Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, NJ [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, NJ [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Follow-up question (in hopes someone sees this): is it worth using a SNA here? I won't be spending a ton of time on the property but they'll expire if I don't use them. They list a "conference suite" and a "junior suite" as options, along with "deluxe rooms" (for which I wouldn't use the SNAs).

-J.
If your sna will expire, you might as well use it. personally the suites are nothing to write home about at this property, but use it or lose it, so may as well use it..
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by 1mileman
If your sna will expire, you might as well use it. personally the suites are nothing to write home about at this property, but use it or lose it, so may as well use it..
I have until EOY but I am just not sure how much I'll be traveling. Personally I'd rather save them than "waste" them here.

-J.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
I have until EOY but I am just not sure how much I'll be traveling. Personally I'd rather save them than "waste" them here.

-J.
So how did things go at this property?

David
Old Aug 12, 2022, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by DELee
So how did things go at this property?

David
Your method was not successful I did however get upgraded into a deluxe king room (happened to be a corner room), but perhaps most significantly they allowed me to check in at 7:30 in the morning!

Nice rooms, nice staff, very convenient to the office and the town. Next time I'm there for work I'll more than likely be staying here again.

-J.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Your method was not successful
I guess we don't get to see how you were dressed at 7:30 AM. Assume you didn't bring your office posse with you to indicate the need to hold a meeting...

I did however get upgraded into a deluxe king room (happened to be a corner room), but perhaps most significantly they allowed me to check in at 7:30 in the morning!

Nice rooms, nice staff, very convenient to the office and the town. Next time I'm there for work I'll more than likely be staying here again.

-J.
And no need to apply SNAs. Good stuff!

David
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by DELee
I guess we don't get to see how you were dressed at 7:30 AM. Assume you didn't bring your office posse with you to indicate the need to hold a meeting...
I had requested the upgrade via chat, but I was in business casual. I definitely was not expecting a free suite upgrade 8ish hours ahead of published check-in.

-J.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Just completing a second stay at the Westin Governor Morris hotel (a one night stopover with the kids en-route to Boston).

All in all not as impressed with the hotel as I was my last stay about 10 years ago. The hotel is clean but the rooms are starting show their age a bit. Services are meh….. Titanium benefits are lackluster. This winter they apparently downgraded from offering a free full breakfast to only continental. The Blue Morel is a nice restaurant but prices are high. The downgrade in titanium benefits is sad since they don’t have a lounge at all.

I did use an SNA and got upgraded to the conference room. But upon check-in I was out in a junior suite. As a previous poster noted - nothing to write home about!

things could be worse but another reminder of why I’ve switched loyalty to Hyatt. Would stay at the Hyatt in Morristown in the future

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.