Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonvoy Earnings and Exchange Rates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by rylan
I stayed at the Renaissance Fira Barcelona recently also and points posted significantly incorrectly. I'm just planning on submitting a 'missing stay request' in a week once in the eligible period after the stay, uploading my folio and explaining the discrepenacy and that points posted incorrectly from my base spend.
It seems more like they converted backwards where Euro is worth less than a dollar, instead of other way around.
Ditto on that property and having had problems. Either they don't know the rules, or are engaged in shenanigans.

I reached out to Bonvoy to correct a recent one that posted 80% lower than it should of...two agents in the row said my folio was "invalid" - it's rather annoying to have to reach out three times to get them to meet their own T&C
SPN Lifer and goodeats21 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If the Renaissance Barcelona Fira consistently has posting issues with currency conversions, then yes I agree it is either intentional or they have something broken on their side for the conversion like the ratio reversed.

My stay I received only 5706 base points, despite my room pre-tax being 635 Eur... and I had a bit of incidental spend as well. Exchange rate during the stay hovered around 1.09 USD = 1 EUR, so I should've received around 6920 base.

If I do the conversion backwards, I get relatively close to closer to my base so seems like their spreadsheet/calculator is backwards and dividing EUR by the xrate instead of multiplying.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rylan
I stayed at the Renaissance Fira Barcelona recently also and points posted significantly incorrectly. I'm just planning on submitting a 'missing stay request' in a week once in the eligible period after the stay, uploading my folio and explaining the discrepenacy and that points posted incorrectly from my base spend.
It seems more like they converted backwards where Euro is worth less than a dollar, instead of other way around.
Yep, that's exactly what happened with me and I did raise it as a Missing Stay request after the waiting period had elapsed.

To be fair, when I pointed out the error, with calculations as to what points total I would have expected, citing the relevant Mastercard exchange rate for the date of check-out, Marriott were prompt in reversing the original transaction and crediting me the points based on the corrected RoE - in fact they gave me slightly more points than I was expecting presumably because the CSA used what I presume was a current RoE which had moved in my favour.

Unfortunately I have 2 additional stays in Milan where the same thing has happened, albeit the RoE used in those cases was 1:1 - still wrong but not quite so egregiously out of whack as the FIRA, so additional claims will be going in shortly.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.