Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Four Points Westside, Culver City, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Four Points Westside, Culver City, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2007, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Stayed there several months ago -- based on previous reviews and it being a last-minute award stay, I had been expecting the worst, but instead I got a nice suite upgrade and a plate of cookies. Overall, for LAX travel I'd still use the Sheraton Gateway because of location, but otherwise I had no complaints with the Four Points. ^
Old Sep 10, 2007, 10:54 am

just stayed there this weekend. Worst 4 points property I've stayed at.

First, I'd expect for $10 parking that there'd be a secure parking facility or some private lot that had to be used like those hotels near the airport. No, this is an open lot just like you'd find in any suburban hotel. I suppose they wanted to keep people from using it as a part and fly lot, but you can do that and not charge guest while they stay there. Oh well.

The rooms/hotel themselves seem like they still have some work to do on remodling. There's frayed carpet and a strange musty smell in the entire building. Most of the furniture is still pretty dinged up. The hotel actually feels a little clostrphobic (sp) since the celings aren't very high (at least not on the 8th floor). And the gym is a joke - I've seen better at a days inn.

If you get a room, avoid the freeway side. We actually had to check to make sure the window wasn't open becasue it was so loud. Very had to fall asleep. It didn't help that the pillows were flat and the bed was sagging in the middle. Unfortunatly, all the rooms with two beds are on the freeway side of the building.

We got in at 10pm after a long flight, drove to the hotel and didn't even try to sleep in before the drive home. I have a call into starwood to see if I can get my points back for this stay. If I were paying by credit card, I would have refused to pay - the stay was one of the worst I've had. Stay at the shearaton by the airport. Nicer hotel and nicer room and at the same point class.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 12:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I don't see a master thread for this property, so I'll post and updated review in this one.

Recently stayed there, and the hotel was renovated, as stated in other threads. Nothing spectacular, but friendly service, decent 4pts bed and clean.

Parking is still $10 a night. There are no vents in the bathrooms, so it gets quite humid after a hot shower. Also, windows are not really sound proof and wind proof... Can get a bit chilly inside the room at night at this time of year.

It was the cheapest SPG hotel in the LA area during my stay... so no real complaints.
Old May 25, 2009, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i stayed here way back in 2006 & if i remember correctly it wasn't all that bad....anyone with recent experiences????i'm scheduled to spend a night at this hotel next month....
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:06 am

Just had a recent stay here on points. Upon check-in, I was handed the platinum key pouch with the keys inside another silver pouch that says "You've been upgraded". It's the first time I see the "You've been upgraded" pouch even though I have been platinum for over a year now. In the pouch there was also a coupon for breakfast buffet and another for a dessert at the restaurant on the first floor.

The room itself was pretty decent. I was upgraded to a suite that has two rooms adjacent to each other, one living room, the other a bedroom. I would say this is one of the better four points I've stayed in North America. Will definitely return.

The hotel is very close to LAX, roughly a 10 minute drive and is right off I-405 very easy to find. Parking is $10 for those of you who plan to rent a car. ^
Old Dec 25, 2009, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
We were visiting GF's mom for Christmas Eve, and we believed that we could drink some wine. Since she lives further up on Green Valley Circle, we decided to make a reservation here to spend the night.

We arrived at 6:30 on X-mas eve -- they had to sort thru the Platinum key holders to get ours. There were at least 3 or 4 others to check in at that point. We were upgraded to an 8th floor-2 room suite as described above (2 bathrooms!). We also got a discount coupon for the restaurant and a breakfast buffet coupon. When I asked, the FD clerk gave me another as an accomodation (^^^).

We were not on the freeway part of the hotel, so the room was quiet, and it was quite nice compared to the others we have seen at the Four Points properties. The staff was fantastic, and the brunch was really good.

Considering it was 6 miles from home, I wouldn't stay here again, unless there was alcohol involved. OTOH, in the overall sceme of Four Points, we were treated very well, and we got a great room. ^
Old Dec 26, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Gold
I stay at this property at least 5-6 times/year. It's clean, renovated, convenient and the staff is great. The bar scene is lame, but I don't hang out there. Always have rec'd a suite upgrade. Rooms are typical new Four Points - nothing to get excited about, but decent. Definitely a solid choice. Agree that Westin or Sheraton LAX are more exciting, but usually the $30-50 difference in room rate steers me to the 4 Points, especially for short (1-2 night) stays.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Do you still have to call them for Airport pick-up.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG plat ambassador
Stayed here for 2 weekend nights. Arrived on a red eye and was allowed early check-in at 0600. They had a plat suite upgrade already confirmed when I checked-in (I did not have to ask), plus they gave me free breakfast coupons as a plat. Internet is free for all guests and I had a good connection.

My suite was 826, which was very comfortable and was on the opposite side of the hotel from the 405 fwy. Includes flat screen televisions in the sitting room and bedroom. FYI - this property has the old fashioned floor mounted ac/heater units next to the window, with a wall mounted thermostat.

I am also familiar with the deluxe rooms here and they are nice and spacious, but be aware that their bathrooms are quite small.

Positive dining experiences and good prices at happy hour on drinks and snacks. Very small gym, but nice pool. No guest laundry room, only super expensive hotel laundry priced similar to a full service Sheraton.

