Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Four Points Westside, Culver City, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Four Points Westside, Culver City, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2006, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Four Points Culver City: Anyone stayed there recently?

I'm booked for this Wednesday and Thursday and am curious how it is. I've done a search on FT for past threads and got some not-so positive reviews. The SPG website mentions that the lobby and restaraunt is undergoing renovations while the rooms have been completed in June 22. Has any FTer stayed in this property post-room renovation?
Old Dec 19, 2006, 3:43 pm

any latest news as I read a few years ago that it was a dump.

I have a friend staying there in jan
Old Dec 19, 2006, 5:07 pm

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
any latest news as I read a few years ago that it was a dump.

I have a friend staying there in jan
Um....I think they changed their "name" recently to 4pts Los Angeles Westside (makes it sound better doesnt it?)...besides that no clue. 4 Pts LAX is better and only about 5-10 minutes away
Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Um....I think they changed their "name" recently to 4pts Los Angeles Westside (makes it sound better doesnt it
Righto. See:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ropertyID=1257

"Westside" does sound so much better, doesn't it? Not at all like the mostly nasty neighborhood it actually resides in.

On the plus side (if you're a non-smoker)...it's a 100% Non-Smoking property now (though I'd bet a lot of airline transient guests ignore that rule).

On the minus side...they allow pets up to 50 lbs. Be sure to ask for one of those rooms!

Honestly though...I have no recent experiences there. Just some no-so-memorable past ones that were a little sub-par at the time.

I do have a story of a recent stay by a friend of mine that paid quite a bit extra for a "Stay, Park & Fly" rate there...only to discover that there is no Parking Pass or sticker or recording of their license plate or anything else in their wide-open parking lot. And they could have left their car there for as long as they wanted just skipping the Park & Fly rate and paying the lowest rate they could have snatched.

Same expensive lesson I learned at the Sheraton Houston Interncontinental Hotel. "Don't I need a pass or anything for my dashboard so they don't tow me away?" "Naw. Just park your car anywhere." So glad I paid that extra 90 bucks for the Park & Fly "package." I'll know better next time.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 6:04 am

I stayed there about a month ago. It wasn't too bad, but I think I'll try another hotel next time; the elevators all seemed to have problems and the posted inspection certificates had all expired.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
The neighborhood is not so bad. I'd agree that Fox Hills Mall is disgusting, but the Sepulveda corridor through Culver City is pretty much average, nothing more nothing less.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 8:58 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
If it's "budget" one is after, then this may be an option for that reason. Free airport shuttle. One of the less expensive SPG's in the LA area. And, the bus stop across the street (yes, at the mall) can take you to down to Manhattan Beach, etc. for very, very little $$ and no need for a car rental--unless your work or other business takes you elsewhere. If you go there with those "budget" kinds of expectations and all that goes with that, then that's what you'll experience and you may not be terribly disappointed.
Otherwise, I'd look into the airport hotels and see if they're currently really THAT much more than Culver City...if the difference is nominal, I'd say it's worth paying.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 3:41 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Has this hotel been renovated recently?

I just checked in earlier today for a last minute award stay, and was expecting a questionable room based on previous posts. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised as I got a nice two-room suite upgrade, a plate of cookies was waiting in the room and the room itself is clean and looks to be in newer condition. Service from the front desk has been pretty good as well. ^
Old Jun 23, 2007, 6:07 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium , National Car Emerald Club Exec Elite, AC 50K Elite
Originally Posted by prashok
Has this hotel been renovated recently?

I just checked in earlier today for a last minute award stay, and was expecting a questionable room based on previous posts. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised as I got a nice two-room suite upgrade, a plate of cookies was waiting in the room and the room itself is clean and looks to be in newer condition. Service from the front desk has been pretty good as well. ^

Although this is a hotel which has been on the receiving end of a lot of criticism in the past (most well deserved), things may finally be looking up here. From a review of the website, it seems that there's been a significant recent renovaton of the property. About time. At a Category 2 though my point stays in the area are still going to be at the Gateway, if they have availability .
Old Jun 23, 2007, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Originally Posted by craz
I just LOVE it when someone starts a thread asking about something and doesnt come back to post what they found themselves, especially here where the OP stayed way before others chimed in.
My apologies as I forgot about this thread itself after making my first of many stays in this property. I'm not really great with hotel TRs but I guess I'll give it a shot just to redeem myself.

