Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Labtwentytwo, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Barcelona [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2024, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond

There was no master thread for this hotel yet, so I figured I'd create one and write a quick review.

Check in was smooth, very nice staff, no issues despite the hotel still being very new.
There are no suites, but we got a nice room on a high floor that had views of a parking lot, with the Sagrada Familia in the background.
The hotel is brand new and has quite a nice, modern design. The doors were very thick, so I don't think you'd hear any noise from the hallway.
As I am a Titanium Elite member, we received drink vouchers for the rooftop bar that were good for soft drinks, beer, wine or cava, if I remember correctly.
There's a small rooftop pool as well, but it wasn't warm enough that we felt like hopping into it (and it's VERY small, it's not like you'd be able to really swim there).
The area immediately around the hotel is quite boring, it's mostly residential buildings, but restaurants are just a 10 minute walk away.
There's also a restaurant in the hotel (Alcachoa, on the lower floor), which we didn't check out, apart from the breakfast that was served there.
Breakfast was served ŕ la carte - not sure if this was due to there being so few guests (there were at most 3-4 other guests having breakfast at the same time as us), or if this is a permanent thing.
The breakfast was OK (probably very good by Spanish standards), though I pitied the servers who were constantly running from table to table and seemed a bit overwhelmed, despite there being so few guests.

We booked this hotel mostly because of its gym, which looked great in the photos (two proper squat racks/power racks!).
Unfortunately, while it looked great, the quality was rather cheap. For example, the weights on one side of the cable tower would often get stuck during exercises (already mentioned to the staff, as this will hopefully be covered under warranty). Another issue was that the lightest plates they had were 5kg, so you could only increase the weight on the barbells by at least 10kg at a time. Gave them feedback on this as well, hopefully they'll order more plates.
It generally didn't seem like the gym equipment was ordered by someone who is actually into weight lifting, but hey, I guess I shouldn't complain as many gyms don't have any barbells at all.

All in all, it was an OK stay and I would stay there again. The Four Points (which I liked a lot for its price and location) is just a 5-10 minute walk away - though the gym at the Four Points is a complete joke with just some treadmills, a single bench and some dumbbells.
I would stay at Labtwentytwo again, but then again, there are so many hotels to choose from in Barcelona that I'd probably book something else next time, just to try it (I've mostly stayed at the W in the past because of its location on the beach and nice pools).

Uploaded some photos here (including a photo of the breakfast menu):
https://www.directupload.net/galerie/526481/2sG7pRZ9BV

Let me know if you have any questions.
mplflyer likes this.

Last edited by ChocolateFactory; Jan 30, 2024 at 11:45 am Reason: Adjusted title
Old Feb 3, 2024, 9:23 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Lifetime Plat, AV Diamond
My Mom/Oldest Daughter stayed here recently on their last stop of a Western Europe city tour and here's what my mom had to say - I had the privilege at staying at LabTwentyTwo, Barcelona the last week of January 2024. While there I had a cold with fever. David and the staff at Za'atar Pool & Bar made me a special herbal tea and a vegetable soup - even though no soups were on their menu. This tea and soup broke the chill that night and so I was able to continue enjoying my vacation in Barcelona. All the staff at this facility were very kind, caring and helpful. They definitely went beyond the call of duty to ensure that we were healthy and happy!!! I give this Hotel a 5 out of 5 rating!!!
With sincerest thanks and much appreciation
mplflyer and MaxFlyer like this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 12:43 pm

How much do they charge for breakfast at this hotel?

We are a family of 4 staying in 2 rooms but I’m the only one with platinum status.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
How safe is the neighborhood? A local FT'er mentioned gypsies nearby...
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
We felt very, very safe. There wasn’t much going on in the immediate vicinity, but there were many restaurants in 5-10 minutes walking distance from the hotel.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
How safe is the neighborhood? A local FT'er mentioned gypsies nearby...
Gypsies? Seriously? Most Barcelona residents would feel perfectly safe in this part of the city.

Unlike convention wisdom for some other cities around the world, the least "safe" parts of Barcelona are those with the most tourists. It's people staying at the Meridien, etc. who are making the mistake of assuming that they are staying in the "safest neighbourhood".
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Just finished a two night stay. Nice hotel, new, and the staff was very friendly. The neighborhood was not super exciting as mentioned above, but I felt perfectly safe. It seemed like a regular neighborhood in a city. There's supermarket one block away and a good peruvian chicken restaurant across the street on the same block. It was about a 10-15 minute walk to many restaurants. Overall, for a business trip, this hotel was fine. For vacations, I would find the location fairly inconvenient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.