Westin Westminster (Denver) [Master Thread]

Old May 12, 03, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Arrow Westin Westminster (Denver) [Master Thread]

I've got a stay at the Westin Westminster in CO later this month. Does anyone know if there are any suites with 2 beds available for upgrade? How's this property when it comes to Platinum Recognition? Is there a Club Room with refreshments? Thanks for your input!!
Old May 12, 03, 12:48 am

Programs: AS MVP, DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titnmn, IHG IC, Hertz PC, National EE
I've been told that there are only a couple of suites at this hotel. I've stayed twice -- once on a slow week -- and never been upgraded.

No club floor. Normal platinum recognition and amenity.

The rooms are nice, and it's a nice hotel.
Old May 12, 03, 4:23 pm

There should be plenty of related info in previous threads - I think there are at least 2-3 threads with Westminster info. (Search for Colorado or Denver Starwoods.)

FWIW, even if you don't get a suite here, it's a GREAT Westin. I would stay there any day over any Starwood property in the Denver metro area, even if you have to drive and don't mind being in a newer suburban area.

[This message has been edited by Pietro (edited 05-12-2003).]
Old May 12, 03, 5:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Stayed twice. Upgraded once. It's a beautiful hotel.
Old May 12, 03, 5:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP, DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titnmn, IHG IC, Hertz PC, National EE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Pietro:
There should be plenty of related info in previous threads - I think there are at least 2-3 threads with Westminster info. (Search for Colorado or Denver Starwoods.)

FWIW, even if you don't get a suite here, it's a GREAT Westin. I would stay there any day over any Starwood property in the Denver metro area, even if you have to drive and don't mind being in a newer suburban area.

[This message has been edited by Pietro (edited 05-12-2003).]
</font>
I actually prefer the Sheraton Tech Center. It's in a more central location, is less expensive, and the club rooms (free breakfast and snacks) are very nice.
Old May 13, 03, 7:42 pm

Good call on the Sheraton Tech Center -- it has been my other choice for Denver when the Westminster was out of my travel budget. The location is a much shorter drive to downtown, and the property is very nice as I recall...probably one of the best U.S. Sheratons where I have stayed.

Old Mar 28, 05, 11:26 am

Westin Westminster (Denver)

Hi, Anyone have recent experience with this hotel, particularly upgrade for Golds? Any restaurant rec's? Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 05, 12:15 pm

Programs: NW Gold; HH Diamond; looking at SPG Blue card and sighing longingly
It's a really nice suburban hotel. I was consistently able to get "upgraded" to top floor, but never got a suite. Watch out for a weird hum on one side of the 12th floor.

Restaurants are pretty bland there. O's in the Westin Lobby is the classiest choice.
Old Mar 28, 05, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Westin Westminster

A great hotel and all about location location location!

Regarding upgrades, the most I have ever been able to get is a mountain view room. Go in with little expectations and you will not be disapointed.

Regarding restaurants, there are quite a few choices and more. The hotel is located at Westminster Pavillions which have a number of restaurant choices as well as an ice skating rink, AMC 24 movieplex, indoor skatepark and Dave & Busters all within a very short walk. There is also the Butterfly Pavillion accros the street which is great fun with kids tagging along. A nice pond/laje is outside of the hotel and night time walks are quite fun.

Enjoy!
Old Mar 28, 05, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA, HH, SPG
As Gold, we were "upgraded" to a special SPG floor. Unfortunately, they use some of the rooms on this floor as corporate meeting rooms. We were next door to one, which they began servicing every morning they were there at 7 am for a meeting that began at 8 am. Not exactly what we hoped for at the beginning of our Colorado vacation.
Old Mar 28, 05, 9:40 pm

There's plenty of threads about this hotel, that I wish we could actually find. Search being down is getting really old. Anyways, there's only a few suites at this hotel so don't go in with the thought of being upgraded to anything but a nicer floor and view.

It's a nice hotel though. Not my favorite in Denver but close to it.
Old Mar 30, 05, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; SPG Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I live just a few miles from the Westin Westminster but had a free night to burn that I would otherwise lose at the end of March. I'm Platinum. According to the front desk, my wife and I were upgraded to a corner room with a view of the eastern plains. (Oh boy!). It seemed very small to me, especially for a suburban hotel. I wasn't at all impressed with the hotel.

I've stayed in other Westins that were much more impressive, and even a few Sheratons that I thought were superior to the Westminster Westin. My wife and I stayed once at the Westin in downtown Denver and received a nice spacious room...I was much more impressed with it.
Old May 15, 05, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
If I'm staying in Denver for five days, is it worth it to switch to this hotel to get closer to the mountains for a couple of days, or should I stay in the Tabor Center the entire time?
Old May 15, 05, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by TimMeineke
If I'm staying in Denver for five days, is it worth it to switch to this hotel to get closer to the mountains for a couple of days, or should I stay in the Tabor Center the entire time?
If you are going up I70 to Winter Park, Vail, etc., then the downtown location is probably more convenient to the mountains. If you are going mountain biking in Boulder, etc., then Westminster is closer.

I am not a fan of the Tabor Center Westin, but Denver is miles ahead of Westminster in terms of things to do and places to eat.
Old May 16, 05, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, *wood Plat, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by TimMeineke

Our Plat upgrade was to a mountain view room. Rooms are a bit on the small size. This property seems to be all about view. With closed drapes this is no value.

Wed avoid this property unless location mitigates the its shortcomings.

Search this Thread