Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:09 pm
Company Representative - Four Points by Sheraton LAX

Originally Posted by gizmodell
Stayed at four points lax last weekend, priority line for SPG gold and plat ignored... Seems one would be better served in regular line. I have another stay this weekend at the hotel, I will use the regular line to check in. Also, early check-in was not available last Friday around 1:00 PM.
I forgot to address the early check-in time. It is always variable based on how many rooms were occupied the night before. Mondays and Tuesdays are probably the best bet for getting in early. You should also consider the 24 Hour Check-In Check-Out option - tell us when you're coming and we will have a room ready for you and you can keep it 24 hours. Best, Phil
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
I stayed at this property for one night last week. I was perfectly happy with my experience. The location made it easy for me to drop my car off at the rental car company and walk (less than a mile) to the hotel. Check-in was no problem in the “regular” line. Both the regular and the Gold/Plat lines were open.

I was given a room in the West Tower (as requested) that faced Budget/LAX. The room was a corner room on the fifth floor. Based on the door map I’d say this is one of the larger regular rooms (I have no idea whether or not there are multiple-room units available in the hotel). The bathroom was clean well stocked with towels and toiletries. There was plenty of room for hanging clothes and for storing folded clothes. The coffee maker and refrigerator both worked well. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows.

I took a walk over to the Center Tower, but never made it to the East Tower. It was interesting to note that the Center Tower must have opened to the outside at one time as the rooms appeared to have large windows looking out into the hallway (much like an Embassy Suites has when it looks out to the courtyard).

My rate included a $25 food credit so I ate at Brewsters (one of the two restaurants on site). I had a burger and fries. I enjoyed them both. I would like to have tried breakfast at their other restaurant, but my flight left too early to allow for that.

The airport shuttle was an easy way to get to the airport. If it is shared with the other Starwood properties in the area then it is the last stop on the loop as we made no stops on the way to the airport.

A note to the hotel staff: The Pepsi machine on the fifth floor between the West and Center Towers dispenses the bottles, but they are not refrigerated.

I would absolutely stay at this property again. I didn’t have a chance to hang out in the lobby, but it looked like a comfortable place to relax. I also did not make it out to the pool area. Hopefully next time I’ll have more time.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PhilFPLAXGM
It's been an area of focus. We are working on building new habits with FD staff.

Thanks!!!

Phil
Thank you, Phil.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Ok I'm back to the office and finally able to report on my stay last week

I arrived at LAX and went to the hotel pick up and after ten minutes no 4Pt shuttle and at that time, I was taking next available out of Renaissance/Marriott, ES North, or Budget.. two minutes later the Renaissance/Marriott showed up and I took that to the Ren and walked a 100' to the 4Pts

Check in line (regular) had what I estimated four check in's (maybe 9 people or so but you can tell who is together usually) so I went to the empty elite line

IIRC, there were two FDC's working. The one closest to me finished first and I waited to see who he would call rather than just walk up to the FDC. Upon completion of the guest he was working when I got in the elite line, the next guest in the regular line bolts to the FDC looking at me. I waited intentionaly so I wasn't perturbed. I was just waiting to see if he would call me over instead. He did not. (Footnote - At the Gateway the night before, same situation but the FDC did indeed say excuse me, I need to check him *me* in first)

Upon completion of that guest I bolted this time to the dirty look of the next in line (reg line) and was checked in. Another footnote - No idea what the issue was with the other FDC and guest but it was another one of those problem check ins -

I was given a room in the West tower & a b/f coupon that I wasn't going to be able to use - my flight the next day was early and I had to leave before the b/f place opened at 6AM. A regular room, nothing special (not one of those jr suite type rooms I normally get) but no complaint as I was alone and had an early flight. Wifi was fine but its weird, I pick up about four different properties wifi at the 4P including that super 8 down Airport blvd which is quite a ways a way in wifi distance. Thank you Phil for the cookies and strawberries. Those Oatmeal Raisin cookies are the balls ^ I love them.

I just left in the a.m. without checking out. It was fairly quick shuttle in the a.m., just good timing I guess but it was pretty full.

Overall an avg stay. nothing great, but no bad moments either. An avg room for a good price. It was a starpicks rate.

oh yeah, points posted accurately and timely which is always nice
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:59 am
Suspended

So, if I can recap, sounds like a decent stay...other than an uncomfortable front desk experience.

(And, I am sure you know this, but I believe the breakfast coupon can be used for some credit at other mealtimes, no?)
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
So, if I can recap, sounds like a decent stay...other than an uncomfortable front desk experience.

