Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Quebec City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2005, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club

Does anyone have information about the new or rebranded Four Points in Quebec City opening this summer?
Old Jun 4, 2005, 7:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, HHonors Gold, PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, A-Club Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
Does anyone have information about the new or rebranded Four Points in Quebec City opening this summer?
No information available about that on SPG.com.

However, some informations about a new Starwood hotel was published this week in a weekly financial paper (Les Affaires). This is effectively a Four Points but it is located in the heart of Levis on the south shore of Saint Lawrence River facing Quebec city. In its first phase, the hotel will have 100 rooms and will be part of a convention center. The opening is scheduled for fall 2006 (so no SPG properties available this summer in the area). A second phase will add 50 more rooms to the hotel. The hotel will be operated by Four Points but each room will be sold to individual investors in a condo hotel formula. The location seems good in the historical part of Levis and not far from a ferry crossing to Old Quebec. Alternatively, it is about a 20 minutes drive.

It's about time that Starwood operates a property in this market (more than 600000 peoples in the area and Quebec City is a major touristic destination).
The average price for a hotel room is quite high in summer and the region can easily increase its hotel capacity without problem.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
What's a Hotel/Condo??? A building with hotel rooms and residences in it???
Old Jun 4, 2005, 11:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
yes...generally the individual investors put their unit into the rental pool of hotel rooms for at least a portion of the year - It depends on the terms of the sale to the investors.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 12:14 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world

Yep, this is fast becoming *wood's new profit model for new properties. This is happening in at least a dozen cities around the planet, including mine in Portland Maine where a new Westin will be built with adjacent Westin Condos for sale. I think *Wood finds that they maximize their total profit by entering CERTAIN markets this way. This allows for a smaller Westin than normal, but with the same array of amenities that would be expected of a larger facility.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 9:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, HHonors Gold, PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, A-Club Plat, Hyatt Plat
A new Four Points in Charlesbourg, QC

I just saw an advertisement in a Quebec summer vacation guide for a new Four Points located in Charlesbourg at 10 minutes from Old Quebec. The following link provides more information: www.lemarigot.com The English version of this website is still to be developped. In the French version, they don't even mentionned under which brand the hotel will be operated. As I mentionned in a previous post, neither SPG.com or FourPoints website have any indication about this hotel. Anyway, the FourPoints corporate logo is used in the advertisement, so I presume that their website isn't updated yet.

The hotel will have 102 rooms and will be part of a complex including a 18 holes golf (to be opened in 2006) and 238 residential condominiums units. It will also includes a restaurant (Le Griffé), a bar and some meeting rooms with a capacity of up to 400 peoples. The hotel rooms size varies from 319 to 539 square foot. The official opening is scheduled for this summer but no exact date is provided.

Here is the adress and phone number for more information:
7900, rue du Marigot
Québec, QC G1G 6T8
1-866-627-8008
Old Aug 24, 2005, 2:51 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Post Four Points by Sheraton Expands in Canada with Opening of Quebec City Hotel

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050824/245626.html?.v=1

Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Four Points by Sheraton Expands in Canada with Opening of Quebec City Hotel
Wednesday August 24, 3:54 pm ET
New City Resort is Located Just Minutes Away from Old Quebec City, Considered the "Cradle of French Civilization in North America"

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 24, 2005-- Four Points by Sheraton, Starwood Hotels & Resorts' moderately-priced brand, announces the opening of the Four Points by Sheraton Quebec in Quebec's historic provincial capital of Quebec City. The hotel features 102 rooms, with nearly half of the rooms designated as suites and many of the guestrooms containing cozy fireplaces. Considered a city resort, the Four Points by Sheraton Quebec also offers an outdoor pool with year-round use and a spectacular Phil Watson-designed 18-hole golf course scheduled to open in 2006 with development of the golf course already underway. Quebec-based Hotel & Golf Marigot, Inc. is the property owner for the Four Points by Sheraton Quebec.

"We've been interested in developing properties in the Quebec City area for a long time," said Hoyt Harper, II, senior vice president, Four Points by Sheraton. "This new hotel is an outstanding example of the brand expanding into highly desired urban destinations. Quebec City and its environs offer the best of both New and Old World charm because of its historical and cultural attractions. Guests staying at the hotel will enjoy all the benefits and advantages of staying with a brand that offers the best in value and comfort."

The Four Points by Sheraton Quebec is a city resort property only eight minutes from historic Old Quebec City and ideally located adjacent to the picturesque Quebec Zoological Garden. Business and leisure amenities abound. Complimentary high-speed Internet access is available throughout the entire property, along with an on-site, full service business center. The property is an ideal venue for corporate meetings, gala events and social functions, offering 5,400 square feet of flexible meeting space, and capacity for up to 300 in a stylish banquet setting.

