Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of July 2023, breakfast for Elites is in the restaurant (no welcome gift choice required), and evening cocktails are in the 3rd floor lounge. The lounge opens at 9 AM for beverage service.

Front Office e-mail: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978
I'll be staying there mid-June for a night and was wondering how often Plats get a suite upgrade? I found zero report in the Plat Upgrade Success thread...

If you really want the suite email the Director of Rooms (think the email is somewhere in the SPG reviews for the hotel).

Personal score - 1 of 4 (after emailing politely to ask for an upgrade because of family).
Old Jun 6, 2013, 3:19 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Krisflyer Gold
I'll be staying there mid-June for a night and was wondering how often Plats get a suite upgrade? I found zero report in the Plat Upgrade Success thread...
In 10 or so stays over the past few years I've been upgraded to a suite 4/5 times. Last visit (in Feb) I used a suite upgrade thingy for Mon/Tues and but not for the Sat Sun - I has two separate bookings. They gave me the upgrade for all four nights.

The newly furbished rooms are nice enough - much better than the old rooms. The suite I was in (Beijing?) was still unrenovated and stuffed full of over large furniture. I've been in three different suites and they were all like that. Still better than a regular renovated room, though.

I thought the drinks had improved in the lounge (wines used to be horrible) but it can get very busy at weekends.

We had switched to the St Regis but they're typically a little bit up their own ar**s and the weekend breakfast queue is always very annoying given it's a high-end hotel. The Sheraton is much improved though ymmv.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Thought I'd add that, while the location isn't the best (not bad, just not on Orchard Road or much walkable in the heat compared to more centrally-located Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, etc), the rooms need updating, and the pool is mostly a concrete area, I do like the Platinum Lounge on the 3rd floor--decent continental breakfast and plenty of drinks in (expensive) Singapore.
But the best thing is the gym--while compact, it's got nearly everything you'd need for a "real" workout--several cardio machines, plus free and machine weights. One of the most complete gyms in Singapore's hotels.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 5:30 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Didn't they just renovate the rooms?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by kyushuman
But the best thing is the gym--while compact, it's got nearly everything you'd need for a "real" workout--several cardio machines, plus free and machine weights. One of the most complete gyms in Singapore's hotels.
Well, it might be better than average for Singapore, but I remember thinking that it looked more complete than it actually was. Maybe they added a few pieces of equipment since I was there.

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Didn't they just renovate the rooms?
Yes, or at least renovations are in progress.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 3:50 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Just received an email today, my SNA request was granted and I am now getting an Executive Suite!

I did not want to risk not getting a suite for this stay

Location of this hotel is not that bad... it's only a few minutes walk to Newton MRT station which is only 1 stop away from Orchard station.
You can also use the MRT underpass and go across Scotts Rd and take a bus. Lots of them stop there and you can virtually reach any central location with the buses. It's just a bit complicated to read those maps. I use an app, GoThere.sg. Best thing ever in Singapore.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Just received an email today, my SNA request was granted and I am now getting an Executive Suite!

I did not want to risk not getting a suite for this stay

Location of this hotel is not that bad... it's only a few minutes walk to Newton MRT station which is only 1 stop away from Orchard station.
You can also use the MRT underpass and go across Scotts Rd and take a bus. Lots of them stop there and you can virtually reach any central location with the buses. It's just a bit complicated to read those maps. I use an app, GoThere.sg. Best thing ever in Singapore.
good point--I actually take the bus in Singapore as much or more than the MRT, since a) the MRT, unless it's a direct route, will take just as long if you're going between 2 city locations and b) The MRT is often crazy-busy. The bus will drop you in front of many useful places! Just learn to read the route map, and actually the bus stop always lists all of the stops the various buses make, so you can figure it out yourself. Just get a Singapore MRT card when you arrive at Changi, and fill it with some S$.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:41 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by kyushuman
good point--I actually take the bus in Singapore as much or more than the MRT, since a) the MRT, unless it's a direct route, will take just as long if you're going between 2 city locations and b) The MRT is often crazy-busy. The bus will drop you in front of many useful places! Just learn to read the route map, and actually the bus stop always lists all of the stops the various buses make, so you can figure it out yourself. Just get a Singapore MRT card when you arrive at Changi, and fill it with some S$.
Ask for an EZ-Link card.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA GS/2MM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Hi everyone, just curious about your experiences with the internet/wifi at the Sheraton Singapore, specifically the performance? I typically stay at the St. Regis, which is a nice hotel, but the internet speeds/latency are often poor there. Just wondering if I could expect a better experience at the Sheraton?

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: IHG Platinum AMBASSODOR, HHNOURS Gold, Krisflyer Member, SPG Gold Member
Originally Posted by rudling
Hi everyone, just curious about your experiences with the internet/wifi at the Sheraton Singapore, specifically the performance? I typically stay at the St. Regis, which is a nice hotel, but the internet speeds/latency are often poor there. Just wondering if I could expect a better experience at the Sheraton?

Thanks!
Too me i would still prefer SR over sheraton .. Maybe to me on my own opinion is because its a newer hotel than Sheraton (although they just had undergone a major reno) .. But SR still is located in a better location compared to Sheraton

Thanks,
Jon Heng
Old Jul 10, 2013, 6:58 pm

I was guaranteed an upgrade to a suite at the Sheraton for 3 days. I am aware that their suites do not have 2 beds however I do not wish to share a bed with my travel companion. Is there a way to get them to give us an adult cot? The alternative they said would be to pay 140 plus tax Singapore dollars which seems pretty steep.

On a separate note, I arrive at 8am. Should I let them know about this in advance or better to wait till I arrive? Nervous that they will put me in a regular room and call it a suite if they know I am checking in so early.

Last edited by awardticket; Jul 10, 2013 at 7:12 pm
Old Jul 10, 2013, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by awardticket
I was guaranteed an upgrade to a suite at the Sheraton for 3 days. I am aware that their suites do not have 2 beds however I do not wish to share a bed with my travel companion. Is there a way to get them to give us an adult cot? The alternative they said would be to pay 140 plus tax Singapore dollars which seems pretty steep.

On a separate note, I arrive at 8am. Should I let them know about this in advance or better to wait till I arrive? Nervous that they will put me in a regular room and call it a suite if they know I am checking in so early.

1. It does sound steep. I helped you call - a rollaway costs 80SGD++. Maybe you should enquire again. I'm sure the price should be the same whether it's a rollaway in a standard room or a suite, but I might be wrong.

2. If you arrive at 8am, are you expecting to be able to check-in immediately? If you haven't made prior arrangements be prepared to wait till 3pm. I don't know if telling them you are arriving so early will affect your chances of a suite, but since all their suites have 2 rooms (living + bdrm) you would be able to tell if you've been downgraded.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
1. It does sound steep. I helped you call - a rollaway costs 80SGD++. Maybe you should enquire again. I'm sure the price should be the same whether it's a rollaway in a standard room or a suite, but I might be wrong.

2. If you arrive at 8am, are you expecting to be able to check-in immediately? If you haven't made prior arrangements be prepared to wait till 3pm. I don't know if telling them you are arriving so early will affect your chances of a suite, but since all their suites have 2 rooms (living + bdrm) you would be able to tell if you've been downgraded.
I think I will email them instead of calling regarding the rollaway.

In terms of the suite that is a good point, as since they are 2 rooms they will have a hard time fooling me. Guess I will email them about my early arrival.

Trying to get a feel for the hotel size, is it huge? Any idea approx. how many floors?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 2:06 am

Google images is your friend.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/stock...el_right_view/
Old Jul 11, 2013, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.