Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:02 pm

That would probably explain why the Sheraton Seattle was the most expensive for my dates out of the 3 I was looking at: Sheraton, W, and Westin.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by clooz
That would probably explain why the Sheraton Seattle was the most expensive for my dates out of the 3 I was looking at: Sheraton, W, and Westin.
While Seattle is the rare town where IMO Sheraton >>> Westin in terms of quality, I'd happily chose the W over either at similar redemption levels.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Ambassador Platinum
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
While Seattle is the rare town where IMO Sheraton >>> Westin in terms of quality, I'd happily chose the W over either at similar redemption levels.
This is good to hear. I'm a fan of most W Hotels and have chosen the W Seattle for a 4-night stay with my girlfriend coming up in April.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: SPG
I prefer the W to the Sheraton in Seattle. It's not the fanciest hotel in the world, but it is nice and comfortable and the customer service is pretty strong. I had two stays where I had to leave early (one was literally telling them at 2pm I am checking out now instead of next day), and they fully reimbursed me, even though I did not expect that. I really appreciated that. It's also one of the few locations where the keyless feature works well for me.

There was one stay where I ordered room service for breakfast twice in a row, and they were late both times (I ordered t the night before for a specific time), so I wasn't able to actually eat it. They did compensate me though.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Ambassador Platinum
Just finished a 4 night stay at the W Seattle and what a nice property! My girlfriend and I were doing touristy things in Seattle but really loved our stay at the property. Highly recommend taking the breakfast amenity as it essentially allows $17 in credit each morning at the restaurant, Trace, which goes a long way.

The room was pretty standard size with a pretty normal city view. Only slight negative I could think of would be that the bathroom is more of a standard hotel room bathroom than a stylish W bathroom, but meh, it's still functional. Also parking at the hotel overnight is a ridiculous $68!

Otherwise, the staff and the hotel are super! Highly recommend it and if I'm ever back in Seattle, I know where I'll first look to stay.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by pitpit
Just finished a 4 night stay at the W Seattle and what a nice property! My girlfriend and I were doing touristy things in Seattle but really loved our stay at the property. Highly recommend taking the breakfast amenity as it essentially allows $17 in credit each morning at the restaurant, Trace, which goes a long way.

The room was pretty standard size with a pretty normal city view. Only slight negative I could think of would be that the bathroom is more of a standard hotel room bathroom than a stylish W bathroom, but meh, it's still functional. Also parking at the hotel overnight is a ridiculous $68!

Otherwise, the staff and the hotel are super! Highly recommend it and if I'm ever back in Seattle, I know where I'll first look to stay.
IIRC, a few years ago this was the red-headed stepchild of the W institution... Drab rooms (IIRC, beige bed scarves?!) and lacked the real essence of what Ws around the world are.

Sort of a shame for Seattle given the location. Glad to hear that it's much better now (and I see the rooms have been redone and look much nicer than before).
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Westin Bellevue is the only SPG property in the Seattle area that I genuinely like, and it's quite expensive during the week. I stay at 4 Points Seatac a lot (it's gone downhill, but is pretty convenient). The 4pts Bellingham and 4Pts Downtown Seattle are decent. Sheraton Bellevue is often very cheap but has horrible HVAC and is generally meh. My preference is probably W Seattle, Sheraton Seattle, and Westin Seattle, in that order, but none of them are great. Vancouver, BC has such nicer options with Starwood, or non-starwood hotels in Seattle (Kimpton).

I'm looking forward to the Element Redmond, Aloft Redmond, and W Bellevue, though. Or switching to Marriott options in 2018 if the programs have merged enough, or finally buying a house here (I nominally live in Redmond but only spend ~30 days/yr here, so I am technically homeless.)
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
Westin Bellevue is the only SPG property in the Seattle area that I genuinely like, and it's quite expensive during the week. I stay at 4 Points Seatac a lot (it's gone downhill, but is pretty convenient). The 4pts Bellingham and 4Pts Downtown Seattle are decent. Sheraton Bellevue is often very cheap but has horrible HVAC and is generally meh. My preference is probably W Seattle, Sheraton Seattle, and Westin Seattle, in that order, but none of them are great. Vancouver, BC has such nicer options with Starwood, or non-starwood hotels in Seattle (Kimpton).

