Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Another Interesting Springhill Suites Quirk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2023, 7:29 pm
formerly Will Stonehocker
Original Poster

I also hear that there are some Springhill Suites properties that can do a two-room suite, a la Embassy Suites.

And there are some Springhill Suites properties that can also offer a whirlpool bathtub in the room, a la Comfort Suites.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Any location confirmed to have those?
Old Nov 5, 2023, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yscleo
Any location confirmed to have those?
Pennsylvania, Texas, and Ohio come to mind.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 11:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by purplenightskylovertv
Pennsylvania, Texas, and Ohio come to mind.
Which properties in particular? Those are big states.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Quakerstown PA
Dallas NW Highway (the official site says two-bedroom suite)
Pittsburgh North Shore
Norfolk ODU
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Because I called the thread Another Interesting Springhill Suites Quirk, are there any properties that used to be a Springhill Suites, but are no longer called that due to no longer being associated with Marriott?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 11:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by purplenightskylovertv
Quakerstown PA
Dallas NW Highway (the official site says two-bedroom suite)
Pittsburgh North Shore
Norfolk ODU
Springhill Suites Dallas NW Highway at Stemmons/I-35E was formerly Best Western Windsor Suites. In other words, it's a reflagged hotel, not originally built as Springhill Suites. Currently, they offer four room types:
— Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed
— Suite, 2 Queen(s), Sofa bed
— 1 Bedroom Apartment, 1 King, Sofa bed
— 2 Bedroom Suite, Bedroom 1: 1 King, Bedroom 2: 2 Queen(s), Sofa bed

On the other hand, SpringHill Suites Quakertown, built in 2008, appears to be a purpose-built Springhill Suites property, with just two room types, so I'm not sure why It's on this list,
— Studio, 1 King, Sofa bed
— Studio, 2 Queen(s), Sofa bed

Most Springhill Suites properties are very "cookie-cutter," with a mix of rooms, some with one bed and some with two. It's not a brand for good elite upgrades because rooms tend to be identical, except the number of beds.

The brand standards for new-builds have evolved since the old Fairfield Suites brand (not to be confused with the Fairfield Inn & Suites brand) was changed to Springhill Suites in 1998, but the concept has remained the same: bedrooms with separate seating/working zones, but not true two-room suites.

I'm not sure I would say that a rare deviation from "cookie-cutter" rooms at a few Springhill Suites is "Another Interesting Springhill Suites Quirk," as though it's a feature of the brand. It's just the result of brand reflaggings that are common among franchised limited service hotels.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Horace
Springhill Suites Dallas NW Highway at Stemmons/I-35E was formerly Best Western Windsor Suites. In other words, it's a reflagged hotel, not originally built as Springhill Suites. Currently, they offer four room types:
— Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed
— Suite, 2 Queen(s), Sofa bed
— 1 Bedroom Apartment, 1 King, Sofa bed
— 2 Bedroom Suite, Bedroom 1: 1 King, Bedroom 2: 2 Queen(s), Sofa bed

On the other hand, SpringHill Suites Quakertown, built in 2008, appears to be a purpose-built Springhill Suites property, with just two room types, so I'm not sure why It's on this list,
— Studio, 1 King, Sofa bed
— Studio, 2 Queen(s), Sofa bed

Most Springhill Suites properties are very "cookie-cutter," with a mix of rooms, some with one bed and some with two. It's not a brand for good elite upgrades because rooms tend to be identical, except the number of beds.

The brand standards for new-builds have evolved since the old Fairfield Suites brand (not to be confused with the Fairfield Inn & Suites brand) was changed to Springhill Suites in 1998, but the concept has remained the same: bedrooms with separate seating/working zones, but not true two-room suites.

I'm not sure I would say that a rare deviation from "cookie-cutter" rooms at a few Springhill Suites is "Another Interesting Springhill Suites Quirk," as though it's a feature of the brand. It's just the result of brand reflaggings that are common among franchised limited service hotels.
And there is also a Springhill property in PA (town unknown) that was a three-story building with the lobby level below floor 1. The logic is that the property is on a hill. My family and I stayed there back in 2005, when I was 8 years old. Not sure if it's a quirk, but it's there.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 6:05 am
Original Poster

The Springhill Suites in Downtown Roanoke VA is a former Cambria, which explains having a two-bedroom suite and a one-bedroom suite. Very well passes for an Embassy Suites...
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
I just checked into the Springhill Suites Franklin Mint, KY - possibly the nicest of the newer builds I've seen. It has the new style on-site bar and attractive lobby, but it's the rooms that set it apart. On a lowly AAA/CAA one king rate I received a beautiful two-room suite, with a large living room with marble dry bar and 3 stools, sofa and chair. The sofa is the usual Springhill trundle bed but the other furnishings are more upscale than typical. The suite has 2 bathrooms, with the larger having a separate Kohler standalone soaking tub in addition to the shower. The finishes are all much nicer than usual and the suite has 3 large screen TVs. Some thought went into this place.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyzflyer
I just checked into the Springhill Suites Franklin Mint, KY - possibly the nicest of the newer builds I've seen. It has the new style on-site bar and attractive lobby, but it's the rooms that set it apart. On a lowly AAA/CAA one king rate I received a beautiful two-room suite, with a large living room with marble dry bar and 3 stools, sofa and chair. The sofa is the usual Springhill trundle bed but the other furnishings are more upscale than typical. The suite has 2 bathrooms, with the larger having a separate Kohler standalone soaking tub in addition to the shower. The finishes are all much nicer than usual and the suite has 3 large screen TVs. Some thought went into this place.
I'm getting vibes from the Marriott Suites, whose properties would have a separate bathtub and shower in the bathroom.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

If my logic is correct, Springhill Suites=Comfort Suites=Hyatt Place=Embassy Suites? I do know IHG has something on that level, but I'm not so sure about Wyndham.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 12:00 pm

You're more likely to find the suites and whirlpool tubs in the older properties.

The Springhill Suites on Palm Parkway in Orlando also has a proper suite, with full kitchen no less. It is a newer hotel, but a very unusual design: https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...ista/overview/

Many Fairfields also have rooms similar to the Springhill Suites design, and some even have proper 2-room suites.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KRSW
You're more likely to find the suites and whirlpool tubs in the older properties.

The Springhill Suites on Palm Parkway in Orlando also has a proper suite, with full kitchen no less. It is a newer hotel, but a very unusual design: https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...ista/overview/

Many Fairfields also have rooms similar to the Springhill Suites design, and some even have proper 2-room suites.
Good observation.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

The Springhill Suites Fayetteville Fort Bragg NC also has a whirlpool suite. Yet the property looks very recent. Very odd considering that a lot of people love the stand-up shower more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.