Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

New promo: 2 paid stays by the end of Aug earns 35k points 1 night cert [targeted?]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 1, 2023, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
  • Register today to activate your offer.
  • Stay twice at any of our 8,000+ extraordinary hotels and resorts worldwide participating in Marriott Bonvoy now through 08/31/2023.
  • Get one Free Night Award valued at 35,000 points after your second eligible stay*.
  • Redeem for a free night at thousands of hotels worldwide, finding your ideal getaway.
*A “stay” is defined as one or more consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity, on any Points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”). Book stays directly through Marriott Channels in order to participate in the Promotion.

Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy® account is required. Registered members can earn one (1) Free Night Award valued at 35,000 Points after their second (2nd) eligible paid stay during the Promotion’s earning period (the “Promotion”). Earning period starts the same day after the member registers and continues through the end of the month, plus an additional two (2) months (the “Earning Period”). Registered members electing to earn Miles are not eligible for this Promotion. A “stay” is defined as one or more consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity, on any Points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”). Award redemption nights including Points redemption, Cash + Points, or Free Night Awards redemption are not eligible for the Promotion. Stays completed prior to Promotion registration are not eligible for this offer. Only one room per property is counted toward a registered member’s stays for the Promotion. Credit toward this Promotion is given for stays consumed at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties that occur within the Earning Period. The Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection, Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy, Marriott Executive Apartments® and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for this Promotion. For a list of current participating Marriott Bonvoy properties, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi#participatingpropertiesandbrands. The Free Night Award will be added to the member's account within three to five (3–5) business days after your second (2nd) qualifying stay, and is valid for six (6) months from the date of issuance. A maximum of one Free Night Award can be earned during the Promotion.

Free Night Awards can be redeemed for one night in a standard guest room at a participating property offering a redemption rate up to 35,000 Points. Free Night Awards are valid only in connection with individual travel and are not applicable to group travel, package tours, conventions or other special rates and/or package programs. A Free Night Award may be used to pay for the expense of your room and related room taxes only, but may not be used to pay for food, beverages, service charges, other taxes, or other incidental expenses. Likewise, you will not earn Points for room charges or room tax covered by the Free Night Award. A Free Night Award is good for one night, for one standard guest room only. Standard guest rooms for Award Redemptions vary between Participating Properties and Participating Brands. A Free Night Award has no cash value. Members who apply the Free Night Award on a night where the value of the Free Night Award is higher than the standard guest room award redemption rate will forfeit the difference in Points and not receive a Points refund. Members are able to redeem or purchase up to 15,000 Points to expand the value of such Free Night Award. Stays must be booked through direct Marriott Channels in order to participate in the Promotion. Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion. This Promotion is nontransferable and is valid for one-time use. This Promotion is subject to modification, cancellation, or limitation at Marriott’s discretion, with or without notice. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply, and are subject to change with or without notice. For more information, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi. This Promotion may be combined with other promotions in market during the same time; however, earnings are exclusive of each other. Promotion is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Marriott International, Inc., is not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Void where prohibited by law.
Print Wikipost

New promo: 2 paid stays by the end of Aug earns 35k points 1 night cert [targeted?]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2023, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Let me recap for my own edification....it was prematurely released in the early morning hours. Many jumped on it. Then it was removed. Then they decided to honor those night owls who did register but then saw it disappear.

So this means to me that it will still be rolled out - to either everyone or those targeted - sometime. Does that mean that those of us who missed it at 4 am might still have a chance?
possible but slim. This promotion is valued at 17500 points for one stay (35k points cert for 2 stays), it's an incredible deal. Just how much Marriott is going to burn if they release it as a global promotion. So I really doubt they are going to release it again but we shall see.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by icycool
possible but slim. This promotion is valued at 17500 points for one stay (35k points cert for 2 stays), it's an incredible deal. Just how much Marriott is going to burn if they release it as a global promotion. So I really doubt they are going to release it again but we shall see.
I bet the internal book cost of a 35k certificate is under $35, maybe even under $25?
Jiatong likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by audio-nut (Post # 78)
got stay 2 paid nights, get 10 elite nights
Is there a (non-account-specific) link for that one?
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by icycool
This promotion is valued at 17500 points for one stay (35k points cert for 2 stays), it's an incredible deal.
Yes, it looks like a good deal. But a 1-night certificate that expires relatively soon is definitely not equivalent to 35k points.