I'm looking forward to the Element Redmond, Aloft Redmond, and W Bellevue, though. Or switching to Marriott options in 2018 if the programs have merged enough, or finally buying a house here (I nominally live in Redmond but only spend ~30 days/yr here, so I am technically homeless.)
I agree with your ranking of the W Seattle, Sheraton Seattle, and Westin Seattle, especially since the Sheraton has renovated rooms (on a few floors) now that are generally quite nice.

I'm surprised you like the Westin Bellevue (and for that matter, the 4PTs SeaTac and Downtown Seattle, haha) as I think it's a decent property, but commands way too high of a price for what it is. Sheraton Bellevue is also pretty meh... I'm surprised they haven't redone the place (IIRC it was just renovated a few years ago... but I don't think they really did a great job).

The Vancouver, BC Westin and Sheraton are quite nice (on the Hilton side, even the Hampton Inn in Vancouver, BC is a step above any other Hampton I've ever stayed at).

W Bellevue supposedly will be quite nice but the price is quite high ($450+ a night normally it seems).
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Weekend rates at the Westin Bellevue are often low ($90-150), and free parking, great breakfast -- and the mall it's connected to has an Apple store, a Microsoft store, and Din Tai Fung. I'd reliably get an exec suite, too. And great staff, the best of any SPG property up here IMO.

I like the Airport 4pts because it was around $80/night on AAA often, and because it is a convenient place to leave my car when flying out of town. (The best thing was Sheraton Vancouver Airport -- they had a 21 day parking included package so I had a stay on the way in and on the way out and left my car parked there for 39 days while in Europe at the end of 2016). Also *love* Element Metrotown. Used to love the Sheraton Guildford because as a category 2 it was underpriced.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:38 pm

Weekend rates at the Westin Bellevue are often low ($90-150), and free parking, great breakfast -- and the mall it's connected to has an Apple store, a Microsoft store, and Din Tai Fung. I'd reliably get an exec suite, too. And great staff, the best of any SPG property up here IMO.

I like the Airport 4pts because it was around $80/night on AAA often, and because it is a convenient place to leave my car when flying out of town. (The best thing was Sheraton Vancouver Airport -- they had a 21 day parking included package so I had a stay on the way in and on the way out and left my car parked there for 39 days while in Europe at the end of 2016). Also *love* Element Metrotown. Used to love the Sheraton Guildford because as a category 2 it was underpriced.
Ah yes weekends the Westin Bellevue is much more affordable. The $300-$400 it charges during the week is IMHO way overpriced (but given the companies in the vicinity immediately surrounding it, I understand why.).
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:17 pm

I came here in search for the best and most affordable downtown Seattle hotel. I believe that I have even though they're still a bit too steep for me.
But I seem to have stumbled onto a bit more, or close anyway, of info that I have been seeking. That concerns places such as Bellevue. I'm trying to find out what are the closest SPG properties from downtown Seattle with public transportation or Lyft/Uber friendly costs please?
Going there for a surprise wedding anniversary 9/27-10/2 (Eagles & Doobie Bros concert @ Safeco Field).
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Stay at an SPG property near the airport and use Link Light Rail to get to the concert and back, plus to get downtown for whatever tourist things you want to do.

Neil
mommafrica likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
All three are up and running! Stayed at the W (not particularly recommended over the Westin) and the Element (recommended).
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
All three are up and running! Stayed at the W (not particularly recommended over the Westin) and the Element (recommended).
Why do you feel the W is not recommended over the Westin (assuming you are talking about both Bellevue properties)?

Not a derogatory comment, just genuinely interested in your thoughts.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
They play games with Platinum breakfast benefit, as well as not crediting dining at their restaurant, requiring retroactive credit request. The in-room glass shower cubicle is a bit ... odd as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.