Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott properties in Zanzibar, Tanzania

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2023, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum

Hi everyone,

I snagged a very good miles redemption from CDG to ZNZ in May, and I'm now looking to do the same for points and make it a double whammy.

I'm seeing two beachfront (or "seafront" more accurately) Marriott properties on the island, but precious little information about them. One is the 4* Nungwi Beach Resort by Turaco (Tribute Portfolio), whereas the other is the 5* Le Mersenne Zanzibar (Autograph Collection).

Any experiences with either property? I'm seeing a fair share of both positive and negative reviews online on both, and the points cost is similar.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:52 am

I have no experiences with either property but it seems like the Nungwi Beach Resort would have more to do, despite being more rustic compared to Le Mersenne Zanzibar.

Last edited by eye84u; Feb 29, 2024 at 8:58 am
Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the feedback. I've decided to postpone the trip to November, as May turns out to be the worst season to visit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.