Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Four Points Westside, Culver City, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Four Points Westside, Culver City, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2006, 8:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Four Points Westside, Culver City, CA [Master Thread]

How bad are the rooms at this hotel ?

I have stayed at the Sheraton Gateway LAX and thought it was quite nice. However there is nothing interesting near the Sheraton, and the 4P Culver City is apparently located next to a shopping mall. I have many hours to kill before my international flight back home, and a hotel with a mall next door seems to be an interesting option.

Has anyone stayed there lately ?

Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 9:52 am

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Originally Posted by mario33

I have stayed at the Sheraton Gateway LAX and thought it was quite nice. However there is nothing interesting near the Sheraton, and the 4P Culver City is apparently located next to a shopping mall. I have many hours to kill before my international flight back home, and a hotel with a mall next door seems to be an interesting option.

Thanks.
The Sheraton Gateway is much better than the Culver city Four points.
The whole please looks rundown. As for killing some time, hop on the bus in front of the Sheraton , for $3.00 you can go anywhere in LA all day long on the bus or the train.

Casey.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 6:53 pm

...not that bad

Thanks.
I don't find this to be that bad of a hotel. I have stayed here several times in the last couple of years on mattress runs and really have no complaints. I do think the Four Points, Sheraton and Westin LAX are all nicer hotels though.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 7:10 pm
SST

A tiny lobby, inadequate elevators if it is full, low budget events (and the attendant little annoyances, noise, rowdiness, etc.) and lackluster rooms taint this place. Also, inadequate (but free) parking. On the other side of the ledger, ahem, it's cheap often, and located well for a lot of LA biz.

I've sworn off it, but relented and stayed twice this last year, but just for a night. It was a hoot, ahem, when they had some VERY low level tryouts for "America's Next Top Model" booked in the meeting rooms. What a crowd that drew....... and not in a good way....
Old Jan 14, 2006, 7:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the update.

I will be staying at the Sheraton Gateway when I arrive from Asia, and would most probably stay at the 4P Culver City the night before I leave for home. I have a $85 rate at 4P Culver City while the Sheraton Gateway is showing rates of around $200 for the same date. I am not looking to do "hectic" sightseeing before a long flight home, but easy access to a shopping mall where I could walk around in comfort and have my meals is what I am looking for.

I will be arriving from NYC on UA, can someone advise me on how to catch the shuttle to the 4P Culver City. Do I have to call them or is it a scheduled shuttle like the one from Sheraton Gateway ?

Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It's like a Holiday Inn. Even as Platinum you don't get much of an upgrade. I really don't recall a mall within walking distance, except a strip mall of sorts. You'd be much better off at the Sheraton Delfina in Santa Monica. There you can shop at a much, much better indoor and outdoor mall. It's less than $20 for a taxi in any case.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 4:05 am

I will be arriving from NYC on UA, can someone advise me on how to catch the shuttle to the 4P Culver City. Do I have to call them or is it a scheduled shuttle like the one from Sheraton Gateway ?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You will have to call them, as they do not have a regular scheduled pick up from LAX.

Casey.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
If you want Four Points pricing, I think you are MUCH BETTER OFF at the LAX Four Points. I stayed there 2 weeks ago and it was a perfectly decent place. "Junior suite" platinum upgrade - respectable room. Breakfast buffet worth the $11.95 or thereabouts just for the platter of lox and red tomatoes.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 8:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stimpy
I really don't recall a mall within walking distance, except a strip mall of sorts.
The hotel website indicates that its adjacent to Howard Huges Promenade and Westfield Fox Hills Mall. Is the mall really there ?

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
If you want Four Points pricing, I think you are MUCH BETTER OFF at the LAX Four Points. I stayed there 2 weeks ago and it was a perfectly decent place. "Junior suite" platinum upgrade - respectable room. Breakfast buffet worth the $11.95 or thereabouts just for the platter of lox and red tomatoes
The 4P LAX looks quite nice.

Is there anything interesting nearby without having to take a cab (My LA cab rides always ended up costing 50%-100% more than what I thought it would cost when drivers refused to take the highways and I havent seen a city with so many traffic lights)

Do they comp breakfast for Plats ?

Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2006, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The 4P LAX looks quite nice.

Is there anything interesting nearby without having to take a cab (My LA cab rides always ended up costing 50%-100% more than what I thought it would cost when drivers refused to take the highways and I havent seen a city with so many traffic lights)

Do they comp breakfast for Plats ?

Thanks
No, no no no, no. But if you are staying by the airport and have no burning desire to go far, it was a good place.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I can't keep up with mall names these days, but is definitely not walking distance to the Howard Hughes mall/cinema.

As for taxis taking freeways, it is generally cheaper and faster if they take surface streets in west LA. From LAX to this hotel it is absolutely cheaper on surface streets.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 4:19 am

Foxhills mall is just across the street from the main entrance of the hotel.

Casey.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 5:26 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SST
...and lackluster rooms taint this place. Also, inadequate (but free) parking
no longer free parking at 4pts Culver City, it is $5 per night. Far better parking price that the friggin $14 per night for self park at the Westin South Coast Plaza

Room was tired as is the whole property. I really don't care, bed was comfy and clean, so was the bathroom.

Biggest complaint I have is the toilet paper is located behind you above shoulder level. Little tough for one to reach.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
Still is lackluster, still is worn down, only thing is prices are low.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 7:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The furnitures look worn especially at the edges but the carpets and upholstery are in decent shape (at least in my room). It was not as bad as I had expected.

The larger rooms face the freeway while the smaller ones face the backyard of a row of shops (Howard Huge Promenade ?) Being a light sleeper I chose not to be upgraded by selecting a smaller room away from the freeway, but since it was a corner room there were some road noise from the side road in the morning (buses/trucks going uphill). Perhaps someone could comment on the noise level in the larger rooms facing the freeway.

There is a Westfield mall (Foxhills Mall) directly across the road from the hotel entrance. Quite a decent mall with plenty of restaurants and a food court, as well as several big name stores. I didnt see any supermarket in the mall but there is a grocery store at the row of shops (Howard Huge Promenade) behind the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.