Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Unusual timing of Chase free night posting

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2023, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold

In my wife's (Boundless) account the annual free night posted a few weeks ago, while her annual fee was last charged May 1 2022, while in my account (also Boundless) the annual fee was charged on April 1, and I haven't received the free night yet. Any idea what's going on here, except for Marriott's bad IT???
Old Apr 15, 2023, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by frankvb
In my wife's (Boundless) account the annual free night posted a few weeks ago, while her annual fee was last charged May 1 2022, while in my account (also Boundless) the annual fee was charged on April 1, and I haven't received the free night yet. Any idea what's going on here, except for Marriott's bad IT???
I've always received my free night certificate on my anniversary date and billed the annual fee on the 1st of the following month. I believe that Chase changed Hyatt's cert to 8 weeks after anniversary, so one chance is that has happened with Marriott also. Or maybe your anniversary date is different from your billing date due to a product change. Or it could just be a Chase or Marriott issue...
frankvb likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by joeags
Or maybe your anniversary date is different from your billing date due to a product change.
Thanks, yes that's the case here, didn't think of that. I found last year's email and it was dated November 17.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 6:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Chase also keep the (original) anniversary date for credit card nights when you product change. My night posts in 3 months prior to the annual fee (when the card was changed).
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.