Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Viv Hotel, Anaheim, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2023, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold

Was looking for a place that takes 35K and 40K certificates and this property was 47K and 55K for the two nights I needed. Barely, just barely making it work.

(As an aside, these $125 annual fee certificates usually require 15,000 ($120, lets say) of points to make them work. $125+$120=$245 for a property that was selling rooms for $221. Hardly any value left in this program. But an expiration date is an expiration date.)

Wanted a hotel that was walkable and wasnt having labor unrest. The Sheraton at the Park was being picketed. The Marriott wasnt, but the adjacent Hilton was, and the sound carries, I was told. Other properties were too many points or sold out. Time to try the Viv!

Pros:
True 4* quality
Quality air conditioning
New build (originally as a Radisson Blu, which isnt a brand that was destined to succeed in Anaheim)
Two pools and two hot tubs, one rooftop and one ground level for families
A proper elite breakfast benefit (no games, no upsells) until 11 am
Walkable enough (no 4* is really that close anyway)
Real glassware in the rooms
upgrade to the room type we needed (two Queen with bunk beds) upon request
4 PM checkout honored

cons:
weird clicking sound in room we couldnt figure out
some ambient noise from screaming kids in the hallway

Overall, this is a solid property that I hope finds a following so it doesnt get value engineered into a Holiday Inn level of property.
LSEGallipot and mciampa like this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Again very impressed with this property and consider it a hidden gem. The staff are solid.
dgreen12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.