Overall, very friendly staff, clean hotel, and good value for the Westside.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by dodger 1k
Arrived on a red eye and was allowed early check-in at 0600.
i have noticed that this property is generally good with regards to early check-in....on all my stays i was allowed to check-in early....
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:21 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
I stayed here for a night a few nights ago, and without going into major detail, I'd like to share some thoughts/comments on the property.

First off, I'd like to start off by saying I enjoyed the stay overall. The few staff I encountered were nice, the room was clean, and the [free] breakfast buffet was also good. Parking does cost $10, but that didn't deter me from staying. All it deters me from is paying more than twice that at the LAX properties.

There were a few things that I think need help:

1. The bathroom was small. Usually when I read that on a hotel review, I don't care too much, but in this case, it was kinda over the top the way the bathroom was layed out (the space really wasn't that "small" but the way the space is utilized makes in appear as such).

2. Old TV's. Maybe it's just me, but I fully expect to see flat screens at pretty much any SPG hotel. I know quite a few don't, but I am disapointed when I see CRT's. Especially ones that omit screeching high frequency pulse sounds that truly annoy the heck out of anyone in the area (but only when you turn your head in the correct direction).

3. Fix the elevators. I always got stuck on elevator "3", which, to be nice, didn't work. I'd get on, the door would close, I'd press a button and nothing would happen. I finally figured out I needed to HOLD down the button I wanted to go to, until arriving. If I let go too early, it would stop at the next floor, and either stay put, or go elsewhere to pick others up.

4. This really isn't that bad, but you must be warned that this place is basically the hotel for dogs in the area. I was there for about lobby area for a grand total of about an hour combined and had to have seen 10 different dogs, some barking, others running up to me.

Overall, I liked the location. It's located right off the 405, and is centrally located for pretty much anywhere you want to go in the area (few minutes to LAX, 15 minutes to downtown). I'll stay again.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:49 pm

Had a quick stay this past weekend at the Four Points Culver City.

Arrival
The hotel is close to LAX across the street from a big mall. The entrance is parking gate controlled and all cars going into the hotel has to pick up a parking ticket (free first 30 minutes) ($10/overnight in-n-out)

Check-In
Before arrival, saw that I was upgraded to a suite. Upon check-in, recognized platinum status, and said since the previous occupant of the suite did not check-out and extended the stay, I was put into a Deluxe Room facing the highway (which I believe suites do to). So back down to my traditionally booked room. Offered platinum amenity and given coupon for discount in the bar and comp breakfast buffet.

Room
The traditional rooms are SMALL. Standard 4P fare with comfort beds, box tv, table, sofa. The bathroom is tiny. Did I mention the rooms are small?

Recreational
Fitness room was small but had everything you need. Cardio machines and weight set. There was a pool but did not use. The hotel was fairly full and the place was a little chaotic.

Restaurant
Had breakfast buffet in the restaurant. The place was packed. Two servers, had to wait for a table with 6+ empty uncleaned tables. Waited 15 minutes. The front desk supervisor saw me and and asked what was happening. I said there were no tables. She called over to the "restaurant" (which was no more than 25 feet away from front desk), no answer. Anyways, to make the story short, I grabbed a plate and some utensils and sat myself on one of the tables with the table cloth pulled over.

Overall
An ok stay, not one of my best. Service is a hit or miss. A good place for quick overnighter not at the airport. Hotel needs some renovation
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Since there are no updates to this hotel recently, guess I will provide an update

Booked a room here for my parents who are visiting me (can't beat 3/4,000 points in the west LA area). I was upgraded to a suite on arrival. The rooms and corridors are clean and was refurbished recently. Carpets looked new and clean.

The suite is 2 adjoining rooms with a pull-out sofa and living room on one side and a king sized bed on the other (2 full bathrooms as well). My suite does not face the 405 highway as a poster previously noted. Platinum amenity choices were breakfast, 250 points or a local gift (forgot what it was).

There's a pool on the first floor that faces the 405 (I don't believe you can see the 405, but it's in that direction - I didn't check out the pool). There's also an "Exercise Room" on the first floor.

If you are not from LA and here without a car, the area is pretty convenient (there's a mid-range Westfield mall right next door with a Target and a couple of restaurants). If you walk 10 minutes north on Sepulveda, there is a huge Sprouts grocery store as well.

Parking is free for the first 30 minutes, then $3 for 30-minutes to an hour and then every $2 for every subsequent 30 minutes up to a maximum of $10 for overnight parking. Not too sure if there are in and out privileges for hotel guest as I only parked there less than 30 minutes.

LAX is pretty close (7-10 minutes by car), so is other westside cities like Santa Monica, Century City, Westwood etc.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Stayed here for one night, The place is ok but not for me.

Had an approved your24 checking in at 9 am and checking out at 4 pm, Arrived around 1 pm and the room was not ready ,Why did you approve the your24 request then?

I was given a room for a little while and then moved to the suite. The most annoying thing is that all lights in the room are bright white lights which is the main reason I'm not returning here. Used one SNA here and got upgraded to a suite which basically is a connected room with the other room being a living room instead of a bedroom.

Breakfast is free for plats and the spread was decent, Parking was 12 USD for overnight guests.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anybody stayed here recently?

I have a reservation for later this week, and I've also recommended it to an Australian client.

It seems renovations may have happened, but just curious of its quality level relative to the FP LAX or other SPGs in LA? (I'm trying to avoid $15/day for wifi, $30/day for parking, etc.)

TIA! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.