So I doubt I'm the only one who thought...
  1. Do I have two stays this summer I want to move over the Marriott? Hmmm... not sure...
  2. Do I have the need for 1 night at at 35k-point hotel this autumn? Hmmm... doesn't look like it
Of course I regret not having registered when I had the chance, but it was hardly a no-brainer.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 12:36 am

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by donotblink
I bet the internal book cost of a 35k certificate is under $35, maybe even under $25?
Marriott's payment to the hotel for accepting the cert is a function of occupancy on the day the cert is used. If a hotel is at high occupancy the cert could be worth several hundred dollars to the hotel.

This is sometimes why you'll see 35K available at a hotel which has a huge event nearby resulting in $500+ rates. It's basically a way for the hotel to keep the cash rate high but ensure high occupancy by leaving the point rate low.

Keep your eye on Taylor Swift concert dates and you'll see this dynamic play out at many Marriott hotels. You'll also see it during Spring Training season in Florida, etc...
Old Jun 3, 2023, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by mikebor
I'm Lifetime Titanium and Ambassador and got nothing. Not in my promotions in my account. And I live in the USA.

Not the least bit surprised either. Why actually guarantee something nice for their most loyal and elite customers who spend the most smh.
Same here. But it's not like Marriott needs to drive more business from us.
-RM
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
Marriott's payment to the hotel for accepting the cert is a function of occupancy on the day the cert is used. If a hotel is at high occupancy the cert could be worth several hundred dollars to the hotel.

This is sometimes why you'll see 35K available at a hotel which has a huge event nearby resulting in $500+ rates. It's basically a way for the hotel to keep the cash rate high but ensure high occupancy by leaving the point rate low.

Keep your eye on Taylor Swift concert dates and you'll see this dynamic play out at many Marriott hotels. You'll also see it during Spring Training season in Florida, etc...
Yeah, I remember from the Le Parker Meridien lawsuit, but I bet on a blended average basis the value is low because not everyone is like us on FT.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
I had the promo in my account and registered for it. But later it has dissappeared.

The answer of the CS:

[size=10pt]Thank you for your reply. It is my pleasure to help further.

Per the Terms and Conditions of the promotion: This Promotion is subject to modification, cancellation, or limitation at Marriott's discretion, with or without notice. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply, and are subject to change with or without notice. For more information, visit [/size]
[size=12pt][size=10pt]Loyalty Program Terms & Conditions[/size][/size][size=10pt].[/size]

[size=10pt]In closing, may I thank you, once again, for taking the time to write. We are grateful for your support and look forward to welcoming you at a Marriott Hotel in the future.[/size]

[size=10pt]Best Regards,[/size]
Old Jun 3, 2023, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by northernstar84
I had the promo in my account and registered for it. But later it has dissappeared.

The answer of the CS:

Per the Terms and Conditions of the promotion: This Promotion is subject to modification, cancellation, or limitation at Marriott's discretion, with or without notice. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply, and are subject to change with or without notice. For more information, visit [/size]
[size=12pt][size=10pt]Loyalty Program Terms & Conditions[/size][/size][size=10pt].[/size]

[size=10pt]In closing, may I thank you, once again, for taking the time to write. We are grateful for your support and look forward to welcoming you at a Marriott Hotel in the future.[/size]

Oooh, the Bonvoy first giveth, then taketh and now keepth away. Really, really lame.

David
Old Jun 3, 2023, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
LTP with only a couple of stays so far this year. Saw OMAAT post about the offer and jumped into my account and it was there. Great timing for me on this one. I already had 2x Marriott stays booked for this upcoming week so this should be a relatively straightforward (and lucrative) promo
SPN Lifer and donotblink like this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

The answer of the CS:

can you check again to see if it’s back in your account?
Old Jun 3, 2023, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium

The answer of the CS:

Yours is the first (and only) report I've seen of completed registration without reinstatement.

May want to escalate.
SPN Lifer and Mr. BoH like this.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I was in touch with Marriott to find out what is going on and received the following response from the spokesperson:

All successful registrations this morning will be honored, however the promotion will not be active/available for any other members at this time. That being said, we are adding new offers all the time, so we encourage members to be on the lookout and to check the Promotions tab of their Marriott Bonvoy accounts.
I think this quote from Clamui/Loyalty lobby sums it up well.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2023/06/02/...-promo-fiasco/
SPN Lifer and Mr. BoH like this.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 7:52 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Originally Posted by donotblink
can you check again to see if it’s back in your account?
Nope....
Old Jun 4, 2023, 10:44 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I have been very lucky because I haven’t got this promo (like all the other targeted promos) so I avoided to loose time getting in touch with Marriott CC asking why the promo disappeared from my account

thanks Marriott to save my time !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.