Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Amman, Jordan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2023, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever

I don't see a thread, but we are here so I thought I would post. Wow, a *really* nice property, efficient check in, helpful staff all around so far. We are ending our 2 week middle east trip here and as my kids said "it will do" which is our family joke for "nice hotel choice dad!" I will post some pictures and give some insights into F&B and the spa (which my wife and daughter plan to use tomorrow).

We are titanium elite and they upgraded us from a king and a double room to a gorgeous suite and a connecting 2 queen room. The suite reminds me of a St Regis in Asia, like the St Regis Singapore. It's big and very white with dark floors and white marble in the bathrooms. We're comfortable here for the first time in 2 weeks ;-)

A couple of more comments:
We had a nice breakfast this morning, not the biggest spread I have ever seen but adequate and 4-6 options off a menu to order for main dishes in addition to the buffet items. My wife and kids had lunch and said all the food was really good quality (chicken nuggets were panko battered chicken breast). We also tried out Legends, the sports bar that is attached to the hotel (but you have to exit outside and walk around the building to get into it) and that was both fun (pool, F1 simulator) and decent food and drinks with wide screen TVs.

I went down to the concierge this morning to find out about transport to Jerash and was in a comfortable car with WIFI in 15 minutes and to Jerash in 55 minutes, with the driver waiting for me until I was done a few hours later. Overall, I really am happy with this place. Talked with a few staff about the newness and they all noted they are still training and the management is happy but still wants to see service levels rise. That's impressive to hear.

I had a corp rate for one room and my friends/family rate for second, so we wound up with a Suite and connecting 2 Q room for very little money, but even the member rates I was seeing are totally reasonable for what you get here.
SanDiego1K likes this.

Last edited by stephem; Jan 5, 2023 at 11:44 am
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:48 pm

I heard the club lounge doesn’t serve cocktails, is that true?
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:26 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I really loved my stay at the Ritz-Carlton Amman and would highly recommend the property. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Upgraded the day before arrival to a Ritz-Carlton Suite, which is the base suite tier with a living room / bedroom partition vs. full separation - despite this, I found the suite very well-laid-out with lots of furniture and a very spacious bathroom
  • Bed was absurdly comfortable with mega-plush pillows, plush covers, and a very plush mattress
  • Shower pressure from the rainfall head was pleasant and effective
  • TVs had Internet TV OS with YouTube
  • Automated curtain controls
  • Really nice styling throughout the suite
  • Nice turndown service with chocolates provided
  • Fun view watching the cars go through the intersection at Fifth Circle
  • Lots of international outlets
  • Working 110 V outlet for toothbrushes and shavers in the bathroom
  • Service was very nice
    • Assistant front office manager came up to me at check-in to welcome me and give me his business card
    • Told my benefit was 4 PM late checkout - I left around 2:30 PM and never heard a knock
    • They wouldn't let me pour my own front desk orange juice - knowing my clumsiness, that was a good call
    • Agent at check-out had a 5-minute conversation with me about all of the countries I had visited and mentioned how good travel is for the soul (I'm inclined to agree)
    • Bell staff was very friendly
  • Given a voucher for a free cocktail in the cigar lounge (supposedly because I had to wait 10 minutes for my suite to be ready) - the staff at the cigar lounge told me to get whatever I wanted from the menu and recommended the Virginia's Ruin when I asked for something sweet - it's not what I would usually pick (I normally go for drinks that are pink), but it was really tasty - they also brought out some delicious salted nuts - I ate all of the almonds
  • Brought an absolutely amazing welcome gift of some delicious SALTED CARAMEL TRUFFLES (where the caramel was good and soft and not chewy) along with some dates and fruit
  • I asked about the breakfast options at check-in and was told that Elites could get a discount on the buffet at check-in and get it for 17 JOD (about 24 USD) - I think they said the buffet is normally either 24 or 25 JOD - I thought this sounded reasonable for a breakfast, so I took them up on the offer (note I know this isn't really a pro because it would be better if breakfast was included for Elites at RC, but alas)
    • I'm glad I did this as breakfast at Ambros was really good
    • Nice buffet plus lots of made-to-order options on a provided menu
    • DELICIOUS CHEESE FLATBREAD (PIZZA AT BREAKFAST)
    • Really good and pretty cappuccinos that weren't from a machine
    • Tasty salmon benedict
    • Yummy pancakes (also on the buffet), but mine were quite soft and warm
    • Very friendly service
Cons:
  • They forgot (or chose not to) charge my credit card at check-in so called me in the room upon arrival to ask if they could charge the one on file (at least, they didn't ask me to come down to the desk)
  • Wi-Fi was bad for uploading photos to FlyerTalk (seriously, though it worked for everything else)
  • One of the body wash bottles in the shower was missing its seal so had likely been used prior (this brand has seals under the lids for their single-user toiletries)
Overall, I would not hesitate to return to this very comfortable property.

Photos:

​​​​​​​
DELee, strayersong and yscleo like this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 8:36 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Leopardz
I heard the club lounge doesn’t serve cocktails, is that true?
If that was ever the case in the past, then it is most definitely not true now. The staff can make cocktails, in addition they also have pre-mixed cocktails.

yscleo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.