(And, I am sure you know this, but I believe the breakfast coupon can be used for some credit at other mealtimes, no?)
yeah, it was decent/ok/avg.. nothing special but nothing bad either.. yes of course I will frequent this place again even if for the fact that Phil takes the time to listen to us, that in itself is worth it

as for the B/F coupon, I could not recall if I could use it in the bar when they gave it to me. OTOH, it did not matter, I was spent, wanted to get to my room do a quick email check and crash. I wasn't in the mood for the bar anyway.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
yeah, it was decent/ok/avg.. nothing special but nothing bad either..
I think that is the premise behind Four Points. When I stay at Four Points, I want a good bed, a good shower and something I can count on/dependable/consistency, etc. This property would squarely fall into that category, particularly the last room I received. I am not looking for a St. Regis (nor would I be willing to pay for it if I was staying at a Four Points in the first place). (I also love having a decent sized refrigerator.)

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
as for the B/F coupon, I could not recall if I could use it in the bar when they gave it to me.
For future reference, I think the coupon even says the other meals (Lunch, Dinner) in addition to breakfast.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Phil, Does your hotel participate in make a green choice program?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Phil, Does your hotel participate in make a green choice program?
Not at the moment for two reasons. We have to work in the context of the CBA. And, our urgency to do it is mitigated somewhat by our short length of stay. We have added energy efficient bulbs and low flow toilets throughout in the last few months. Best, Phil
Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:45 pm

24 Hour Check-In/Check Out

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/02/bu...ted=all&src=pm

We've been offering 24 Hour Check-In/Check-Out service to all guests since 2002. Today Starwood announced that the program will be incorporated into the Starwood Preferred Guest Program. First Best Brews now 24HCICO... Time for us to come up with the next great idea!

In the meantime 24HCICO is open for business, just let us know when you are coming more than 48 hours before you check-in, we'll have a room ready for you and you can keep it for 24 hours.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/02/bu...ted=all&src=pm

We've been offering 24 Hour Check-In/Check-Out service to all guests since 2002. Today Starwood announced that the program will be incorporated into the Starwood Preferred Guest Program. First Best Brews now 24HCICO... Time for us to come up with the next great idea!

In the meantime 24HCICO is open for business, just let us know when you are coming more than 48 hours before you check-in, we'll have a room ready for you and you can keep it for 24 hours.
I thoguht that was one of the big innovations of today's announcements. Hopefully it won't be a logistic nightmare. I guess if a busy airport location can do this, it should be easier for other properties....

Does 24HCICO at your property apply to award stays?

Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by username
I thoguht that was one of the big innovations of today's announcements. Hopefully it won't be a logistic nightmare. I guess if a busy airport location can do this, it should be easier for other properties....

Does 24HCICO at your property apply to award stays?

Thanks.
As a rule it doesn't apply to Award Stays, but I make exceptions for my FT Buddies. Just PM me. Thanks! Phil
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a rule it doesn't apply to Award Stays, but I make exceptions for my FT Buddies. Just PM me. Thanks! Phil
Thanks Phil. I just saw it at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17841255-post252.html.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by gizmodell
priority line for SPG gold and plat ignored
Well this is still going on, Last night after a long drive from San Deigo my keys wouldn't work, so I went all the way back and waited in the Gold & Plat line. I was ignored by the FD agent even though she looked at me prior to helping the guest in the regular line (there were two agents at that time). Waited for a while until another agent showed up on the Gold and Plat desk and fixed the situation and that was it. When I returned to the elevator I saw another guest coming down with the keys in hand so I thought this might be an issue for some guests. When this happened to be at the Sheraton Pasadena I was offered straight away 1K points for the inconveince.

Plus when I checked in yesterday it took almost 20 minutes to finish checking in with what it seems to me a new FD agent but I was more than happy to be patient while he checks everything (He was very friendly). I had a little bit of issues during checking in. I hate coming to the front desk every now and then to fix things up so I just wanted to fix it at that time.

I'm halfway through my stay and other than that it's still a plesent stay and hoping my keys will work tonight.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Well this is still going on, Last night after a long drive from San Deigo my keys wouldn't work, so I went all the way back and waited in the Gold & Plat line. I was ignored by the FD agent even though she looked at me prior to helping the guest in the regular line (there were two agents at that time). Waited for a while until another agent showed up on the Gold and Plat desk and fixed the situation and that was it. When I returned to the elevator I saw another guest coming down with the keys in hand so I thought this might be an issue for some guests. When this happened to be at the Sheraton Pasadena I was offered straight away 1K points for the inconveince.

Plus when I checked in yesterday it took almost 20 minutes to finish checking in with what it seems to me a new FD agent but I was more than happy to be patient while he checks everything (He was very friendly). I had a little bit of issues during checking in. I hate coming to the front desk every now and then to fix things up so I just wanted to fix it at that time.

I'm halfway through my stay and other than that it's still a plesent stay and hoping my keys will work tonight.
Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for the wait and the keys. I know it is frustrating. The key system interfaces with our property management system so the key not working is a physical issue with the key. We could have some bad key blanks or the key was placed next to a cell phone. We'll continue to work on expediting the Elite line. I foprwarded your comments around already. Your business is super important to us and I love the feedback. Please feel free to call down and ask for me. before you leave. I'm around all day. Best, Phil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.