Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:45 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pinniped
Ouch.

Any updated reviews of this hotel?

Planning a Sonoma trip later this summer. My choices appear to be this Sheraton at 7,000 pts/nt. or one of two nearby Hiltons for about $200-220/nt. with taxes. This Sheraton lists at $239/nt. before taxes, which means I'd probably use points for it.

I'm Gold with HH but may have just hit Diamond in time for this stay. Hard to say. Both of the two Hiltons (one's actually a Doubletree) get rather mediocre reviews.

The Renaissance nearby is going for insane prices - over $500/nt.

I hold no Hyatt status.

Mid-June...am I just stumbling onto max peak season for the wineries? I thought that was more like Sept/Oct.
This is a perfectly adequate franchise Sheraton. It is the only hotel among the ones you are considering that has a club lounge. I stayed at all three of the Sheraton, Doubletree, and Hilton this last weekend. The Doubletree is more centrally located. The Hilton has an even better location still. However, the water pressure at the Hilton and the service in the restaurant were lacking. I'll probably hit all three hotels next time I'm out there again. I suspect for what you are looking for, I would go with the Doubletree.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:35 pm

Just wanted to give an update on this property. They just updated the club lounge and reopened it at the end of July.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Plat
Another update for the club lounge at this property. Beer/wine is no longer complimentary, however, is priced reasonably at $4-5.

The gym also appears to be updated.

Service, while okay, is not what is used to be from even a year back. Not sure if this is just an off stay, however.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This was announced in advance on their website, with a starting date of October 1. I stayed there October 3 and had the impression that people weren't always being asked to pay for their wine in the lounge then, but I wasn't paying close attention after a bit of wine tasting that afternoon.

It's a nice Sheraton that doesn't have so much of the cookie cutter chain style in its building or rooms. However, its prices can seem high for a Sheraton at isn't near a major city.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 1:26 pm

I echo Artexon's view of the breakfast: Very poor, worse than what I'd expect at a Fairfield Inn or Springhill Suites. Grocery store sliced bread. No cut fruit (though some whole fruit). Plastic cups for juice. Our party of two took the last pastry at 9:40, for a breakfast service that was supposed to run until 10. No further pastries were offered. Oatmeal looked like it had been there for hours and was truly disgusting. Hard to think of a weaker Sheraton club breakfast I've seen anywhere.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 9:49 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bedelman
I echo Artexon's view of the breakfast: Very poor, worse than what I'd expect at a Fairfield Inn or Springhill Suites. Grocery store sliced bread. No cut fruit (though some whole fruit). Plastic cups for juice. Our party of two took the last pastry at 9:40, for a breakfast service that was supposed to run until 10. No further pastries were offered. Oatmeal looked like it had been there for hours and was truly disgusting. Hard to think of a weaker Sheraton club breakfast I've seen anywhere.
While I agree it is one of the weaker Sheraton Club Breakfasts, I'd still pick it over a Fairfield Inn / Springhill Suites / Courtyard / Hampton Inn any day.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by bedelman
That was our experience this time last year too. Other than that thoughwe were happy enough with the hotel itself.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:57 pm

We were there two week ago and the hotel rooms were nice. We had complimentary upgraded corner room. The front desk service was okay yet they were not prepared for the weekend conference and the conference attendees were pretty vocal about it; including not being adequately staffed to serve drinks and dinner one evening. The club is small yet nice with an outside sitting area for 6 people or so - yet the view of the marina with the highway in the background was not so great. The evening snack was very credible (pasta & salmon, large chicken wings). The breakfast did have cut fruit and whole fruit. The coffee machine worked well and there were nice pastries. If you are looking for anything other than hard boiled eggs; room serve is the way to go. It was okay when using points and if you are using the hotel as a way station to Napa/Sonoma; it is a reasonable value.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 1:05 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Just tried to check in tonight close to midnight. Reserved a King room, paid rate, used a SNA and was confirmed 5 days before into a corner king room. They are now offering a 2 double room, claiming it's upgraded with marina view. The MOD, who's the head chef of the restaurant, could not do anything since they are 98% sold. Stuck with the 2 double bed room and wasted a SNA. Not only they did not honor the room upgrade, they also did not fulfill the reserved room bed type. Major fail.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Just tried to check in tonight close to midnight. Reserved a King room, paid rate, used a SNA and was confirmed 5 days before into a corner king room. They are now offering a 2 double room, claiming it's upgraded with marina view. The MOD, who's the head chef of the restaurant, could not do anything since they are 98% sold. Stuck with the 2 double bed room and wasted a SNA. Not only they did not honor the room upgrade, they also did not fulfill the reserved room bed type. Major fail.
You should alert one of the Lurkers. This is truly unacceptable.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Not only they did not honor the room upgrade, they also did not fulfill the reserved room bed type.
If this was a revenue booking, contact Customer Care. You should be entitled to a full refund. If it was an award, bedding is not guaranteed so your only claim would be a return of the SNA.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is the corner king their SNA upgrade category? It's very nice for a very deluxe room but it's not at all a suite. When I stayed here a couple years ago, I got this room with a bit of an apology expressed (nothing tangible) that they couldn't give me a real suite as a Plat upgrade.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is the corner king their SNA upgrade category?
They have multiple categories available for upgrades. I've been upgraded to a suite multiple times, but not always.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is the corner king their SNA upgrade category? It's very nice for a very deluxe room but it's not at all a suite. When I stayed here a couple years ago, I got this room with a bit of an apology expressed (nothing tangible) that they couldn't give me a real suite as a Plat upgrade.
The corner king is the only SNA upgrade option available. I have never seen a suite at this property, even as an Ambassador level guest.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
If this was a revenue booking, contact Customer Care. You should be entitled to a full refund. If it was an award, bedding is not guaranteed so your only claim would be a return of the SNA.
Originally Posted by heakja
You should alert one of the Lurkers. This is truly unacceptable.
Revenue stay, and already initiated a CCS ticket, along with contact via Twitter. The hotel management is supposed to contact me, but haven't heard a peep yet. Will update when there is one.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:34 am
Original Member

UPDATE: the hotel posted 10K goodwill points as compensation. Still no contact from hotel management, though.

Well, let's talk about the property, shall we?

Actually, there's not much to talk about. Standard Sheraton amenities and decor. The in-room air conditioner is LOUD. Internet is free for everyone. Avoid first floor room since it's right next to the walkway on the marina, so if you can see them, they can see you.

The small lounge next to the restaurant is nice - very cozy with friendly bartenders (Lori and Lauren, working on alternating nights). The food from the restaurant is pretty good, and they are on OpenTable.

There's plenty of free parking, so that's a plus.

Oh, the Platinum local amenity is free drinks - same as gold members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.