Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Richmond, VA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Richmond, VA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
This might be useful.

Arne Sorenson, CEO [email protected]
David Flueck, senior vice president of loyalty [email protected]
Justin Biermann, director of loyalty product strategy [email protected]
Guest Experience Supervisor Escalation guestexperiencesupervisor.escalation...tt-service.com

I was just going to suggest this. Carpet bomb email. Has worked for me with Marriott before and in a particularly frustrating Comcast situation (naturally I emailed Comcast execs in that case-not Marriott). Please let us know what happens!
jwlowry and margarita girl like this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Based on your description, the response you received from The Lurkers is disappointing. From my direct experience and what I have observed of other peoples experiences on FT, they have in the past always been very helpful. E.g. they have been the last vestige of what had previously been universally good customer service by Marriott. If that is no longer the case, that is a very significant concern. Another vote to escalate to Marriott Executive Office directly now.

--Jon
dcstudent likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 2:54 pm

Location: Michigan's West Coast and wherever my clients need me
Programs: Delta Diamond (2+M MQMs), Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Thank you for the executive emails. I will make excellent use of them. Cheers!!
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by jwlowry; Jan 22, 2020 at 2:58 pm Reason: Format issue
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
thank you!!
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:03 pm

Email carpet bombing has commenced. I will update with damage assessment once it is available.
Tanic and margarita girl like this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:04 am

Welp. Something happened, that's for sure. I went down to the lobby for a fruit cup and coffee from Starbucks prior to my workout and noticed that a lounge/buffet restaurant had been set up in a meeting room on the main floor. The general manager and his assistant were greeting guests as if nothing had been amiss. This was the first I knew of this rather welcome change. I soon found out that the staff began handing out vouchers to elite members as folks were checking in the day before, so this change was likely not a result of my carpet bombing campaign. However, it is apparent that no one made an attempt to inform those of us who were already checked in (neither my colleague nor I received any communication). My guess is that something happened yesterday via the normal communication channel from the folks at the Marriott mother ship initiated by my initial complaint. However, I am very disappointed that those of us who were already here, and indeed who guided the property management's hand in this via Marriott, were kept in the dark. Also, there was still a major failure from the beginning and that has not been addressed at all. I will update again if anything more happens, but it would appear as though the property management has gotten away with ignoring the terms and conditions of the Bonvoy program and metaphorically spitting in my face and the faces of other loyal customers, all while charging full price but providing almost no service for the money.

In the words of my kids' generation, "Zero out of five stars. Do not recommend. Does not slap."
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:53 am

I indeedily do have an update, and it ain't good. Moments after writing my last update, which was composed from my room at the Richmond Marriott, I decided to freshen up before heading to lunch. No water in the bathroom. At all. It turns out that water service was turned off in rooms 1-9 on each of the hotel's 18 floors beginning at 11:00am and was expected to be back on in 30 minutes time. I am now given to understand that water service was restored about half past noon. The kicker? No communication to ANY guest by hotel management or staff. I guess they just figured no one would notice.

This has gone from a comedy of errors to a tragedy of ineptitude.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by jwlowry
I indeedily do have an update, and it ain't good. Moments after writing my last update, which was composed from my room at the Richmond Marriott, I decided to freshen up before heading to lunch. No water in the bathroom. At all. It turns out that water service was turned off in rooms 1-9 on each of the hotel's 18 floors beginning at 11:00am and was expected to be back on in 30 minutes time. I am now given to understand that water service was restored about half past noon. The kicker? No communication to ANY guest by hotel management or staff. I guess they just figured no one would notice.

This has gone from a comedy of errors to a tragedy of ineptitude.
You really want it all don't you?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist

Just received this and will be taking advantage. I only need 1 more year for Lifetime Platinum.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
You really want it all don't you?
Is that so wroooong?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:03 pm

Is that so wroooong?
I get it that you were upset they didn't warn about construction and no food service. But show we where they posted running water as an amenity.
jwlowry likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:29 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I get it that you were upset they didn't warn about construction and no food service. But show we where they posted running water as an amenity.
Or breathable air We can't take anything for granted. It must all be explicitly stated.... Sad that is where we're heading too....

--Jon
jwlowry likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:25 am

Heard not another word from anyone at the hotel. Here is my last ‘carpet bomb’ email:

I have checked out of the Richmond Marriott. No one from the management team ever contacted me, I was never given the proper breakfast vouchers, and was only allowed access to the makeshift ‘restaurant’ that was set up in a meeting room as a guest of a colleague who likewise stayed at the property.

To summarize:
The ongoing renovations at the Richmond Marriott and resulting restrictions in service were never disclosed to me until I arrived at the property. I was never offered or given the amenities required under the Guaranteed Lounge Access section of the Bonvoy terms and conditions. I spoke with multiple layers of management up to and including the general manager, who refused me the required amenities (lounge access or breakfast for me and a guest for each night of my stay), instead only giving me Starbucks vouchers for one person for three of my four nights. I requested the $100 in cash compensation due me according to the same terms and conditions and this was likewise refused, also by the general manager, who was unaware of the policy. During my stay, water to my room was cut off as part of a planned outage event owing to the renovations, but no guests were informed in advance of the planned water outage. After complaining about the water outage, which occurred at 11:00am on 23-Jan-2020, I was told that my room charges for that day would be waived. Upon receiving my folio at checkout, the entire amount for the stay was charged to my credit card.

I strongly request that I receive immediately as compensation the $100 due me for the missed Guaranteed Lounge Access amenity, the rate, taxes, and fees for 23-Jan-2020, as well as additional points for the extreme aggravation, frustration, anger, and time that I have spent attempting to receive the minimal services that any reasonable person should expect and be entitled to in these circumstances. To expedite the refund and missed amenity compensation, credit my card on file as part of my Bonvoy profile.

I eagerly await your immediately confirmation of acceptance of my request.

Thank you!”
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:53 am

Upon receiving my folio at checkout, the entire amount for the stay was charged to my credit card.
I hope you got this fixed before you left the property. Personally, I would have been gone at the suggestion "I would be more comfortable at another hotel", location of hotel in relation to my workplace be damned.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BigJC
I hope you got this fixed before you left the property. Personally, I would have been gone at the suggestion "I would be more comfortable at another hotel", location of hotel in relation to my workplace be damned.
That's what I would have done as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.