After making this post back in September, I was able to stay in this property frequently in late 2006 to early this year. Back then, I was required to be down in LA once a week for partial hospitalization in UCLA so I switched off between this one and the Four Points LAX depending on whomever had the lowest rate.

Indeed the hotel is completely renovated with the check-in lobby and restaurant refreshed. Unfortunately, I never had prashok's luck in scoring a suite upgrade (let alone never knew that this location had such suites until now!) in my frequent stays in this hotel but in almost all of them as a Plat, I was upgraded to a "SPG Room" which had a refrigerator and separate table. I never tried Westside out prior to the renovations but the rooms are decently appointed and indeed clean.

The breakfast buffet in the Cabo Cafe is average but at least there's usually a chef around to make omelets on-demand. For those that aren't a fan of the neighboring Fox Hills Mall, one can cross under the 405 underpass and head to the Howard Hughes Center where you can find some nicer choices in dining, a movie theater, and a Borders if you want to grab some Four Comfort Bedtime reading.

There is an airport shuttle, but unfortunately it only operates in the morning and the taxi fare is (IIRC from my Thanksgiving day stay) $15-20ish from the airport so it isn't as convenient when flying out as any of the LAX *woods.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by N751PR
Unfortunately, I never had prashok's luck in scoring a suite upgrade (let alone never knew that this location had such suites until now!) in my frequent stays in this hotel but in almost all of them as a Plat, I was upgraded to a "SPG Room" which had a refrigerator and separate table.
For future reference, the one I had was 704/706 (where 704 is the bedroom and 706 is the living room, separated by a connecting door). ^

Last edited by SpeedRicer; Jun 23, 2007 at 8:39 pm
Old Jun 24, 2007, 8:58 am

I stayed here on June 19. I had trouble checking in the clerk couldn't find me even though I had a confirmation and she had my name. There was an undisclosed problem. I went to the room and walked in on people who were fully occupying the room. Went downstairs. I had to show id again and then I was asked if I was sharing a room. (Hello, no?)

Turns out that the clerk has checked in someone else under my name, confirmation number and cc. The manager called the room and asked the guest their name. (Not me) Had to have the manager reverse everything. Desk clerk was upset, I was more so, manager didn't look at me or apologize. Then I got to the room and the wireless didn't work. I had a 2 night stay but checked out the next morning and went to Courtyard Torrance instead where everything was great.

Commented on the SPG website but I expect nothing will come from it.

Updated June 25, 2007 from the Assistant Guest Services Manager:

I would like to take the opportunity to address your experience at the Four Points by Sheraton LA Westside. Please accept my deepest apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. It is certainly not indicative of the standards we have set in our hotel.

Please be assured that I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate departments and action has been taken to prevent these problems from reoccurring. I will add to your Gold Member account 500 points for your inconvenience. Again, thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience.

Last edited by Itlan; Jun 25, 2007 at 4:30 pm Reason: update to comment
Old Sep 9, 2007, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, STW Plat, Hyatt Plat, Avis Pref
Used to be called Four Points Culver City. Pretty mediocre made more so since they no longer have unlimited free parking which used to attract me for my longer trips out of LAX. Unless you particularly need to stay next to the Fox Hills Mall, I'd choose the Westin, the Sheraton or the Four Points at LAX.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 6:00 pm

Nice for 4pts

They've recently remodeled rooms and public areas. Last couple of visits I was upgraded to a suite (as Plat) which is really two room with a connecting doorway...living room had a plasma tv. Much better than the nearby Radisson (across the 405 fwy).
Old Sep 9, 2007, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Put my father there for a couple days last month and just had an employee in town from overseas for three weeks who stayed there (stayed there vs. our regular hotels in Santa Monica to save our department some money). Both said the hotel was fine. Rennovated rooms (which I saw). Easy access in and out of the hotel. Free internet. Automated vending store (i.e. a Zoom system) in the lobby if you need stuff. If you need to be on this side of town, it is nothing fancy, but a decent place to stay for the price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.