Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Guildford, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Guildford, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:27 am

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
That was not what I wanted to hear, but thank you so much for the quick reply. Guess I will just keep my fingers crossed.
We were upgraded to a suite for a stay we had in early May. Close to 760 sq. ft. with a separate bedroom, living room and a huge bathroom with two separate sink areas. It never hurts to phone the property in question and request one - giving the caveat that you know they can't necessarily upgrade you until the day of arrival. We had kids with us so maybe that helped our situation ?

You could also use suite rewards if you have them ? The suites are very nice and are on the same level as the club lounge. The lounge itself has wonderful attendants.

Cheers - and good luck,

Singlepoint
Old Jun 8, 2012, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by Singlepoint
We were upgraded to a suite for a stay we had in early May. Close to 760 sq. ft. with a separate bedroom, living room and a huge bathroom with two separate sink areas. It never hurts to phone the property in question and request one - giving the caveat that you know they can't necessarily upgrade you until the day of arrival. We had kids with us so maybe that helped our situation ?

You could also use suite rewards if you have them ? The suites are very nice and are on the same level as the club lounge. The lounge itself has wonderful attendants.

Cheers - and good luck,

Singlepoint
Tried that. I emailed the property and was told they have no "select standard suites", but would be glad to book us in a two queen club room.

I had my cancellation # only seconds later.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent stays here? I believe the hotel and club lounge were undergoing renovation.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by ashley1245
Any recent stays here? I believe the hotel and club lounge were undergoing renovation.
I pretty much live 33% of the year at this property...

I believe renos have been completed, as I haven't seen the garbage chute hanging off the side of the building for a while. they started at the top floor (lounge, club rooms) and worked down. the lobby and restaurant/bar were done early on.
ashley1245 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:01 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
The hotel rooms have been fully renovated to the newer grey tones. There are not many suites at this location so Platinums looking for upgrades should manage expectations accordingly.
ashley1245 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 7:39 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I’m considering using an old category 1-4 seven night certificate here. I have two small kids and we’ve never been to Vancouver. I realize the location is less than ideal for exploring, but can I make it work if we have a car? I really have no use for this certificate and I’m trying to squeeze some value out of it.
Thank you for any input!
Old Feb 8, 2020, 7:28 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ashley1245
I’m considering using an old category 1-4 seven night certificate here. I have two small kids and we’ve never been to Vancouver. I realize the location is less than ideal for exploring, but can I make it work if we have a car? I really have no use for this certificate and I’m trying to squeeze some value out of it.
Thank you for any input!
If you're desperate to use the certificate, you might consider the Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport. Aside from the fact that it would be a stay in the Four Points versus a Sheraton, you could take the Canada Line Subway downtown and not worry about renting a car at all. You'd also save on parking costs visiting downtown where a garage is going to be $30 CAD a day. It's a 9 minute walk to the subway (which also reaches the airport). It's also safe to walk at night. Being across from a mall (Landsdowne Center), there are lots of eating options, even with kids.

In terms of your original question. the Sheraton Guildford would also work since its close to Route 1. It's sort of the harder way of doing it, unless you plan on using the car for a trip to Whistler or something.
ashley1245 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 7:48 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
pandemic stay

The hotel is "open" but many services are closed due to the pandemic. Also, the WEB site is not accurate.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Any idea about whether the club lounge will be open again?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Any idea about whether the club lounge will be open again?
I suspect it will be quite a while, as it sounds like they are suffering from lack of staff. a bunch of long time staff took the shutdown as an opportunity to retire, or pursue other opportunities.

the restaurant is supposed to be open in mid April, so a step in the right direction...
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:31 pm

The restaurant has reopened, the club lounge has not.

I was really pleasantly surprised with this property. The standard rooms are enormous by contemporary standards and are nicely furnished with updated hard and soft goods. Platinum and beyond guests presently get a breakfast buffet in the Mixt lobby lounge and appetizer service from 5-9 in the evenings with complimentary non-alcoholic beverages. The welcome gift point alternative is a 200mL jar of local honey and a bar of soap made with said honey. Bee sure to check it out. There is currently no bell or valet service either. As mentioned before, suites are in very short supply (maybe six total?) but the club level king rooms have a sofa, side accent chair, a large ottoman, seemingly extra desk space, a Nespresso machine, bottled water and maybe a few upgraded bathroom amenities. The views on the mountain-facing side are really lovely - the Fraser River valley with mountains in the distance.

Compared to the other full-service Bonvoy option in Surrey, which has zero suites, rooms that are maybe half the size and has no lounge, this property punches above weight class.
raidersfan1 and LSEGallipot like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:05 pm

There are 7 Penthouse suites on the 21st floor. The space for the 8th room is the Club Lounge.

Each of these rooms is double the size of a standard room. There are 16 standard rooms on each floor.

Club level rooms have showers only. Normal rooms have combo tub/showers I believe. The Penthouses have both.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Anyone stayed there recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.