Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Chicago Downtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Chicago Downtown [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2006, 2:01 am

Sheraton 4 pts Chicago

How is this for location for touristy things - what are the rooms like - thinking jnr suite - chances of upgrades?? is there an Exec lounge?? any info helpful Thanks Gwen
Old May 27, 2006, 4:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gwensvilla
How is this for location for touristy things - what are the rooms like - thinking jnr suite - chances of upgrades?? is there an Exec lounge?? any info helpful Thanks Gwen
Take a look at this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491085

Great location, new but depressing rooms due to lack of view and cheap furnishings, "jnr suites" are actually rooms with a sofabed, no excutive lounge but there is a lounge for all guests.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 3:05 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Correct: no view. Apparently, the hotel space (atop a ca. 1947 car dealership) was previously intended for a movie theater, but after years of being vacant was converted to the hotel. Thus, it's a low, squat building instead of the usual tall, narrow downtown high-rise hotel.

A Trader Joe's is opening in the building today, which should draw some foodies.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 8:44 am

I had some issues at a stay last month in this hotel. I mentioned them in one of those after the fact surveys from Starwood.

The manager was on it. He sent me a long, thoughtful email addressing my concerns, and has offered me great compensation in response. I am very impressed.

The hotel is in a terrific location for shopping, and we'll be giving it another try in December because of the excellent customer service I received.

Last time we took a cab to the closest blue line station to get to O'Hare (rather than walking from the hotel to Grand and then transferring to the blue line and dealing with more stairs with our luggage) as it was pouring rain. It was fairly inexpensive and much handier.

Last edited by darcyt; Nov 20, 2006 at 8:50 am
Old Oct 5, 2007, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Great stay at this property last weekend.Upgraded to a full(huge)exec suite with seperate living/entertaining area with sofa bed.7th floor(out of eight)interior view(fine by me as the area is very noisy.
Great staff and very good housekeeping.Great location IMO-and the TJ's downstairs-what a joy!
A new resturant-REPUBLIC-has opened on the first floor.Pan Asian with an affordable menu and a full bar.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:02 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
thanks for the update. just booked it for a thanksgiving shopping stay at $117 a night. doesn't get any cheaper than that
Old Nov 4, 2007, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA gold, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by abk
thanks for the update. just booked it for a thanksgiving shopping stay at $117 a night. doesn't get any cheaper than that
Actually...
Staying there Nov. 16th and 18th on a "fm1000" promo
Rate is $109 and they throw in 1000 bonus starpoints.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 8:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA EXP
by far the worst service I have had in a long time at a Starwood property. Checked in and told that the property was sold out and no upgrades available. I am fine with that as that happens in Chicago, however they would not even put me on the starwood preferred guest floor and told me upgrades or even amenities were up to them to offer. I asked how many other platmiums checked in today and they said they had 10 on the books? Not very many to have nothing to offer me.Very rude overall!!! Do not stay here if you are looking for any kind of recognition of status.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 9:17 pm

Stayed here in September. Staff was excellent - very helpful and allowed me to see three rooms at check in (opted for one with a balcony). Also let me leave a day early on a rate booked through a third party conference agent.

Rooms were clean, location great - no problems.

BZ
Old Nov 12, 2007, 10:05 pm

I am at this hotel right now for my second stay in 3 months. Definitely was not upgraded and did not get a SPG floor room, but at least I received a king this time. The bell hop actually rolled his eyes when I didn't need his assistance with my luggage (one rolling bag??). My key isn't working on the elevator, etc. The only reason I stayed here again was because of the 4 night 4000 point promo, but I have to cut my trip short so I won't even get that. At $295 a night, I do not plan to stay here again..

Not the worst, but not the best SPG has to offer in Chicago.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 3:51 pm

Programs: SPG LIfetime Plat, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Wannabe, Hilton Silver, UA Gold
Originally Posted by abk
doesn't get any cheaper than that
Just booked two Sat nights w/ Mrs. Rock in Jan & Feb for $100/night INCLUDING PARKING.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cliff_rock
Just booked two Sat nights w/ Mrs. Rock in Jan & Feb for $100/night INCLUDING PARKING.
me, too...for the end of january 2008.

any updates on this property? the westin michigan avenue also has great rates but they don't include parking. this was too good of a deal to pass up.

thoughts? thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Wait..... is it "miracle mile" or "magnificent mile"?
Old Jan 2, 2008, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
Wait..... is it "miracle mile" or "magnificent mile"?
Depends on how you look at it...if my wife gets out of town without dropping a grand, then it's the "miracle mile"...:-), but really, it's the magnificent mile!
Old Jan 2, 2008, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by cliff_rock
Where did you guys find these rates? I am looking on 1/12, and 1/26 and the best I can find is $115/night...HELP!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.