Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vienna (Wien), Austria

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vienna (Wien), Austria

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by HookEm
There is no mention of a Club Lounge. Few if any Autograph Collection hotels have a Lounge. So it probably won’t have one if that is important to people. It’s been more than a decade since I stayed at the Renaissance, and IIRC, it had one.
That will be disappointing if true, the IRS lounge was one of my favorites in Europe. I guess practically that won't affect me that much as my regular Vienna moving has moved to Copenhagen.
River in Sight and ExArkie like this.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Just wanted to note that I checked back on the reservation I booked in early October (Hotel Bristol) and was able to re-book it to get a Deluxe room for the same number of points we initially booked a Classic. A much larger number of rooms were available for points bookings, so they must have released some as November approaches. If anyone else was looking for award availability, it can be worth running your search again!
Old Nov 1, 2023, 9:57 am

Best Vienna Location-Ritz Carlton or the Imperial?

Which is best for walking sightseeing and visiting the Christmas Markets?
Old Nov 1, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by JetAway
Which is best for walking sightseeing and visiting the Christmas Markets?
They're a few blocks away from each other. I would pick the Imperial as you'll get free breakfast for Elites.
tjk1976 and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 11:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
They're a few blocks away from each other. I would pick the Imperial as you'll get free breakfast for Elites.
And their breakfast is good
Old Nov 1, 2023, 4:19 pm

I received free breafast at the Ritz as a Titanium and Distrikt was fantastic! However, the Ritz rooms were a little dated.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:00 am

We stayed at the Imperial last summer. I'd highly recommend - upgraded to an incredible suite (with butler), excellent breakfast (included for elites), and friendly welcome from front desk/conceirge/front door staff whenever we came back.

As others have said, the RItz is on the same ring road, about two blocks away. I would say the Ritz is two blocks "the wrong way", i.e. further from the opera house, cathedral, etc., but distance isn't really a deciding factor one way or another.
Spaulding70 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:50 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by lotemblizej
Imperial Riding School, Autograph Collection is scheduled to open in 2024, replacing the Renaissance Imperial Riding School that closed in 2020, according to the Marriott website. It has some pictures of the renovated lobby and rooms. Nothing is bookable yet and the target opening date of March 2024 may well be pushed back, but good to see the property is staying in the Marriott family of hotels. I had many good stays at the Renaissance IRS and look forward to visiting the new hotel as well. Here is a link to the webpage on the Marriott website: https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...tion/overview/
Looking at a possible trip to Vienna (depending on contract negotiations) this summer and checked the IRS availability. The Marriott site shows it available for booking starting May 27, 2024. Assuming, of course, that actually means anything.

All indications are that they have removed the club lounge. That is a shame, since it was actually a pretty good one.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:15 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by ExArkie
Looking at a possible trip to Vienna (depending on contract negotiations) this summer and checked the IRS availability. The Marriott site shows it available for booking starting May 27, 2024. Assuming, of course, that actually means anything.

All indications are that they have removed the club lounge. That is a shame, since it was actually a pretty good one.
As someone who stayed in the former Renaissance IRS dozens of times, lack of a lounge would keep me from staying at its Autograph replacement The lounge was a very nice space and had good offerings.
ExArkie likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:33 pm

We will be in Vienna for 2 nights in May. We have two 85K certificates that we were planning to use there. We booked Hotel Bristol, even though our nights are only 65K and 70K (at least when we booked, now higher). We could stay at the Imperial using the certs. But, the location for the Bristol seems so good. We are hoping to attend the opera one evening and just walk back across the street.

Another option that we also booked just because it seemed so low is the Vienna Riding School. Cost is 22K and 23K. The obvious disadvantage is that it is not nearly as close to the sites we hope to see.

We are both titanium. So, my question is would you stick with the Bristol and use the 85K certs there, switch to using the certs at the Imperial, or switch to the Riding school and use the 85K certs elsewhere. We are touring eastern Europe and could potentially use them in another city. Although, the Bristol or Imperial seem like a good use the certs and we are only there for 2 nights.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:46 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by sdflyer04
We will be in Vienna for 2 nights in May. We have two 85K certificates that we were planning to use there. We booked Hotel Bristol, even though our nights are only 65K and 70K (at least when we booked, now higher). We could stay at the Imperial using the certs. But, the location for the Bristol seems so good. We are hoping to attend the opera one evening and just walk back across the street.

Another option that we also booked just because it seemed so low is the Vienna Riding School. Cost is 22K and 23K. The obvious disadvantage is that it is not nearly as close to the sites we hope to see.

We are both titanium. So, my question is would you stick with the Bristol and use the 85K certs there, switch to using the certs at the Imperial, or switch to the Riding school and use the 85K certs elsewhere. We are touring eastern Europe and could potentially use them in another city. Although, the Bristol or Imperial seem like a good use the certs and we are only there for 2 nights.

Any thoughts appreciated.
The location difference between Bristol and Imperial is very marginal. Personally, I liked Bristol more, but I had an amazing suite upgrade.
Finkface likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.