Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Austin, TX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Austin, TX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2007, 11:35 pm

Austin northwest, which MR property?

There are quite a few of MR properties there, including SHS, CY, RI, TP, anyone knows which is the best for a week stay? Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2007, 1:59 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I haven't personally stayed at a Marriott in Austin, but there are a few postings about some Marriotts in North Austin in the Austin Marriotts thread.

I'm sure others can chime in with more information to help.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 11:17 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
We've stayed a couple of times at the TownePlace Suites in the Arboretum area. The place is "OK".

Two weeks ago, we stayed 3 nights at the Residence Inn in the same area. As a Platinum, they gave us a 2-bedroom suite on the top floor. It was a delightful stay. Great location. Very quiet (even looking out on the MoPac Expressway). Good breakfast. Free high-speed Internet. One downer: 50 cents for local calls.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt diamond, Usair Northwest silver
try marriott round rock

Recently stayed at renaissance arborteum and marriott round rock. prefer Marriott round rock. Less congested, nicer staff,awesome executive lounge with great food., ie, smoked salmon in the am, sandwiches in the evening. Price about the same.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 10:59 pm

Programs: United, Marriott, Choice, Avis, Hertz
I stayed at both the RI and the SHS just off of I-35. The location was fine but service at both was disappointing. I arrived late and was walked from the SHS to the RI in the same parking lot. When I got to the RI the door lock was dead at my room and I couldn't get in for at least an hour. When I finally got in my room after 2am, and had an 8am meeting the next morning, I asked to stay another night so I would not have to move so early. They accomodated me at a higher rate and didn't give me any compensation. I moved to the SpringHill the next night. I expected the Residence to be much nicer than the SpringHill but they were really about the same.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 11:08 pm

Programs: YX Chocolate Chip Cookie
You only get half points at RI. I have stayed at the others. They all look the same and none of them have anything to write home about - bed, desk, shower, toilet; yup, all there.

Oops - forgot - as a plat, got upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite at CY - but it took about an hour to fill to a reasonable level and by then I didn't care anymore.

Last edited by opsbnks; Apr 22, 2007 at 11:12 pm Reason: forgot CY upgrade
Old Apr 23, 2007, 6:36 am

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
Mr. Sprite stays at the FS Ren and really likes it. The area is nice. We stayed a weekend at the SHS. It was exactly the same as all other SHS. Crowded on the weekend. Without the fan on I could hear MoPac traffic a bit until it all but stops for the night. We were there over the daylight savings change, the computers did not change over and auto wake up calls were not received. The Front Desk worked to make them manually. They missed one member in our group (seemed to call in order of elite status/time), when questioned they said Corporate didn't tell them about the daylight savings problem (huh?? we thought about it ahead of time and set a back up alarm). Otherwise everything was fine. We got points and nights for 3 rooms rather than just one! (that never happens) He used the Round Rock FS Mar. last week and liked it also.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:55 am

Thanks, everyone! Most likely I will be staying around the Arboretum area. Either the SHS which is cheaper or the RI (which one is better, SHS or RI?) and few days at the Ren.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 8:31 am

Programs: AA PLT (1MM), MR Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Does anyone have any recent information on the Marriott Austin North's concierge lounge?

I got an E-mail with an offer to upgrade for $20 a night, wanted to know if it was worth the extra bucks.

BTW, I just called the hotel, and the concierge lounge is closed on the weekends.

Thanks!

Last edited by BWI Flyer; Nov 5, 2007 at 8:46 am
Old Nov 6, 2007, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA Platinum
The Renaissance Austin was great. Newer building with a large atrium. Got upgraded to a suite with no problem for a 5 day stay, which is rare to me.
The only problem with Austin when we went in Sept was the cricket infestation. They made it up into my room all week!
Old Nov 6, 2007, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
I am also a fan of the Renaissance
Old Nov 6, 2007, 7:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
I'm actually staying at the Marriott Austin North now. I have stayed here a total of ~4 weeks over the last few months and have been on the CL floor every time.
I think the CL is great here. They have a different hot breakfast every morning. This hotel is pretty new and the staff is very friendly. I think its one of the nicer Marriotts.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 7:19 pm

Programs: Marriott rewards, SPG
i am currently staying at the renaissance here in austin and i totally love it here. the staff that i have been dealing with is a cut above!!! glad i actually made the trek up here to try it out...
Old Dec 22, 2007, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by JimJ321
The only problem with Austin when we went in Sept was the cricket infestation. They made it up into my room all week!
Where are the bats when you need'em?

Just recently spent a night at the Marriott South. I was taken aback as well by the 5 Marriott brands side-by-side along the freeway (M-SHS-FI-CY-RI).

Got upgraded to a great suite (thanks to this thread for the X45 & X25 suggestion) with a living room separated by french doors from the bedroom, vanity area, and bathroom.

Dinner in the Limestone bar/restaurant was fine, with a typical SW-style menu.

C-lounge was cozy and had a reasonable honor bar, food (arrived late for the hot appetizers), and breakfast (sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, rolls). Attendant was friendly. Free Wifi a plus. ^

Overall a great stay.

Only nitpick was the location; it's not an optimum area to be in w/o a car. Only the island of Marriott brands and an Asian-type place next door admist a sea of car dealearships and industrial tilt-ups and no sidewalk w/in a reasonable distance. If you plan on using it as your base, better to rent a car or take a taxi. Otherwise, it's perfectly fine as an overnighter for AUS when you use the hotel shuttle.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 1:57 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Renaissance Austin

Any recent take on this hotel...headed there next week and what is the typical taxi fare from the airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.