Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Email confirmations no longer being sent?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email confirmations no longer being sent?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by dgreen12
Is it possible to put the "other email address" on auto-forward to your preferred email address for emails from Marriott?

And if it is, what happens? Do the emails make it through to the preferred email address?
Well, that was my plan. But I opened a new email account, set Marriott to use it, added forwarding for "all emails" to that Inbox to my original account and nothing is forwarding. Not just Marriott emails aren't forwarding, literally nothing is.

The cards are stacked against me right now and I have no idea who I made mad. LOL.

-RM
Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:38 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Well, that was my plan. But I opened a new email account, set Marriott to use it, added forwarding for "all emails" to that Inbox to my original account and nothing is forwarding. Not just Marriott emails aren't forwarding, literally nothing is.

The cards are stacked against me right now and I have no idea who I made mad. LOL.

-RM
Sounds like you need a vacation. Just make sure to check any of your hotel bookings for it manually since you won't be getting email confirmations Sorry couldn't resist....

--Jon
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I guess the good news is I can create an individual forward rule from my new Inbox since "forward all email" is a completely broken function. I added a rule to forward all emails from [email protected] to my original account and that's working so far. Of course in my original Inbox it now shows the email coming from myself (the new account) vs Marriott but I can live with that for now. Just super frustrating as this worked for many years until two weeks ago and something inexplicably changed.

-RM
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
For the past few weeks I am no longer getting email confirmations of ANY reservation I make on Marriott.com. Anybody else having this issue? I've made 5 reservations in the past 3 days and about 10 reservations over the past two weeks and not a single one generates a confirmation email to me. I've changed nothing on my Marriott account. What gives?

I can't even find a way to fix this. There's no setting in my profile that says to email or not email confirmations.

Note: I am also not getting cancellations emails either.

They are not going straight to deleted or junk email folders.

-RM
I know this is old but I just wanted to say... same thing happened to me and I have checked everything. Going to switch my email as you did. I actually had it where I cancelled a reservation like 3 weeks ago. Logged into my account last night and it was like "ready to check in". I'm like WTH, i cancelled this. But... i had no proof because I don't receive emails. Luckily they cancelled it without charging me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.