Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by xenoverse
I could not find availability in the SPG app or website so I called. They were able to find availability. CSR asked for my reward number and mentioned they would only see availability if my account has enough points for the number of nights I requested. So if they tell you there is no availability, try asking them to search for few number of nights.
What was the rate you booked?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
What was the rate you booked?
I booked for Overwater Delux at 209k per night. Online account shows 60K Standard Redemption Rate with 149K Upgraded Room Points per night.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
email address?

Anyone have the email address for this property? Ever since the Marriott website switch, I've been having trouble finding email addresses for ex-SPG hotels online.

Edit-- to answer my own question, [email protected]

Last edited by ps9a; Sep 13, 2018 at 1:11 pm
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:55 pm

After calling every day for 4 days, finally, I was able to book the 1br Reefside Pool Villa for 60K per night! The overwater villa was quoted at 160K per night!
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by MissVacation
After calling every day for 4 days, finally, I was able to book the 1br Reefside Pool Villa for 60K per night! The overwater villa was quoted at 160K per night!
That's lucky! I am not getting my hope up cuz there is no cash rate for reefside room for my date.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by ken.yong
That's lucky! I am not getting my hope up cuz there is no cash rate for reefside room for my date.
Keep checking every day and calling, it doesn't show in the app and I was shocked when she said 120K for two nights! Also, St. Regis just replied and quoted an upgrade to an overwater superior villa at 226€ per night
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:35 pm

Keep checking every day and calling, it doesn't show in the app and I was shocked when she said 120K for two nights! Also, St. Regis just replied and quoted an upgrade to an overwater superior villa at 226€ per night
Wow, that's amazing deal. Congrats!

Do you mind sharing the contact that you used to inquire upgrade?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by alxyng
Wow, that's amazing deal. Congrats!

Do you mind sharing the contact that you used to inquire upgrade?
[email protected]
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:35 pm

Did the app show availability for the reefside pool villa for cash rates? I can't find any sequential reefside pool villas night availability with cash...
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:51 pm

Does anyone know if there's any good promotions or promotion codes to use since the merger? I have a corporate code that's okay, but it works out to be essentially the same as the non-refundable rate.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
60K points for a Reefside Pool Villa is a decent redemption, albeit not necessarily the best value use, all costs considered. Shelling out more points for OW Bungalows is just throwing value away for me personally. I do, however, understand that for many, the value of the experience outweighs the value of the points.

If you can find five nights for 240K with the 5th night free your savings seem incredible on a USD $700-$800 per night Reefside Villa. They are, but those 240K points will buy 100K FF Miles that will get me a return Business Class ticket from NA to Asia. For myself, I value that more.

I hope that everyone booking this property has researched the costs to get there and stay there. It isn't like you can drive up to valet and drop your car off.

I made a cash reservation for this property for two nights in early March 2019 long before the merger. The flights to/from PPT for 2 is $1000.00, the boat ride from/to the airport another $250 for 2 and expect to pay $100-$150 per meal per couple depending on drinks. Platinum Elites will at least get breakfast included.

James
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
60K points for a Reefside Pool Villa is a decent redemption, albeit not necessarily the best value use, all costs considered. Shelling out more points for OW Bungalows is just throwing value away for me personally. I do, however, understand that for many, the value of the experience outweighs the value of the points.

If you can find five nights for 240K with the 5th night free your savings seem incredible on a USD $700-$800 per night Reefside Villa. They are, but those 240K points will buy 100K FF Miles that will get me a return Business Class ticket from NA to Asia. For myself, I value that more.

I hope that everyone booking this property has researched the costs to get there and stay there. It isn't like you can drive up to valet and drop your car off.

I made a cash reservation for this property for two nights in early March 2019 long before the merger. The flights to/from PPT for 2 is $1000.00, the boat ride from/to the airport another $250 for 2 and expect to pay $100-$150 per meal per couple depending on drinks. Platinum Elites will at least get breakfast included.

James
I disagree on the value proposition. Flights to Asia on business class RT range from 3K-5.5K USD (depends on destinations, seasons and airlines of course). Those 5 nights I got from St Regis Bora redemption costs 5.4K USD in cash rate. It's at best equivalent in value. Also, 100K FF points can't get you a RT to Asia on biz class except maybe for Alaska Airlines Partners. Others cost more than 100K points.

The flights RT to/from PPT for 2 is $1000.00 - I assume this is in USD and it's cheap at 500 USD per person RT. Flying to Europe from the US costs similar (400-500 USD RT). I redeemed 40K miles because OW costs 1900 USD which is insane. Yes, meals are expensive cuz the place are all atolls so it's expected. As for boat transfer, as a reference point, Shinkansen from Tokyo to Kyoto costs 13K-14K JPY OW now. I think once the accommodation and airfares are taken care of, the rest actually might not sound too bad.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by ken.yong
I disagree on the value proposition. Flights to Asia on business class RT range from 3K-5.5K USD (depends on destinations, seasons and airlines of course). Those 5 nights I got from St Regis Bora redemption costs 5.4K USD in cash rate. It's at best equivalent in value. Also, 100K FF points can't get you a RT to Asia on biz class except maybe for Alaska Airlines Partners. Others cost more than 100K points.

The flights RT to/from PPT for 2 is $1000.00 - I assume this is in USD and it's cheap at 500 USD per person RT. Flying to Europe from the US costs similar (400-500 USD RT). I redeemed 40K miles because OW costs 1900 USD which is insane. Yes, meals are expensive cuz the place are all atolls so it's expected. As for boat transfer, as a reference point, Shinkansen from Tokyo to Kyoto costs 13K-14K JPY OW now. I think once the accommodation and airfares are taken care of, the rest actually might not sound too bad.
Another value proposition I considered was accessing destinations. If I wanted to I could fly Y to Asia on cash. Sure it would be less of an enjoyable journey, but if I'm looking to go on an Asia trip, it would be doable. No matter when / where you want to go to Bora Bora, you can't do it for cheap. Hotel rates seem to always hover around the $1k per night price. Yes, there's expensive additional costs, but having the room paid for is a major savings which puts the trip into a more reasonable price range (in comparison to flights, transfer flights, boat transfer, hotel, food, excursions, miscellaneous other costs, plus taxes).
ken.yong likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:02 pm

James
It depends on what is "value" to you. To me, I rather fly 2x in economy than 1x in business as I don't earn those points/miles easily. In this case, I rather spend 2 nights sleeping in the beautiful St. Regis Bora Bora than a 15 hours flight in business It's going to be my 3rd time in French Polynesia so I am well aware of the cost; saving in hotel to get an overwater bungalow is a huge value for me! Also, I went to the Maldives earlier this year on points (stayed at the Conrad Maldives) and compared to that, I think French Polynesia is not so bad for a dream paradise (yea when you have to pay $14 + 23% tax for a bottle of water in the Maldives yikes)! Once you visited French Polynesia, you can't go back to the Caribbeans anymore so have to save up I wrote a comparison between Bora Bora and the Maldives: A Comparison of The Maldives and Bora Bora ? Miss Vacation
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:10 pm

James
I forgot to add... 240K SPG points are for 2 people, whereas 100K ff points are for 1 biz class ticket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.