Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Westminster (Denver) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Westminster (Denver) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2005, 9:49 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TimMeineke
If I'm staying in Denver for five days, is it worth it to switch to this hotel to get closer to the mountains for a couple of days, or should I stay in the Tabor Center the entire time?
If you happen to be working in Denver, you definitely don't want to take this approach, as the drive into downtown is ugly if you can't use the express lane.

Since the remodel last year of the Tabor Center, I think it is fine -- quite comfortable, in fact. The rooms are definitely larger than Westminster. and you have way more walkable options in terms of food & drink. As Platinum, upgrades are extremely rare at either property so I wouldn't let that issue factor into the decision, regardless of your SPG level.
Old May 17, 2005, 2:07 am

Well, I didn't get to go after all (work). Mrs Da5id is there now for a 5 day conference though. She was bumped up to the Preferred Guest (10th floor), which I guess is better than her counterparts with no status. She said she has been impressed with the service so far.

Thanks to everyone who replied.
Old Oct 7, 2006, 11:07 pm

Any recent experiences?

Hey - does anyone have any recent experiences they could share on this property? I'm heading to Denver to see the Avs/Oilers and while I know it's aways from the Pepsi Center, we're in Boulder for some gliding. I'm only gold and I think the reservations agent was able to secure a Guest Office Room. I have no need for the office equipment, but are these rooms generally nicer and on higher floors? Thanks for any comments!
Old Oct 8, 2006, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I was there is July. An early poster on this thread mentioned the hum on the 12th floor - it's part of the building ventilation system and is annoying indeed. I'm a Plat and got the eastern plains/mall view room, a corner but far from special. No exec lounge. This property has a lot of function rooms and was quite busy during my stay.

Unless location convenience were superior or the rate highly competitive I would find little reason to return.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 10:24 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I travel to Boulder quite often on business (most recently two weeks ago), and prefer this Westin to even the closer Renaissance and other non-Starwood properties. Nice rooms, great restaurant (called "O") and good ambience all around. Friendly staff.

True, upgrades are basically to the same room with a better view or a higher floor, but all in all, a pleasant property.
Old Oct 3, 2008, 5:14 pm

recent experiences?

Seems like no one has posted on this in a couple years. Anyone know of any renovations? Updates?

Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2008, 7:49 pm

Programs: SPG, AA: PLAT; Hilton: Diamon, UAL: Premier Exec; IC_PriClub; 308 hours flying Boeing 707's
Visited May '08

I was there in May '08. Staff was helpful, Saturday at 10 AM the hotel was swamped by 1. About 75 little girls there for a beauty pageant 2. At least one wedding (maybe two based on the number of people in tuxedos). Rooms were basic Westin, upgrade was not worth mentioning (wasn't sure it was an upgrade, but they didn't seem to have much selection), they said they ony have 3 or 4 suites and those go to groups/weddings. Facility was nice and it felt pleasant to be back so far from the road (hotel is on some nice acreage with a park nearby to run in). Gym was good. Hot tub is nice and overlooks the entry, but is private. Restaurant had a good atmosphere. The hotel staff was helpfu, though busy on Saturday AMl. It has kept up well and is a decent hotel.

-- CaptainG
Old Oct 5, 2008, 1:48 am

stayed there 2 weeks ago. I liked this property a lot, I actually liked the area more than downtown Denver. I got suite upgrade on top floor with really nice view of fountain. Cheese, grapes and biscuits was delivered to the room with a welcome note from the manager. The hotel was almost empty during my visit.
I had a dinner with friends at the hotel restaurant we were seated by the fire, great food and relaxing dining experience.
I would definitely stay at this hotel if my travel brings me back to Denver.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:17 am

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
Note - I'm checking back in to this thread to say i was there as it was being upgraded/rennovated.

Long story short, they were redoing all the finishing from shiny brass to a muted gun-metal finish. Gave the place more of a luxe look then a "hoity old hotel" look.

Overall, good service and stay, maid service a little slow (5 in the afternoon or later some days).

There's pretty much nothing else around it, but the view toward the mountains is nice.
Old May 11, 2009, 9:30 pm

no gold upgrade but offered to upgrade for a fee?

I checked in to the Westminster Westin tonight having booked 2 rooms.

I'm gold and when checking in I asked if these were rooms on the SPG floor - was told no.

I asked if there were rooms available on that floor, was told yes and that I could upgrade for a charge !?!

I asked if an upgrade was available for Gold and was told that these rooms weren't for gold status level and that my room was basically the same.

My coworker and I were checking in late to what looked like a very dead hotel so I doubt there was a train of Plats coming in any moment.

Not my usual SPG experience.
Old May 11, 2009, 9:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by travelinjoe
I asked if an upgrade was available for Gold and was told that these rooms weren't for gold status level and that my room was basically the same.
In my experience, not 'basically' -- they are the same. You're not missing anything.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:28 pm

Recent stays? I'm thinking about a weekend layover here between work in Denver and Boulder. Sounds like I should keep my (Plat) expectations low.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Last time I stayed as a plat, I got an envelope at check in offering me a free drink at the bar. Did anyone else get this?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Stayed here this week. Upgraded to a corner room on the 10th floor with a Mountain view. Not a huge room by any standards, but they are lacking in the suite department. View was of a dirt construction site with mountains far in the background. It's across the street from a mall with every fast casual restaurant known to man, but the area was rather lacking in real restaurants. The restaurant downstairs was a SW/Mexican theme, which is new. Upon checkin, I got a card welcoming me back (I stayed once before) and I got two free drink coupons checking in which were good for beer, wine or house margarita. The draft beer they had was one of the few in my life I actually was able to tolerate with out doing a spit take I will say that the menu is expensive by Denver standards.
One brief note...the bus to the airport (AB) stops one exit away, so you'll need to transfer to another bus (BV) or get the shuttle to pick up. The shuttle was very busy both times I called for it, and they don't take single person reservations for it.
The hotel has a dog, Westy, which you can pet upon walking through the lobby, which is a nice quirk. The hotel has a very earthy/rustic theme. The aloft down the road is one of the few in the system that has suites, and is usually much cheaper, so consider that as an option, but I enjoyed my stay here and would return.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: AA PLT; SPG PLT
Does anyone else find it odd that this property's site has photos of at least two suites, but they are not offered for sale at all? They aren't even listed as "call for availability;" the highest room category on any date range is the WestinWorkout room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.