheese and wine moment" from 6-8pm. Have to say although the ;lounge itself and space was good, the nibbles were nothing special - and no hot options evening or at breakfast.
I took breakfast (which I opted for as my check in privilege) as a buffet in the main restaurant and it was good. Excellent selection of hot and cold options.
Outside, the Tramway (T3) extension work is ongoing and various other works at Porte Maillot so driving is tricky, but easy access from the nearby Line 1 metro station. (use the exit to the rear of the train if coming from Charles De Gaulle-Etoile side). There are also plenty of local restaurants and bistros as an alternative to the somewhat pricy hotel restaurant.

Thanks for the review, we have a stay coming up at the end of next month. Our expectations are not great, but the rate was in right range use some FNA certs and a few points. We will be coming in from Amsterdam and headed for London next. Our stays there will be better. I am Titanium as well, did you communicate with the hotel in advance about the club upgrade?
Old Mar 29, 2023, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
No pre-communications - just had my number in the booking as normal and was recognised as such
Old May 4, 2023, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by redpalmetto
No pre-communications - just had my number in the booking as normal and was recognised as such
We just returned from our trip. We were actually pleased with the hotel, our expectations were low based on reviews. Nothing about the stay was exceptional but certainly adequate, they said our room on the 7th floor was an upgrade and of course we had lounge access, your description was accurate and the restaurant was good. It is a busy hotel but the staff was friendly and reasonably helpful. The construction outside didn't help but that is not the fault of the hotel.
By Paris standards the hotel was good value and served our purposes.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 3:34 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
any recent experience here? how is this hotel with suite upgrades? also, does anyone know if they have the Malin and Goetz products?
Old Jun 23, 2023, 9:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I’m heading here soon too. Is the hotel really that bad (based on the reviews)? For 150 euros a night (on a BRG) in August, it’ll take a lot to be a disaster.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 12:59 pm

We stayed there for three nights earlier in the year and it was fine. Fairly standard hotel room, I think we technically had an upgrade to the executive lounge floor as platinum but like most places, was the same room. Location was decent for the price especially when I saw what the rest of the hotels were charging. Quite close to the Metro line which was very regular and maybe 20mins journey to centre of Paris.

It's quite a large hotel so breakfast was decent but very busy and trouble getting a table at times. We picked this as our welcome benefit. The lounge was nicer and quiet but a much smaller spread for breakfast, nice for some snacks and soft drinks when we got back from a day out.

So we were happy with it, nothing amazing to write home about but a decent hotel. Depends on your expectations I suppose. I've not stayed at any of the other hotels in Paris so no comparison available.
yorkboy24 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I’m heading here soon too. Is the hotel really that bad (based on the reviews)? For 150 euros a night (on a BRG) in August, it’ll take a lot to be a disaster.
It will be fine.There are few local restaurants a 5 minute walk away. The neighborhood is a little chaotic or it was a few weeks ago due to construction. Room was standard, there is a small deck outside the fitness center on the 8th floor IIRC where you could see the Eiffel Tower and the club lounge on the first floor was pleasant and had some good selections. We had a good experience in the restaurant and the hotel staff in general were helpful and polite. The elite check-in is at the far end of the front desk. If you need to call for Uber you might consider walking to the end of the block to left as your exit the front door, if the construction is still in progress. A couple of the ones we used had trouble navigating their way in. Also the concierge was efficient with some basic requests.

Not sure what all the fuss is about, while it was not our best hotel experience it was far from the worst. Post your thoughts, I will be anxious to read your review.
yorkboy24 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 6:39 am

I had a European vacation planned and on the Paris leg, ultimately selected the LeMeridian Etoile after seeing insane room prices throughout the popular areas of Paris. I'm a family of 4 so that made it a little more pricey. Paid 180k points for a 6 night stay (30k avg/night) x 2 connecting rooms = 360k total. Cash rates for this mid June 2023 booking was nearing 1,000 euro per night.

Took a taxi from Orly to LeMeridian through the insane Parisian traffic. We eventually got to the hotel, and our driver navigated the active construction zone in between the Hyatt and this LeMeridian. It's a hot mess around the area. Large buses were blocking the single through lane because they're not allowed into the turn in for the hotel due to size restrictions. Cars and taxis were queued on the sidewalks. Arrived at 10am and talked to the front desk. Glad I did as I needed a connecting family room for the length of my stay. It took about 15 minutes for the gent to make some changes, but eventually he was able to find us two room on the top floor.

NEGATIVES
-It's very spendy. At least when I was there. But was pretty much on par with other hotels/flats within the city on my dates.
-It's a madhouse in the front. Traffic patterns and construction. But really didn't affect us except for arrival.
-No real store in the lobby for quick snacks/drinks. There is a smally coffee desk though (see positive)
-Slow elevators. 2 of the 5 elevators were out of service. Created long queues. We were on top floor, and a few times, we actually stopped on every single floor going down.
-Bar prices are crazy. Paid 22 euro for a shot of Jameson. Dang.
-Housekeeper employees hate their jobs. I tried speaking to them, but they walk away mid sentence. I ask for fresh towels (in lieu of them cleaning my room) and I had my eyes rolled at me and some choice French words I'm sure were coming out their mouth.

POSITIVES
-LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Technically in the 17th arrondissement, it straddles the 8th which includes the Arc and Champs. Like a 1 minute walk to RER and Metro (direct lines to Eiffel Tower and Champs/Louvre).
-Good restaurants around, a couple small grocery stores (and a big one in the dead shopping center across the street). McDonalds too if you need something quick late and familiar. Dont hate, we ate breakfast sandwiches there a bunch of times after eating too many pastries for breaky.
-In general, except housekeeping, great and friendly employees (esp front desk and porters). Most speak very good English.
-Good breakfast buffet. $28 but I wasn't charged for some reason.
-Decent sized rooms for European standards. Good A/C.
-Really good Illy coffee desk in the lobby. Friendly baristas. Had a cappuccino every morning while i was there
-Love this one----Brita cold water dispensers throughout. And one near my rooms. So awesome. Every dang hotel should have this.
-Quick walk to The French .......s (some of the best croissants and pastries I've ever had)

Yes, I would definitely stay here again when in Paris.
frmnj and yorkboy24 like this.

Last edited by Krispy22; Jun 29, 2023 at 6:41 am Reason: added positives
Old Jan 8, 2024, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is construction work still ongoing outside?
Are the Malin+Goetz toiletries in wall-mounted bottles now or in individual bottles?
Old Jan 8, 2024, 5:04 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are the Malin+Goetz toiletries in wall-mounted bottles now or in individual bottles?
I stayed a few months ago. They are wall mounted. Construction was going on in July but I can't speak for right now.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I live very close and yes, construction is still ongoing. It is mainly tied to the T3b line extension, but for the most part, the heavy construction has been completed.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 3:38 pm

will be staying here during the olympics - curious to hear any updates on the construction? will this be a good spot for getting around?
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by taylor13
will be staying here during the olympics - curious to hear any updates on the construction? will this be a good spot for getting around?
It's a convenient location, with a metro stop not far and extremely convenient to the Peripherique. How that all plays during the Olympics I have no idea.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by taylor13
Will be here in April so can give an update after that time.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Le Méridien or HR Etoile?

Please help me choose. My SNA just went though for a Junior Suite at LM. I also have a Regency Suite booked on points at Hyatt Regency Etoile. the Regency Suite is apparently two connecting rooms.
Anyone stay at both and have a strong preference?
I am traveling with my husband and two small kids so I need a room that can accommodate all 4 of us.
Thanks for any feedback!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.