Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card [2017 and earlier]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
What are the current offers?
Is there a business version of this card?
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See concurrent discussion in the wikis at
Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016) and
Chase Free Night Certificate
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card [2017 and earlier]

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2012, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Cumulative means cumlative , not yearly, so if you had over $3k over the past 6-months and the 6-8 week period following this cumulative total has passed and have not received your night credits I'd call Visa and ask why not........

Receive 1 night credit towards Elite Status
You will earn 1 Elite night credit for each $3,000 in net purchases. There is no limit to the number of Elite nights that you can earn. Please allow 6-8 weeks for Elite nights to be credited to your Marriott Rewards account from the last day of each calendar month you qualify.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...dit-cards.aspx

Originally Posted by shellboy
I have spent over $3000 since Dec. 2011, but no elite night logged. Does it have to be within a calendar year?
Old May 27, 2012, 4:35 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by DragonMartini
I seem to get my elite night credit about three weeks after the relevant statement closes. It seems odd that the points and stay credit don't appear at the same time.
Elite night credits for every $3000 in purchases show up on or about the 10th of the month based on the previous month's purchases. It is NOT based on charges accrued during your billing period.

My guess is your account closes on or about the 19th of the month.
Old May 27, 2012, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by shellboy
I have spent over $3000 since Dec. 2011, but no elite night logged. Does it have to be within a calendar year?
No. I've received a night for $3K spend over the turn of a year (most of the spend late in year 1, finished the $3K early in year 2, bonus night posted about a month later in year 2).
Old May 27, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by HSVGuy
I have a "regular" Marriott Visa. Called Chase yesterday to upgrade to "premier". I was told there were no bonus points, no waiver of annual fee, no sign up certificate. Nothing!! Is this true? Has anyone else had any luck with a bonus for upgrading?
Don't think I saw an reply to this yet. From what I understand the two cards are "different" and you should be able to get a sign up bonus. Others can confirm here if anything. What I suggest doing is instead of "upgrading", just sign up for Premier and once that's approved, cancel this standard one. I recall other similar posts where this "upgrade" method will not give you any signup bonus points.
Old May 28, 2012, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
[SIZE="2"]Please allow 6-8 weeks for Elite nights to be credited to your Marriott Rewards account from the last day of each calendar month you qualify.
This got me thinking. I wonder if the posts that occur on or about the 10th of each month are actually for two months prior. I will find out in the next couple weeks as I am charging close to 40K this month on my MRPV which is highly unusual for me, so I will check when the 13 nights post and confirm the lag period.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 5:40 am

OK, the 12 nights I earned as a result of last month's (May) spend posted last night. So as best I can tell the postings that occur on the 10th to the 12th of each month are for the previous calendar month's spend.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: Several
I'm sure this has been answered, however I cannot find it.

Do the elite nights from the card given every year count towards lifetime status?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Yes.

Bruce
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Yes.

Bruce
Thank you
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:59 pm

Can anyone guesstimate when I'll receive my annual cat 1-5 certificate?

I received the initial cat 1-4 on October 26, need a cat 5 for a stay in early November. It's booked, just waiting to get the certificate.

BTW, thanks for the instructions to make a dummy booking to tie up points. This forum has taught me so much!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 5:40 pm
Suspended

from my experience over last 5-yrs+ with this card your annual should post same month as your initial so IMO expect it in October as well

Originally Posted by Geesherry
Can anyone guesstimate when I'll receive my annual cat 1-5 certificate? I received the initial cat 1-4 on October 26, need a cat 5 for a stay in early November.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 5:46 pm

Sorry I have question since I only have the card for less than a year, so not sure if this has been answered before.

If you already have 75 nights for the current year, will the extra 15 nights from the credit card be rolling nights that goes to next year?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:12 pm

5000 MRP offer for adding an AU

My wife received an offer in June for 5000 Marriott Reward points for adding an authorized user. Does anyone know how long these usually take to post? She added me as an AU on June 3rd and a statement has closed since but no mention of the points on the statement or in her MR account. The offer says it can take 6 - 8 weeks for them to post, but past experience has told me that this tends to be something to cover themselves and they tend to post much faster. Anyone have any experience with bonus points for adding an authorized user.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:34 pm
Suspended

assuming that you're intending on applying for the card within this calender year, and get approved this year, then yes, all nights over 75 (giving you plat status) will roll over into nights for 2013 (but will not be carried forward into 2014)

Originally Posted by tsukidayo
Sorry I have question since I only have the card for less than a year, so not sure if this has been answered before.

If you already have 75 nights for the current year, will the extra 15 nights from the credit card be rolling nights that goes to next year?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dioxide45
My wife received an offer in June for 5000 Marriott Reward points for adding an authorized user. Does anyone know how long these usually take to post? She added me as an AU on June 3rd and a statement has closed since but no mention of the points on the statement or in her MR account. The offer says it can take 6 - 8 weeks for them to post, but past experience has told me that this tends to be something to cover themselves and they tend to post much faster. Anyone have any experience with bonus points for adding an authorized user.
I usually give them their min. time specified (6 weeks in this case) and then bring it up with them to followup on what's going on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.