Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Woodsmit
Late Checkout Policy

Late Checkouts are subject to availability. Please note the following fees:

Between 11am and 12pm: Complimentary
Between 12pm and 2pm: 40 USD + tax
Between 2pm and 4pm: 99 USD + tax
After 4pm: One night room rate, tax and Resort Fee

Resort Fee

The resort has a mandatory 25 USD per day Resort Fee plus taxes. The Resort Fee covers in-room High Speed Internet Access, 2 bottles of water daily, unlimited access to full-service health club, unlimited domestic long distance (US mainland) and local calls, tennis equipment and access to the lighted courts, seasonal pool access and recreational activities. The Resort Fee was waived for SPG Platinums for reservations made prior to December 6th 2016, but the Resort Fee will be applied to subsequent SPG Platinum guest reservations at a slightly reduced rate of $20 per day.
Print Wikipost

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Can only answer the part about the Friendship Boats - the answer to that is no.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 6:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus
How are they handling the platinum breakfast amenity? (Coupon for cafe or restaurant if open)

Are the friendship boats still running on same schedule? (Not running at all)

Are pools open? (Most pools are open)

Any recent travel reports from Swan/Dolphin are appreciated.
. Way under staffed, was ok - but missing the magic.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 10:41 am

What is the standard discount on the resort fee for platinums? Are they waiving or reducing it further due to less amenities due to covid? Do they still charge a parking AND resort fee, which is ridiculous?
Old Aug 20, 2020, 11:56 am

Suite Night Upgrades - Swan

Was booked for Dolphin for September just received email being moved to Swan. I had submitted for Suite Night Upgrades for our stay. Reservation states still pending. Any one have luck getting these to go through? None of my stays this summer have they been accepted. I have 10 expiring end of year that now seem worthless.

What other benefits exist for Titanium at this property?
Old Aug 20, 2020, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Tmstewar2
Was booked for Dolphin for September just received email being moved to Swan. I had submitted for Suite Night Upgrades for our stay. Reservation states still pending. Any one have luck getting these to go through? None of my stays this summer have they been accepted. I have 10 expiring end of year that now seem worthless.

I believe they still give out a small silver “Mickey” logo pin that you can wear so staff can identify you for special treatment. I have a ton of them

as for the SNA, don’t count on anything above a Governor’s Suite at the Swan (I got one once. Nice, but way too huge for one person).
Tmstewar2 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by jimrpa
I believe they still give out a small silver “Mickey” logo pin that you can wear so staff can identify you for special treatment. I have a ton of them

as for the SNA, don’t count on anything above a Governor’s Suite at the Swan (I got one once. Nice, but way too huge for one person).
this silver pin anew thing? I’ve stayed at the swan half a dozen times as a titanium and not once have I been given a pin. Last stay was in December
Old Aug 21, 2020, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Nuhusky
this silver pin anew thing? I’ve stayed at the swan half a dozen times as a titanium and not once have I been given a pin. Last stay was in December
I’ve gotten them on every stay for at least the last 4 years. Not sure if longer. A few other properties do something similar. The JW in Palm Springs gives Titaniums a little pin. Frankly, I never bother eating them.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 5:19 pm

Well I’m annoyed then. Where Is my dang pin
cawhite and EdV like this.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite

Your Suite Night Awards have had their expiration date extended to December 31, 2021.
Tmstewar2 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:53 am

you won’t clear your sna until 5 days prior to check in. That of course assumes available rooms. If your reservation is in sept you are too far out for confirmation of sna redemption
Tmstewar2 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
you won’t clear your sna until 5 days prior to check in. That of course assumes available rooms. If your reservation is in sept you are too far out for confirmation of sna redemption

Does anybody know how they’re handling Plat breakfasts?
cawhite and Tmstewar2 like this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
(Coupon for cafe or restaurant if open)
Tmstewar2 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 10:57 am

Do you know if the Dolphin is closed? If so, we will just book the Dolphin since it is cheaper if we are going to be switched to the Swan. What dates? We're going the last week of September. Also, do you know if they still reduce the resort fee for Plats?
Old Sep 8, 2020, 7:28 am

Staying at the swan now:
no pin (gone)
Dolphin is open
restaurants are open at reduced capacity
NO housekeeping! They claim you can request it on demand and they will clean your room. I requested, they did not. I pointed this out. $75 credit and promise to call housekeeping manager. Still no housekeeping. I think they’re trying to match the Disney hotels which aren’t doing housekeeping (as I understand it, they’re matching DVC)
Face mask compliance among guests is very good
no friendship boats. They do have busses as a substitute.
no suite upgrades (not SNAs, just suite upgrades) for LTT). I was “upgraded” to a larger king balcony room. I’m familiar with the rooms in the hotel. It’s a standard king balcony room. View of the dolphin and nothing else.

Swan reserve construction is going strong. Still on target for next year. Staff didn’t know how closely tied to Swan it would be (I specifically asked about upgrades from Swan to swan reserve. I’m sure that’s not happening.) looks very nice but definitely not the same style as swan dolphin. It’s the modern “mine craftsman” style.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by jonathansullivan
(Coupon for cafe or restaurant if open)
I called and they said $10/person. Is that true? If so that’s ridiculous, it probably doesn’t even buy an orange juice and Disney prices

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.