Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Santa Maria, Luxury Collection Hotel & Golf Resort, Panama City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Santa Maria, Luxury Collection Hotel & Golf Resort, Panama City [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Marriott press release:

The Santa Maria, A Luxury Collection Hotel & Golf Resort Opens In Panama | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts today announced the brand’s debut in Panama with the opening of The Santa Maria, a Luxury Collection Hotel & Golf Resort, Panama City, located minutes from the capital’s city-center. An urban oasis...Located within an exclusive neighborhood next to the Costa del Este and Santa Maria business parks and just minutes away from both the airport and Panama City’s city center, The Luxury Collection’s Santa Maria is poised to elevate the destination’s luxury hospitality landscape. The new hotel features 182 luxurious guestrooms and suites ...The Santa Maria offers stunning urban and golf course views, two restaurants, a state-of-the-art spa, a fitness center with rejuvenating natural light, an outdoor pool and exceptional meeting and event spaces."

Hotel website: Category 4. (no idea why it says hotel in India; takes you to the Santa Maria website)

Hotel in Bengaluru | ITC Gardenia, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bengaluru

Cheers.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Has ANYONE had a stay here? Looking for an early winter jaunt...its either this or the JW.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by joelfreak
Has ANYONE had a stay here? Looking for an early winter jaunt...its either this or the JW.
I have JW booked as well but also very curious on this property. I honestly can't find a property that's as cheap and as appealing as the JW in Panama(the pool views might be one of the best in the world). SO many amazing options across all brands in Panama for dirt cheap, was pretty shocked. Need to book an actual vacation here sometime for an extended period of time to hotel hop
svo242 and joelfreak like this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 1:44 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
This is, by far, one of the better properties I have been to globally, let alone the best I have tried in Panama. The care from the staff and the comfort of the rooms add up to a true Luxury Collection experience that made me sad to leave. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Upgraded at least a week or two in advance to an Executive Suite, and ended up in the Executive Suite on the top floor (7)
  • The suite is a full suite with 1.5 bathrooms, separate bedroom, etc.
  • The bed was fantastic - truly regal with soft linens, an incredibly plush mattress, plush pillows, and covers that were decently thick for the environment
  • Shower pressure from the rainfall head was immaculately strong
  • Living room furniture was very plush and comfortable
  • Walk-in closet useful
  • So many towels - at least 7 bath towels
  • Left a nice welcome gift of lots of cheeses - they were tasty, but unfortunately, it was delivered after I had eaten a delicious five cheese pizza at a local restaurant called TEKA
  • Service is incredible
    • This is the kind of place where everyone wants to talk about your life story and travel history - they also seem to know your name even before you meet
    • Lovely check-in and check-out conversations - had multiple folks come out to greet me at check-in
    • The check-out conversation was getting so deep that I had to cut it off as my Uber had arrived :-)
    • They told me I was very nice and kind - I told them to tell that to my mother ;-)
  • Offered late checkout, but I didn't need it as I left around 11:30 for my flight at 3:30 (love an early airport arrival)
  • Breakfast is "included" - not sure how as I was told I was also getting welcome points - and is very good
    • Breakfast service is all by name and very friendly - they really want to make sure you're okay
    • Buffet was tasty with really yummy pancakes (I had 5), tasty cinnamon rolls, and a really nice omelet station
  • Internet TV OS with YouTube was present
Cons:
  • Location isn't walkable - it's between the airport and the city, though, so Uber works fine - I would be weary though as traffic in Panama City was even bad on a Saturday afternoon
Overall, this was a lovely hotel.

Photos:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.