Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Holiday Shopping package?

Has anyone booked the Holiday Shopping package? It includes "$25 Gift Card and coupons, VIP free gifts". I'm wondering where the gift card is good, what the coupons are for, and what the free gifts are.

I wish they'd supply an email address so I could ask them these questions...
Old Aug 22, 2010, 4:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Has anyone booked the Holiday Shopping package? It includes "$25 Gift Card and coupons, VIP free gifts". I'm wondering where the gift card is good, what the coupons are for, and what the free gifts are.

I wish they'd supply an email address so I could ask them these questions...
Give them a call. Of course I'd wait until Monday during 8-5 Pacific time so that I could speak to a manager. (707) 283-2888
Old Mar 18, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: SPG Platium, PC Ambassador & Platium, Aeroplan Elite
Anyone stayed here recently? What is the Pro's and Con's compare this property to Westin Napa?

Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Wallease
Anyone stayed here recently? What is the Pro's and Con's compare this property to Westin Napa?
We go here quite a bit. The hotel itself is nothing really special, but to us, the biggest pro is proximity to Sonoma and nearby valleys. It's also a lot cheaper than the Westin for most cases, and doesn't have the 2-night minimum as often.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
What is the Pro's and Con's compare this property to Westin Napa?

Stayed at both Westin Verasa and the Sheraton Petaluma last summer. I'd have to say the Sheraton is very average, while the Westin has some very nice rooms. Meals at the Westin can also be excellent.

There's not much within walking distance of the Sheraton, while you can easily walk into town from the Westin, or get to the wine train.

So for me (and my wife) the only plusses for the Sheraton are the lounge and perhaps the price.

Last edited by Ubud; Mar 19, 2011 at 2:21 pm Reason: Added quote
Old Mar 19, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ubud
There's not much within walking distance of the Sheraton, while you can easily walk into town from the Westin, or get to the wine train.
True, but one thing they do have in Petaluma is a very nice birdwatching walk along the Petaluma river that starts right at the hotel's car park. It's good for about an hours walk if you complete the whole circuit. The Petaluma Sheraton is also a pretty good location to start a Sonoma County ride from if you are into road cycling. Lots of 20-50 mile circuits possible. (Same for the Napa Westin)

I think the Sheraton here is better than average (although so are the rates). The Marina location is a little unusual but as other posters have pointed out, the location is excellent for touring Sonoma county and a good alternative to Santa Rosa.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz President's Circle
My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton last year for a long weekend. We spent a couple of days going to wineries in Napa and Sonoma. The Sheraton and Westin would have been fine for where we wanted to go. The Sheraton was an average Sheraton like other posters have said. However, if I remember right, the reviews on the Westin were not that great in terms of upgrades and service. I did not feel the Westin was worth the difference. Plus the Westin charges a $20 resort fee. I would definitely choose to go back to the Sheraton.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: SPG Platium, PC Ambassador & Platium, Aeroplan Elite
Fellow FTers, any suggestion to winery and restaurant? My brother and I are bringing our parents for a little getaway, thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:25 pm

Fellow FTers, any suggestion to winery and restaurant? My brother and I are bringing our parents for a little getaway, thanks!
I would recommend Domaine Carneros if you like sparkling wine. It belongs to the French Champagne house Taittinger. The chateau looks like it was moved from France and it's surrounded by vineyards. Great place to watch the sunset.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 3:03 pm

<duplicate>
Old Apr 18, 2011, 3:05 pm

Fellow FTers, any suggestion to winery and restaurant?
For the winery, are you looking for a tasting, or scenery? Our favorites for tasting are VJB, Ty Caton, Imagery, Blackstone, and St. Francis. If you like mustard, I highly recommend Chateau St. Jean's jalapeno chardonnay mustard (they're also a very scenic winery).

By the way, lots of Sonoma wineries have free tastings if you have a Visa Signature card. See http://www.sonomawine.com/visa-signa...s-winery-guide.

For the restaurant, there are some good restaurants in Petaluma, but better in Sonoma (we particularly like The Girl and the Fig).
Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat/Hyatt Plat/DL/AmexPlat/CO
Upgrqade Disappointment

We checked in this afternoon (Sunday) for a 1 night say - and say was very disappointed regarding our Platinum (alleged) upgrade. We were place on the 4th floor(Also the Club floor) overlooking the parking lot - not even the marina! And the room is simply a standard room (#433) period. It seems to me that the Sheratons' are starting to believe that an upgrade means simply putting a SPG Gold/Platinum member on the same floor as the Club Lounge. And the hotel was "relatively" empty!

I am getting real tired of this and am experiencing this more and more - especially at domestic Sheratons - not the international Sheratons. SPG had better start getting "smarter" with their loyalty program members or they will start losing them to other hotel loyalty programs.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:58 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
The Sheraton itself is a regular Sheraton I would say. Rooms are ok, Lobby looks nice, Computer/printers are perfectly fine.

However, I think this hotel is lacking proper management. The staff is not greeting anyone when passing by (neither maids nor front desk staff) and our bedskirt had really big stains on it. Black ones from dragging lots of luggage around it and yellow ones where i don't want to think of where they came from...impossible to overlook it, really.

When we complained it took them almost two hours to fix it because they had to call in a maid for this task...how flexible!

There are also new rules for the "Club Lounge": Breakfast every day from 6:30 to 9am and "Evening Snacks" from 5pm to 8pm. So the lounge seems to open on weekends now, too. BUT: all times between, the lounge is COMPLETELY CLOSED! No drinks, nothing...

Drinks in the lounge where quite ok, wine was decent, beer selection ok, the food however was really bad. Snacks where Chicken wings or somethin similar and tasted as if they would be in the bin for a couple of hours (which they probably were) and breakfast was even worse: Every contintal complimentary breakfast in a Fairfield Inn or SpringHill Suites was much much better. Very limited selection and the pastries tasted a couple of days old.

So, the hotel itself is ok, but the management seems to be terrible.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:47 pm

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Boooo

Awesome view of the parking lot. Dirty hot tub and pool and dried (old) dog poop and pee on the marina side of the walkway. Staff seems pleasant and got the room I paid for....but a view of the parking lot? The Westin, which I will review later is the where we will stay from now on.

Lounge is lacking...very much lacking. We didnt waste any time there and moved on. NOT walking distance to the downtown area. Which we were pleased with.

The entire hotel is "rugged" looking and needs to be cleaned up.

pic - look how dirty the window is!

Will not return.

Last edited by singtx; Sep 3, 2011 at 10:53 pm
Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Ouch.

Any updated reviews of this hotel?

Planning a Sonoma trip later this summer. My choices appear to be this Sheraton at 7,000 pts/nt. or one of two nearby Hiltons for about $200-220/nt. with taxes. This Sheraton lists at $239/nt. before taxes, which means I'd probably use points for it.

I'm Gold with HH but may have just hit Diamond in time for this stay. Hard to say. Both of the two Hiltons (one's actually a Doubletree) get rather mediocre reviews.

The Renaissance nearby is going for insane prices - over $500/nt.

I hold no Hyatt status.

Mid-June...am I just stumbling onto max peak season for the wineries? I thought that was more like Sept/Oct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.