Other property highlights include a 130-seat fine dining restaurant-bar with a 60-seat outside terrace. Lake Beauport is a short 10-minute drive away for aquatic and winter sports enthusiasts or those just wishing to soak up more of the province's incredible natural scenic beauty.

The hotel features the brand's new Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed, a multi-layered, cozy ensemble designed to pamper guests. In addition to a duvet in a rich palette of colors matching each hotel's decor, the bed features a plush mattress and a welcoming quartet of pillows for relaxing that includes two feather/down sleeping pillows and two oversized lounging pillows. Additional bed components include a bed skirt, mattress pad, plush blanket, and a decorative pillow featuring the brand's signature compass logo.

Four Points by Sheraton understands the needs of their customers by delivering a set of values that are both honest and uncomplicated and that offer a new kind of style and comfort. The brand's current global expansion and development includes choice urban and resort markets such as Soho Village (New York City); Birmingham, Alabama; Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; Shenzhen, China; Cocoa Beach, Florida; and Puerto Rico.

Four Points by Sheraton, with more than 130 properties in 18 countries, is owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. and is consistently rated as a top performer in the mid-priced category by Business Travel News' "Annual U.S. Hotel Chain Survey." Four Points by Sheraton offers the self-sufficient traveler a new kind of style and comfort combined with a spirited "can-do" service - all at an honest value. Four Points by Sheraton hotels are located at airports, in mid-sized cities, leisure destinations, and business and commercial centers. Four Points by Sheraton hotels cater to business and leisure travelers as well as meeting planners seeking a quality, mid-priced and value-oriented product. In addition to complimentary high-speed Internet access, key features include an on-premise restaurant serving cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary bottled water, room service with a 30-minute delivery guarantee, swimming pools, fitness facilities, business services and meeting space with catering facilities.

Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 8:36 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Paging Starwood Lurker

SL,

Any opening dates? Some conflicting information between info on this thread and the official statement, but when I tried some dates between now and the end of the year, got the

" No hotels were found in the location you entered.
Please search a different location."

Could it be that the hotel is not loaded yet into the system for reservation? Or is it that the hotel will open only in 2006?

Looking forward to read your response, as Quebec City is a destination where I go at least twice a month, so it would be nice to finally stay at an SPG property!
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:17 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HLT Honors, DL PLT but missing NWA terribly.
Originally Posted by sbtinme
Yep, this is fast becoming *wood's new profit model for new properties. This is happening in at least a dozen cities around the planet, including mine in Portland Maine where a new Westin will be built with adjacent Westin Condos for sale. I think *Wood finds that they maximize their total profit by entering CERTAIN markets this way. This allows for a smaller Westin than normal, but with the same array of amenities that would be expected of a larger facility.
It also allows developers to build using someone else's money (from advance condo sales) and to get their remaining cash out of a building as quick as possible.

From all that I've read, Starwood is only managing all of these types of projects - I can't recall seeing the last time they actually built a new hotel using their own money.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:25 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Super Larry
SL,

Any opening dates? Some conflicting information between info on this thread and the official statement, but when I tried some dates between now and the end of the year, got the

" No hotels were found in the location you entered.
Please search a different location."

Could it be that the hotel is not loaded yet into the system for reservation? Or is it that the hotel will open only in 2006?

Looking forward to read your response, as Quebec City is a destination where I go at least twice a month, so it would be nice to finally stay at an SPG property!
The property database has not even been built by DMG yet. Other than this, I don't have any information I can offer. Is there contact information in the press release? This might be the best source of information at this time.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:06 am

Just called in at 1-866-627-8008 (thanks to Nomade) Was greeted by a Thank you for calling the Four Points Quebec City!!

The hotel has been operating for the last month but only got the 4P banner last wenesday (Aug 24th)

Special intro rate of 89$CAN until Sept 2nd. Booked a room on Sept 4th at 109$CAN for the Labor Day weekend.

Starwood Lurker :

The folks at the hotel were quite surprised when I told them they were not in the database for reservations yet. I just checked again few minutes ago and the hotel is not in the database yet.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 10:22 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Super Larry
...The folks at the hotel were quite surprised when I told them they were not in the database for reservations yet. I just checked again few minutes ago and the hotel is not in the database yet.
Yes, I can imagine that must have been quite a surprise. No doubt they will be contacting the appropriate people at Starwood to get that fixed.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Sep 2, 2005, 12:03 pm

Quebec Four Points is now available for booking through SPG.com

^
Old Sep 23, 2005, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

We need a Starwood in downtown Quebec City or in the Vieux-Québec.
Quebec City is one of the most beautiful city in North America and a big tourist destination. So what's the problem? What is Starwood waiting for? A Starwood in the suburb is a start, but we want one in the center of it all. Com'on Starwood, please!
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Any reports?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.