Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by WestLA-FF
Darn - and I thought my 74.15 a.i. Starpicks rate from a few weeks ago was rock bottom for stay and FWN credits. Might book 3 more just for another free night at St. Regis Monarch Breach and that much closer to PLT....
Originally Posted by schley
I'm sure you aren't alone in that thinking.
going to jakarta next month....found rates as low as $57.85 for the sheraton media hotel & towers....

i stayed at the 4 points lax for $68 last summer & thought that was the cheapest room i could get at a spg property....guess i was wrong....

anyone looking to do matteress runs around jakarta can rack up quite a few free weekend nights....
Old May 3, 2010, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
just stayed there three nights. got a suite upgrade with the view of budget car rental and the aformentioned many and weird closets, a lovely plate of cookies and grapes upon my arrival (chocolate chip cookies awesome, acceptable oatmeal/raisin cookie and sour grapes) and a rate of $65 or so (after doing the math on third night free). a perfectly fine stay, and a really nice workout room! it's la, after all, so not just the bar got renovated!

i'd stay again.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by karenkay
just stayed there three nights. got a suite upgrade with the view of budget car rental and the aformentioned many and weird closets, a lovely plate of cookies and grapes upon my arrival (chocolate chip cookies awesome, acceptable oatmeal/raisin cookie and sour grapes) and a rate of $65 or so (after doing the math on third night free). a perfectly fine stay, and a really nice workout room! it's la, after all, so not just the bar got renovated!

i'd stay again.
Your experience mirrors mine. Not a spa, resort or even a "get-away." Just a clean place to sleep at a reasonable price that earns SPG points and stay credits.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
Your experience mirrors mine. Not a spa, resort or even a "get-away." Just a clean place to sleep at a reasonable price that earns SPG points and stay credits.
and cookies. ^
Old May 4, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by karenkay
and cookies. ^
You can get a cheese plate instead of the cookies
Old May 8, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Pleasantly Surprised

Stayed here for 1 night before catching an early morning flight out of LAX. Was tempted by the low rate and also had a partial BRG claim success (I submitted a correct claim; rep did a poor job of checking; was finally given 1000 pts as a goodwill gesture - didnt feel like pushing further). Hotel was sold out for the night - no upgrades but had the plate of cookies and (sour) grapes in the room.

The room and the bed were both quite fine and the hotel itself is in fairly decent shape...fine for a short stay. Certainly no dump.
Old May 8, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
Does this place have any upgrade rooms? I have several matress stays here in the next few weeks, for FWN and PLT credits, and wondering if I should actually spend the night.
Old May 8, 2010, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Does this place have any upgrade rooms? I have several matress stays here in the next few weeks, for FWN and PLT credits, and wondering if I should actually spend the night.
had 4 stays here last year....each time i was upgraded to a junior suite....
Old May 9, 2010, 12:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Wondering if I should actually spend the night.
Unless you live inland and want to go to the beach, of if you want to try their good selection of beers downstairs without having to drive home, I probably wouldn't bother staying. There are junior suites which are nice but basically just big rooms with a couch, refrigerator and small dining table. In addition, parking is not cheap and it isn't always easy to find street parking near there.
Old May 9, 2010, 5:43 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by DesertRat
Unless you live inland and want to go to the beach, of if you want to try their good selection of beers downstairs without having to drive home, I probably wouldn't bother staying. There are junior suites which are nice but basically just big rooms with a couch, refrigerator and small dining table. In addition, parking is not cheap and it isn't always easy to find street parking near there.
+1

I live in the Inland Empire, so were I doing a MR staying would make sense to me. However, most any home bedroom is going to be more comfortable. The rooms are really nothing special in that regard.
Old May 9, 2010, 6:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by DesertRat
I would say that this is pretty much spot on

Its a good Mattress run place and I would only stay here if its less than the gateway LAX which gives those same large open rooms but in much better shape, have a club lounge and a better gym.

when i'm on business, I don't stay at the 4Pts; I can walk over for the beers from the Gateway if I want a beer that bad; it does have a great bar if you like beer and the food is good for pub food
Old May 9, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I would say that this is pretty much spot on

Its a good Mattress run place and I would only stay here if its less than the gateway LAX which gives those same large open rooms but in much better shape, have a club lounge and a better gym.

when i'm on business, I don't stay at the 4Pts; I can walk over for the beers from the Gateway if I want a beer that bad; it does have a great bar if you like beer and the food is good for pub food
I stay here on business all the time. Its proximity to the Budget Car Rental is a plus. Landing late at night from the East Coast it means that I can go straight to the hotel, and pick up the rental car the next morning. Returning, I can drop off the rental car the night before, go to bed, and just grab the shuttle in the morning without having to waste time returning the car.

Also, there is a cheap AAA rate at the hotel that includes parking.
Old May 29, 2010, 5:04 am
iwc

Originally Posted by travelingmore
Like other posters, we stay at other Starwood LAX sites too, mostly the Sheraton Gateway. We tried the Four Points for the rate, and found it a bit worn and shabby. Had to leave too early to try any food. We were glad for the $14 parking rate - it fit our hectic schedule that day, and is not bad compared to other sites. But, we did get a BRG rate, and for each time had great difficulty getting the hotel to post the BRG points correctly; it took several calls and 1-2 weeks of waiting for final posting, and calls also to SPG and to BRG. That was too much work, and as it happened 3 times, the hotel does not seem to know how to handle this type of posting. Since we like the Sheraton Gateway better, and any BRG points post promptly there, it's there from now on.
Here it is almost a year later and the hotel still has problems posting stays that involve a BRG. I agree too much work to chase points and stay credit that should post automatically.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
An update on this property:

They finally begun the next phase of renovations by starting off with the top floor of the west wing. A heads up if you wanna stay away from all the work going on as well as the ensuing noise that follows.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 2:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
I was hoping someone would help me out with a few questions about this property.

What's the difference between a deluxe and traditional room?

I need two beds for an upcoming stay. For the same price I have the choice of:

Deluxe room with two double beds

or

Traditional room with two queen beds.

Also, does the parking have in/out privileges?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.