Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card [2017 and earlier]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
What are the current offers?
Is there a business version of this card?
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See concurrent discussion in the wikis at
Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016) and
Chase Free Night Certificate
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card [2017 and earlier]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Chase will not approve a card if you have opened 5 card accounts in the past 24 months.
5 chase cards or 5 in general?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by danhunterpost
5 chase cards or 5 in general?
Total.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
For a primer on 5/24 and dozens of other questions about Chase credit card policy please see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...17-onward.html, particularly the wiki at the top of that discussion.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I'm not sure if this list is accurate, but this card is one of the few that reimburses trip delays: https://thepointsguy.com/2016/10/car...reimbursement/

So for this reason and because I am always able to get more than the $85 value out of the free night I keep the card, even though its primarily sock drawered. Because I fly a lot of discount airlines that if there are delays, they are often very long...
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:43 pm

I assume you actually have to use the card to get that benefit? We use CSR to get 3x points on flights and it has pretty robust insurance.

I think I'm going to cancel. My SO and I both have IHG now, so we get the 2 more flexible nights via that card.

Originally Posted by pitflyer
I'm not sure if this list is accurate, but this card is one of the few that reimburses trip delays: https://thepointsguy.com/2016/10/car...reimbursement/

So for this reason and because I am always able to get more than the $85 value out of the free night I keep the card, even though its primarily sock drawered. Because I fly a lot of discount airlines that if there are delays, they are often very long...
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:27 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by charlesonmission
I assume you actually have to use the card to get that benefit? We use CSR to get 3x points on flights and it has pretty robust insurance.

I think I'm going to cancel. My SO and I both have IHG now, so we get the 2 more flexible nights via that card.
If you are shooting for LT Marriott status don't forget that you get 1 EQN for every $3000.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Originally Posted by charlesonmission

Yes, you have to book the trip using the card to get coverage. Since you have a CSR card it's not a bonus for you, but for me its my only card with this coverage.

I think the IHG card is a good card, I might get that too when it comes with the 100k bonus points in its program (occasional signup) and a free night every year for $49.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:02 am

IHG is currently offering 80K, some people have had success matching to 100K, but YMMV.

Originally Posted by pitflyer
Yes, you have to book the trip using the card to get coverage. Since you have a CSR card it's not a bonus for you, but for me its my only card with this coverage.

I think the IHG card is a good card, I might get that too when it comes with the 100k bonus points in its program (occasional signup) and a free night every year for $49.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.