Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Renaissance [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2023, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
The current destination fee ($30 as of 2 Sept 2023) includes, per night:
  • 1 draft beer
  • 1 old fashion
  • 1 dessert (e.g., cookies)
  • free wi-fi

Fulfillment comes in form of coupons for each item, and you can redeem as many as you want.
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Renaissance [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2005, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm at this hotel right now - here are some observations...

1) Hotel staff is some of the friendliest folks I've met in a LAS hotel (though this is only the third one I've ever stayed at)

2) The TV's kick ... - this is the first hotel that's had flat panel TVs - I wish it was wall mounted though.

3) The business center is free & internet usage is free too in the biz center.

4) Breakfast is a little overpriced (as are all hotels except buffets) - however the food was pretty good!

5) Location is great if you want to take the monorail or have to go to the convention center

6) Beds are fantastic!

7) The bathrooms have a seperate shower & soaking tub - which is nice.

8) Not sure about the parking issues that sdix had - there's no charge for parking & no way they can even check it - there's no gates on the parking garage - free in/outs.

9) Unlike sdix's internet - I had a cord attached to a box on my desk (didn't use it though)

10) There is no coffee stand, but there's a coffee maker in the room.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 3:03 am

Thumbs down

But expensive Room Rates!!!!
Old Jan 16, 2005, 9:06 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Bhatnasx glad you are enjoying your stay-have they started landscaping the back of the Wynn hotel yet?
BTW,did you get an upgrade?My room had a seperate bath tub and shower but the tub was normal hotel size-much to small to soak in.
Tolew-I think we will be seeing a lot of specials at this property when there is no convention in town.They are already participating in Priceline as a 4 star.convention center.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Bhatnasx glad you are enjoying your stay-have they started landscaping the back of the Wynn hotel yet?
BTW,did you get an upgrade?My room had a seperate bath tub and shower but the tub was normal hotel size-much to small to soak in.
Tolew-I think we will be seeing a lot of specials at this property when there is no convention in town.They are already participating in Priceline as a 4 star.convention center.
I didn't get an upgrade - at least I don't think I did - I got a room facing the city (actually facing the Wynn hotel - not sure what you meen by landscaping it though - the hotel's appears to be 2 blocks away). I don't think I got an upgrade, but I'm in a city view room - looking at the website, it appears by the room description, that it's an upgrade, because of the bathroom & view, but it doesn't feel all that "upgraded". I have no status with Marriott - but I did request a room with 2 double beds & that may have been why they had to put me in that room since most of the hotels in the convention center area probably don't have double beds in most rooms b/c they are catering to biz travelers.

As for the coffee bar comment earlier - it appears that there's a coffee bar in the works (near the elevator to the parking garage & biz center) - there's a walk-up stand that doesn't look occupied yet, but I can see in a few months that it'd be a coffee shop with croissants, breads, muffins, etc. The hotel is less than 2 months old & even though they're opened, they may not be fully operational in all aspects yet. I think I saw them cleaning the pool this morning, so I'm guessing it's open (though it's january - it is only about 60 degrees here).
Old Jan 16, 2005, 11:33 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Smile using monorail from this property?

Has anyone used the monorail from the Vegas Renn. to Sands Expo? If so is it close & easy?

I have an upcoming convention @ the Sands Expo & really don't want to rent a car. However, I might due to samples, etc.

Thanks,

Wingtip
Old Jan 16, 2005, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
While there I rode the Monorail-I think if you were lugging more than a briefcase/backpack it would get cumbersome.You have to go up and down several escaltors and it is a hike(short) to get to the actual monorail station.A cab ride to/from won't cost much as it is a short non-strip ride.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 11:36 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Thanks Bigguyinpass.

I may give the monorail a ride just for kicks-once.

Wingtip
Old Jan 18, 2005, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
What's the conceriege lounge like? Standard US marriott type foods in the morning and evening?

Billy
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Delta3MM
What's the conceriege lounge like? Standard US marriott type foods in the morning and evening?

Billy
Can't answer that question as I didn't get to experience it...
Old Jan 31, 2005, 10:25 am
Original Poster

The C lounge is very large and nicely decorated. The food in the morning is the basic continantal type...no hot items. I missed the evening hour last night so not sure what they served. Maybe I'll find out this evening.

A few had praised the LCD TV. The TV is very nice. But IMO it's a waste of technology because all the channels are analog. The 4:3 signal is stretched to 16:9 to fill the wide screen......everybody on the screen looked fat.

Free broadband is awesome. Mini refer in the room is a nice touch, stocked with 2 bottles of water.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think I was excited for the TV because this was the first hotel that I had ever stayed in before that had a flat panel TV - generally when I travel, I try to stay as cheaply as humanly possible - I've switched hotels during a trip in the same city because it was cheaper to do so (I'm an FT'er!).

I will say that the TV's quality was good, IMHO, but I think the TV's themselves were pretty poorly manufactured - they seemed flimsy on the stand - but that may be how all flat panels are - it was my first experience...
Old Jan 31, 2005, 1:49 pm

There's no gates on the parking garage but there is a toll booth which was manned while I was there.

I followed up with the hotel on my issues. Seems I was the first to stay in this particular room therefore was the first to get the bugs out of it. They refunded my parking - their explanation was that because they are so close to the convention center they were getting non guests parking there so they started to charge. People were making up room numbers so as to try to avoid the charge so they started charging everyone!
Old Jan 31, 2005, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did see the parking booth, but there was no one in it for my entire stay - granted, there was nothing really going on at the convention center during this time frame. Seems to me that they should making parking passes for guests to flash at the booth attendents.

FYI, from: http://marriott.com/property/abouthotel/default/lasbr

Parking
Complimentary on-site parking
Complimentary valet parking

I didn't use the valet, I just self-parked.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

I drove in and out of the parking garage several times today and the booth was not staffed. When I checked in last night they did not ask me if I drove.

I printed a copy of the free parking statement from the web just in case.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Plt Prm, One Pass
Rennaissance - Las Vegas

Has anyone stayed at the new Rennaisance Hotel in Vegas (Convention Center)? We are booked there in May and I was wondering what to expect.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.